Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Furious Western Force players wanted Richard Graham sacked

vCash
    great, as suspected the team is now divided. Great.

What troubles me is this:
    "...The club is keen to make a quick appointment and has had talks with recently named Wallabies coaching co-ordinator and former Munster coach Tony McGahan, and Heineken Cup winner Michael Cheika, who is at French Top 14 club Stade Francais..."

Why do they have to make a "quick" appointment. Why cant they do a thorough search, application and interview process this time and get it right. Sure both those two are apparently excellent coaches, but they are not the only ones. And look outside the box, they don't HAVE to be Australian.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post

"...The club is keen to make a quick appointment and has had talks with recently named Wallabies coaching co-ordinator and former Munster coach Tony McGahan, and Heineken Cup winner Michael Cheika, who is at French Top 14 club Stade Francais..."

Why do they have to make a "quick" appointment. Why cant they do a thorough search, application and interview process this time and get it right. Sure both those two are apparently excellent coaches, but they are not the only ones. And look outside the box, they don't HAVE to be Australian.
    Yeah i will be pissed if we end up with somelike Any Friend when the Brumbies can get Jake White. We need a high profile youth focused coach not a washed up no good Aus Wannabie!

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthChicka View Post
    You mean because RugbyWA would have sacked him anyway for achieving absolutely zip in the last couple of years? Probably not.

But what does sting the most for me is the fact that I swallowed the line he fed about being so committed to developing rugby in WA and to achieving success for the Force blah blah blah. Seems the only thing he was actually committed to was furthering his career. Nothing wrong with that in itself, just the spin that it was camouflaged in. Feels like I was sold a lemon. Again.
    Yeah, he'd been here barely a year and was already negotiating with The Reds.. I think for the reason alone he should be shown the door.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Lets get a few things straight:

The Force are not a "club", they are a "franchise" who for the time being are based in Perth. In 3 years time the franchise agreement could easily be revoked and replaced with another one based in Newcastle or the Gold Coast.

The Force are owned by Rugby WA (WARU legally) whose shareholders are the community clubs.

Don't disagree with a lot of sentiment on this thread.

Contract negotiations and announcements should be made between seasons and not during. Very poor form by all involved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post

"[I].... Sure both those two are apparently excellent coaches, but they are not the only ones. And look outside the box, they don't HAVE to be Australian.
    I actually think it's better NOT to get an Australian. There is always the excuse of having to go back to where they come from.. family reasons.. blah blah.

Let's get someone from a shite climate that is just happy to BE in Australia. And we all know Perth is the best place in Australia to live, so they will be happy to stay here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Lets get a few things straight:

The Force are not a "club", they are a "franchise" who for the time being are based in Perth. In 3 years time the franchise agreement could easily be revoked and replaced with another one based in Newcastle or the Gold Coast.

The Force are owned by Rugby WA (WARU legally) whose shareholders are the community clubs.
    OK. Even though I'm a Force tragic I don't know the details of the Super rugby license issued by the ARU to RugbyWA. Apart from financial collapse or illegal doings etc can that license be revoked simply at the whim of the ARU? You said "easily revoked"; Is the license for a fixed term?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quins View Post
    Let's get someone from a shite climate that is just happy to BE in Australia. And we all know Perth is the best place in Australia to live, so they will be happy to stay here.
    I've heard it said that Hamilton fits the shit climate criterion pretty well. Some players have also said it's the most boring place to play away. So Joburg must have a fantastic climate and be a better place to live than Perth, by your logic.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Yeah i will be pissed if we end up with someone like Andy Friend...
    That would be a laugh, get someone who was sacked two weeks into the season by our opposition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I've heard it said that Hamilton fits the shit climate criterion pretty well. Some players have also said it's the most boring place to play away. So Joburg must have a fantastic climate and be a better place to live than Perth, by your logic.
    air too thin, can't breathe!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quins View Post
    I actually think it's better NOT to get an Australian. There is always the excuse of having to go back to where they come from.. family reasons.. blah blah.

Agree!! Look at the Dutch guy who's playing like a boss for the Glory this season!!! He's overjoyed to be living here and has been key to their making it all the way to the GF!! West is defo best

vCash
    Agree!! Look at the Dutch guy who's playing like a boss for the Glory this season!!! He's overjoyed to be living here and has been key to their making it all the way to the GF!!
    Bas van den Brink

vCash
    Word is that RG been sacked!!! Phil Blake to be temporary coach. From Manly Sea Eagles??

vCash
    Word is that RG been sacked!!! Phil Blake to be temporary coach. From Manly Sea Eagles??
    Sauses?

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Good result, but I hope we don't have to give him any $$$. Better to keep him on as toilet cleaner rather than pay him out so he can have a nice holiday on us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Sauses?
    This is my sause....

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...-1226334539833

If true, I am a very happy bunny :-))))

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast