Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GITS CONFUSED

vCash

GITS CONFUSED

Giteau happy but confused
    By Tim Clarke
    April 03, 2008 WESTERN Force talisman Matt Giteau has reiterated he is happy living and staying in Perth - but has admitted playing there is not proving quite as comfortable.

Giteau and the Force will again try to stamp some authority on their home ground Friday night, when they put last week's capitulation to the Stormers behind them to take on Super 14 champion Bulls at Subiaco Oval.

With the longer term playing future of the Australia star still up in the air, Giteau again reiterated his happiness with Western Australia as talks to keep him with the Force start up again.

However the Force's continued inability to turn Subiaco into a fortress - with four wins in 15 home games their current record - is something Giteau says he is still trying to fathom.

“Last year we lost our first two at home and then we won the rest, bar the last game against the Blues. So hopefully the same thing will happen this year,” Giteau told Fairfax radio.

“It is strange, but I think I have only lost one game wearing that (away) yellow jumper, so I might wear it underneath the blue one.

“(Last week's performance) is a tough one (as) to what to put it down to. Intensity at training was up, everyone seemed to be in a good frame of mind. It could be one of those things where you just put in a terrible performance.”

Giteau's re-signing with the ARU until 2011 last month was not accompanied by a similar signature for the Force, spiking the interest of Australia's other Super 14 clubs and making the 25-year-old the number one recruiting priority for incoming Force chief executive Greg Harris.

But as he has in the past, Giteau said life in Perth was giving him no reason to leave.

“I have started talks again with the Western Force. I love Perth and I love everything the Force have to offer at the moment,” Giteau said.

“What we are building at the club could be something really special for years to come. I am signed here until the end of 2009 and the way I am enjoying playing with the Force I see no reason why I would leave.”

While Giteau has recovered from a hip spike injury to face the reigning champions, Lachlan MacKay has not been so lucky, forced to withdraw with soreness in his troublesome groins.

The subsequent backline reshuffle will see Scott Staniforth move into midfield, Nick Cummins taking his place on the wing, and youngster Dane Haylett-Petty come onto the bench.

Mitchell said shifting Staniforth into his preferred centre position had been considered earlier in the year.

“He's always wanted to go there and he has been fantastic for the team contributing from the wing. At times we have wanted to put him in centre this year, but we have also wanted to put out our most experienced group,” Mitchell said.

Having questioned his players' attitude following the Stormers' debacle, Mitchell said he would not know whether the required change had been affected until game-time.

“There is probably more of an annoyed factor, and clearly attitude was not there last week. So it is a matter of getting our top four inches right,” Mitchell said.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    this article proves the need for a rectangular stadium!

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Yellow Jerseys might be a good idea to

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    They can lend me their yellow jersey's I will wear them on the boys behalf

Sounds all pretty good from Giteau. The title had me worried but Gits sounds like he knows what he is on about.

Great news for Dane!

vCash
    i'll defs have a jersey from one of the players!! dane getting a game well done chappy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    Yellow Jerseys might be a good idea to
    It's the power of Western Australia, the old yellow and black!

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    So Gits likes the idea of a "Sea Of Yellow"

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    I don't wanna be swimming in it!

As for team changes, I think this could be a godsend for the team. Scott is an awesome Centre (Played there as a Wallaby last year) and he'll really starch up the defense in that 10-12 channel, which has been a bit suspect with Lachie and Daruda. Nicky cummins is no mug in defense and certainly has the 'burners to make every post a winner, particularly against the outside men the Bulls are going to throw at him!

Good to see Dane crack a slot as well, Hope he gets a run so I can cheer the first home grown man onto the field

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by force addict View Post
    this article proves the need for a rectangular stadium!
    Ah No. This speech more like it.

>>Speech

Go The Force!

vCash
    Is that legit? He was reading and it sounded a bit like someone was holding him hostage to say that. Where is it from Fullback?

vCash
    Sea of blue, sea of yellow. Makes no difference to me as i have 2 of each anyway

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Is that legit? He was reading and it sounded a bit like someone was holding him hostage to say that. Where is it from Fullback?

Tucked away at RugbyWA
    It was played on the big screens at Subiaco after the last home game (2006?), hence the gaps for cheering.

Go The Force!

vCash
    haaaahahhahaha

vCash
    WE NEED CORNERS....SOON...ASAP....LIKE YESTERDAY.....

GO THE FORCE..!!!

vCash
    Yeap - John Mitchell said strongly that we need Corners - then rugbyWa went quite and seemed to go for the multipurpose stadium - Confused - this is normal for a Western Force Fan - The fans know we need corners - rugbyWa not sure what they actually think

As for the whole contract thing - I'm guessing that there is some clause in the RugbyWa contract that is a problem - Sheps has said more than once he wants to sign - Gitts seems happy here - his girlfriend is here and he has bought a house - Pocock, Hardy,Cross are all under over due contract renewals now - there is something not quite right here - some detail that is stopping them signing - ok this is a guess

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast