Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PSA School rugby Refs

vCash
    welcome aboard Big Bopper, always good to have fellow PSA boys in the ranks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Shaun; 03-08-06 at 19:44.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Re PSA Referees. THe WARURA has had to change it's appointment pattern for PSA games. When I started reffing I would do a PSA 1sts, then head off for a Colts game, then run touch for firsts. We are now limited to one game per week. Unfortunatley the Year 8&9 games are held mid-week which means teams either get students, WARU development officers or any referee who is free. The top ten WA refs are not available mid-week and only get down to PSA during the general bye weekends for the tests.

Paying referees won't make them any better at PSA level. Regardless of thier skills, be thankful they volunteer thier time to you. Alternatively if you think they are that bad why not become one and prove how good you are.

vCash
    Nah, only someone who can't play rugby becomes a ref

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    Someone who gets injured and can`t play at a senior level could become a ref, or someone who feels they are to old to take the beating that your body takes week in and week out. There is the odd rugby fan who becomes a ref, because they feel intimidated by the ferocity of the actual game, and don`t want to play due to this reason.
    And there is also the refs, like myself, who would referee juniors, or PSA in the mornings, then due a lower grade game around lunch, and then would play first grade in the late afternoon.
    so, not everyone who refs can`t play rugby.....

Champion
    vCash
    i wuldnt b talkin about biasist refs... ur ref is shocking and every1 noes it.... how can a knock on by hale.... be a hale penalty???? i love playin skool rugby but also h8 it..... the refs are shocking... against trinity i dunt think he was even quilified plus he was sum of the trinity boys form room teahcers... whres the fairness?? at wesley are ref for game is a student but he is the 2nd best ref in W.a so u cant complain..... u just need to exept that the psa plays under different rules to the wajru... and wheres our numbers on our shirts????

vCash
    PSA referee's are all rugbywa refs and most of them aren't involved with any school. The trinity ref you are referring to (i think) is Ian Hailes, he is one of the top refs in WA.

vCash
    Scotch has 2 refs, one I think was an old boy.. but hes just crap anyway... and the other one is a bloody good ref... the 1st's and 2nds get Rugby WA Refs thou

vCash
    oh yeah i forgot you guys are only young, i meant the senior teams get the rwa refs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pruc
    i wuldnt b talkin about biasist refs... ur ref is shocking and every1 noes it.... how can a knock on by hale.... be a hale penalty???? i love playin skool rugby but also h8 it..... the refs are shocking... against trinity i dunt think he was even quilified plus he was sum of the trinity boys form room teahcers... whres the fairness?? at wesley are ref for game is a student but he is the 2nd best ref in W.a so u cant complain..... u just need to exept that the psa plays under different rules to the wajru... and wheres our numbers on our shirts????
    Is English only optional these days?
    Anyway, there's this marvellous law called advantage - you've probably heard a ref call it out during a game - so, if Hale knock on while they have the advantage, well, they didn't get the advantage so it comes back to the offence he was playing advantage for.
    Just thought I'd help! I was a GGS man myself - and we won the Redmond in my last year. Only bad bit - had to share it with Hale.....

vCash
    good old Hale

vCash
    In Brisbane the referees can't even keep up with the game, its shocking.

Champion
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Ecky]
    Anyway, there's this marvellous law called advantage - you've probably heard a ref call it out during a game - so, if Hale knock on while they have the advantage, well, they didn't get the advantage so it comes back to the offence he was playing advantage for.
    QUOTE]

well they didnt hav advantage.... i asked the ref [im captain] sir wot is the penalty for.... he responded 10m penalty back chat [ he sed i back chatted] and from then on nothing improved. yet somehow we still managed to draw the game

vCash
    Through dirty play....

vCash
    I think the quality of WA referees is actually pretty good compared to the others. I've played rugby in the Eastern States before and they were pretty shocking. And we have produced a couple of international referees, such as Lyndon Bray.

And the only reason why Hale wins is because they buy their players, very much like how Trinity buy football players. You can't say Hale is the best in PSA rugby. Scotch manages to come in second in the cup without giving out scholarships. Apparently, we even rejected some state player from NSW because the headmaster didn't believe in importing players. And we still produce wallabies and state players. C'mon Scotch.

vCash
    Hale on average was the highest finishing school in each years rugby division this year and last year. So yes, we are the best rugby school at the moment. Name one rugby player in the first team Hale has "bought", you won't be able to...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast