Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Force

Perth via Pittsburgh USA via London England
    vCash

New to the Force

I am going to be new to the Perth Area in July, moving from Pittsburgh USA. As a half Aussie myself, I love rugby and the Wallabies and have decided to support the Force and I have a few questions for you kind fans. trying to give myself a crash course on things that I couldn't find for myself.

1. What is the fans nickname for the team?
    2. Do the fans have their own nickname for themselves?
    3. I know the team is in a slump but how is attendance and what is the best part of the stadium to watch a game?
    4. Who is the toughest player on the team? I always a fan of the toughest tackler?
    5. Is beer sold at the stadium?
    6.How's parking or do most travel via train to the games?
    7. Is there a good family atmosphere to take my young kids to the games?
    8. I noticed most players are on 1-2 year deals is this normal practice or longer term deals reserved for stars?
    9. I know this is a tough one but why are the force not doing well, coaching, ownership, players, money?
    10. What is the best source of Force news speculation ect? Outside of this forum of course

I thank you all in advance and go force or however you guys chant for the team lol

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    You can scratch my back with a hacksaw!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Firstly welcome to TWF, I'm sure you will enjoy these parts.

My personal opinion/comments below

Quote Originally Posted by Santwyk View Post
    1. What is the fans nickname for the team? The Force!
    2. Do the fans have their own nickname for themselves? Us that travel to away games The InnFORCEers
    3. I know the team is in a slump but how is attendance and what is the best part of the stadium to watch a game? Pretty much anywhere unless it's pissing down!
    4. Who is the toughest player on the team? I always a fan of the toughest tackler? Bam Bam
    5. Is beer sold at the stadium? Light beer only (low alcohol)
    6.How's parking or do most travel via train to the games? A few of us have a regular bus, train is also good, parking cam be difficult
    7. Is there a good family atmosphere to take my young kids to the games? There is family stand at one end of ground especially for this, but genrally we are well behaved all around the ground.
    8. I noticed most players are on 1-2 year deals is this normal practice or longer term deals reserved for stars? Pretty standard these days
    9. I know this is a tough one but why are the force not doing well, coaching, ownership, players, money? Not enough time/space to answer this now, check out the rest of the site and you will get plenty of opinions
    10. What is the best source of Force news speculation ect? Outside of this forum of course This is it!

I thank you all in advance and go force or however you guys chant for the team lol

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    not an Alcoan are you?

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santwyk View Post
    2. Do the fans have their own nickname for themselves? Sea of Blue
    3. I know the team is in a slump but how is attendance and what is the best part of the stadium to watch a game? Attendance about 13000, very supportive and erupts when given chance
    4. Who is the toughest player on the team? I always a fan of the toughest tackler? Hodgson
    5. Is beer sold at the stadium? Swill cannot be classified as beer, everyone goes to pubs before and after, JBs, Oxford, Brissy to name a few
    7. Is there a good family atmosphere to take my young kids to the games? Well behaved crowd until play against Chiefs then kiwi mungos and bogans come out of the woodwork
    8. I noticed most players are on 1-2 year deals is this normal practice or longer term deals reserved for stars? We should use 3 year contracts to make a more stable environment to help build a team culture
    9. I know this is a tough one but why are the force not doing well, coaching, ownership, players, money? You got it
    10. What is the best source of Force news speculation ect? Outside of this forum of course Not eastern states rags
    Here are some extra bits

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Hi and welcome Santwyk :-)))

As well as the InnForcers, we fans are also generically referred to as "the sea of blue" - because we all wear our replica Force jerseys to games thus making the stands look like a sea of blue :-))

Last edited by PerthChicka; 07-06-12 at 11:10. Reason: Spelling!!

vCash
    innforcer I thank you for your answers.

Happy what is a Alcoan? I am going to assume it's a company to do with the mining in the area. I have nothing to do with the mines or any American business. I am moving to be with family and let me kids grow up in the best country in the World. Don't get me wrong I love America having been here for 9 years, but there is nothing like Australia. Plus my daughter wants to be a marine biologist (this weeks lol) when she grows up so what better place to live.

I am hoping my support will bring some luck a good coach a good number 9 and 12 for the team in 2013.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthChicka View Post

As well as the InnForcers, we fans are also generically referred to as "the sea of blue" - because we all wear our replica Force jerseys to games thus making the stands look like a sea of blue :-))
    speaking of InnFORCEer's tours .. when is your tour cherry going to pop??

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Sea of Blue is interesting, thought it might be the Swans. Find it interesting that Gold and black is not the main colors due to the state colors.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    marketability essentially

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthChicka View Post

Replica? Sounds like something you put on a little stand on the mantelpiece. I wish I had of thought of that, I would have paid for my jerseys with replica money!

But rest assured santwyk, we fans are the real thing, not replicas and we are still brimming with p a s s i o n!
    (perhaps some more than others )

Last edited by normie; 07-06-12 at 17:01.

vCash
    Coming from Pittsburgh where the town colors is black and gold and all the teams wear those colors and marketing wise they are some of the biggest selling merchandise in all sports. Don't the force use black and gold in other events?

vCash
    7. Is there a good family atmosphere to take my young kids to the games? Well behaved crowd until play against Chiefs then kiwi mungos and bogans come out of the woodwork

Agreed, avoid Kiwi games unless you want your kids yelling the F & C words at you for the rest of your life

Champion
    vCash
    Hey Santwyk, y'all should find a club near your home or place of work and get involved. The club scene is the way to get involved with Rugby at grassroots, great bunch of people to network with and every club is always looking for hand up instead of out.

vCash
    The Chiefs are the only bad reputation team fan wise from NZ and SA?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Hey Santwyk, y'all should find a club near your home or place of work and get involved. The club scene is the way to get involved with Rugby at grassroots, great bunch of people to network with and every club is always looking for hand up instead of out.
    Just stay away from nedlands

Jokes their ok

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast