Thread: Latham in line to replace injured Huxley

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash

Latham in line to replace injured Huxley

From ABC

Chris Latham looks set to return to the Wallabies line-up sooner than expected with Julian Huxley ruled out of this weekend's Bledisloe Cup decider in New Zealand because of an injury sustained after the Brumbies' post-season dinner.

Huxley has a badly bruised thigh after an incident involving Brumbies team-mate Gene Fairbanks.

No further disciplinary action will be taken over the matter.

Wallabies coach John Connolly says it could mean an early return to international rugby for Latham, who missed the Super 14 season with a knee injury.

"We have a couple of options there and there's a lot of debate as to whether he's (Latham) ready to go back," he said.

"Obviously he's got the class, he is playing (in club rugby), rustiness is the issue.

"So we have a couple of issues but we can either put Adam Ashley-Cooper back or we can play Chris Latham and so we'll probably finalise that tomorrow night."

Connolly said he was annoyed that preparations for Saturday's match had been disrupted.

"We're frustrated that seven days out from arguably one of the biggest games that some of these players have played in, a Bledisloe Cup Tri-Nations decider, that someone stays out late and puts themself in a position to get injured," he said.

So does Shepherd even get a mention? How has he been doing the past couple weeks in club rugby. I didn't get a chance to catch his couple games with Australia A but I heard he struggled a bit, but I would have thought he'd be back up to speed by now. I know Latham is world class at full back but it would be typical that another Force player is left out for someone from the eastern states. The selectors were probably happy to see Shepherd go down so they didn't have to worry about picking him.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I know Latham is world class at full back but it would be typical that another Force player is left out for someone from the eastern states. The selectors were probably happy to see Shepherd go down so they didn't have to worry about picking him.[/QUOTE]

what garbage!! what selectors would be glad to see any player go down, if shep was 100% fit he would of been picked no question asked, i'm not a big fan of huxley he's had a very patchy tri nations (and his game against the welsh ?? less said the better), so its good to see latham back, as for shep being up to speed! he's totally snapped his posterior crucient ligament (see article)http://aru.rugby.com.au/news/article,61389.html as mentioned on another thread not so long ago.

vCash
    just read the article and was just wondering if anyone knows how long till shep's back to 100%??

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Shep is injured unfortunately and has missed a golden opportunit to grab Fullback. Latham is not ready so Ashley hypen to 15 and hopefully Spanner to outside centre. Im happy, as Huxley is average to say the least.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    If John Mitchell was coach it would be a no brainer. Drew Mitchell to 15.

I dunno what happened but Huxley will probably regret it for a long time. Especially if they claim back the TN & Bled cups. I can't see him getting too many more chances in future if all the others are fit.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Small problem here...Connelly aint Mitchell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Hydrangea
    Small problem here...Connelly aint Mitchell
    True TLH. Under normal circumstances I'd agree with Knuckles re Mitchell at 15. But I don't think they should risk Latho to start either. Maybe think about Gerard.

Or even Shifcoske. He's as safe as houses and plenty of experience in big games.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Im happy with Mitchell at fullback, Spanner run on and the Hypen on the bench for cover, if it goes pear shaped for either.

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo

what garbage!! what selectors would be glad to see any player go down, if shep was 100% fit he would of been picked no question asked, i'm not a big fan of huxley he's had a very patchy tri nations (and his game against the welsh ?? less said the better), so its good to see latham back, as for shep being up to speed! he's totally snapped his posterior crucient ligament (see article)http://aru.rugby.com.au/news/article,61389.html as mentioned on another thread not so long ago.

My bad I didn't know that Shepherd had suffered a set back and isn't available for selection.