Thread: RugbyWA Investigation Into Player Altercation

vCash

RugbyWA Investigation Into Player Altercation

RugbyWA is investigating an incident that occurred last Sunday involving Emirates Western Force players Matt Henjak and Haig Sare.

The matter is being progressed as quickly as possible, and as soon as the investigation is complete the matter WILL be referred to the Serious Misconduct Tribunal.

As the investigation is not complete, it has not been possible to convene the Serious Misconduct Tribunal before the team’s departure for South Africa today.

In particular, it will be some days before Haig Sare is available to be interviewed regarding the incident.

Accordingly, it has been decided that Matt Henjak will be permitted to travel with the team.

However, it should be emphasised that the Tribunal will progress as soon as the investigation is complete, and this will happen whilst the team is in South Africa.

Any disciplinary actions determined by the Tribunal will not be compromised by the fact that the team is in South Africa.

RugbyWA must ensure that due process and natural justice is afforded to the players involved, while recognising that the players’ responsibilities to the team, the brand, the members and all other stakeholders is paramount.

Further details regarding the Tribunal will be advised in due course.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    You can't really ask for anymore. I bet Mitch can't believe it though.....what a pair of dills!

Just happy to be here

vCash
    I'm pretty happy that this will be handled properly. I wouldn't have been surprised if Henners had been pulled from the tour until the inquiry was convened, but there are precedents that have held up in other sports (Harbajan!) to justify that decision so..... I'm interested by the Highlight that this WILL be sent to the serious incidents tribunal....that signals an intent to cut out the alcohol abuse that seems to be an issue in the team.

Before anyone goes on about me being a wowser, I don't have any problem with anyone having a beer...as long as you don't get so pissed you start throwing Quokkas or teammates around!

What is the minimum sanction the serious misconduct tribunal can apply to a guilty party?

C'mon the