Thread: Palmyra Finals Coup Set to Move the Competition

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Palmyra Finals Coup Set to Move the Competition

After last year's restructuring of the local competition rules, Palmyra has been quick off the blocks to ensure its success this year.

Palmyra's President Kim Short announced tonight after training that three key signings have been secured by the club for this year's finals should Palmyra make the cut.

The Cardiff Blues have agreed to release the services of Wales and British Lions centre Jamie Roberts and the Sale Sharks have released English prop Andrew Sheridan to Palmyra to play for the club between the 1st August and the 30th September 2010, should the club be eligible for the finals series.

It will not come cheaply; the deal, organised through the connections of Palmyra's former first grade coach, Englishman Dave Ball, involves a 5000 pound stirling payment to each club, fares and accommodation for the players, and a match fee for each game of $2000.

But the cream of the coup has been securing the services of recently retired Wallabies flanker George Smith, who has agreed to play for the club for an undisclosed match fee, provided it does not clash with his commitments to his new European club in 2010, contractual arrangements with which have not as yet been finalised.

Palmyra has concentrated on Northern Hemisphere signings as the local season is unlikely to coincide with their own European club and representative seasons.

With the new RugbyWA policy in place, permitting non playing but registered players to participate in finals, Palmyra has stolen a march on other local clubs, and feels that provided it can make it to the final four, it will have every chance of taking out the big one this year.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    well,I can l let you know Neddies have nabbed Richie McCaw plus another two internationals whose names I cant disclose
    planning for this started the day after the new rules were instigated for last years finals

vCash
    Funny you bring this up fulvio because after last year's restructuring of the local competition rules, Kalamunda has been quick off the blocks to ensure its success this year.

Kalamunda's President Armon Tamsarion announced tonight after training that three key signings have been secured by the club for this year's finals should Kalmunda make the cut.

The Cardiff Blues have agreed to release the services of Wales and British Lions centre Jamie Roberts and the Sale Sharks have released English prop Andrew Sheridan to Kalamunda to play for the club between the 1st August and the 30th September 2010, should the club be eligible for the finals series.

It will not come cheaply; the deal, organised through the connections of Kalamundas former first grade coach, Englishman Joey Joe Joe jnr jabur, involves a 5000 pound stirling payment to each club, fares and accommodation for the players, and a match fee for each game of $2000.

But the cream of the coup has been securing the services of recently retired Wallabies flanker George Smith, who has agreed to play for the club for an undisclosed match fee, provided it does not clash with his commitments to his new European club in 2010, contractual arrangements with which have not as yet been finalised.

Kalmunda has concentrated on Northern Hemisphere signings as the local season is unlikely to coincide with their own European club and representative seasons.

With the new RugbyWA policy in place, permitting non playing but registered players to participate in finals, Kalamunda has stolen a march on other local clubs, and feels that provided it can make it to the final four, it will have every chance of taking out the big one this year.

I think we've been played.

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Action Hardcore View Post
    I think we've been played.
    Ya think so?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    In other Kalamunda news, the services of former Western Force prop AJ Whalley have been secured for the finals series. All it took was 3 hamburgers and a bottle of tequila

GRAB YOUR MATE!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Geez,you should pick up Dunning for a couple of krispy kremes

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    You see, Pieter, I spill my guts and all they do is take the piss.

No wonder I've cut down on making worthwhile contributions to this site.

vCash
    Come at me bro

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    You see, Pieter, I spill my guts and all they do is take the piss.

No wonder I've cut down on making worthwhile contributions to this site.
    I thought I'd detected an increase in worthwhile comment from you Fulv!

C'mon the