Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: There is still hope

vCash

There is still hope

I was told tonight that the guys arrived at the club today still feeling sad but that the bond is still there and that the guys did not drift apart after the Chiefs loss. They are all committed and ready to give it their all next week. David Hill's name was mentioned and big things will be expected from him.
    All in all it looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Chin up old boy

Now in my moleskin trousers and my Williams boots
    Aboard an outlaw as he leaves the chutes
    In my goose neck spurs I rake their fiery hide
    And the girls all shouting around the ringside
    Oh he's the Fulla from Cunnamulla
    Yeah he's the Cunnamulla Fulla

vCash
    Of course there is still hope, I honestly expect the force to put 50 on the reds next week with Hill running the show and spanners scoring tries allover the shop.

vCash
    I'm sticking with my prediction - mid table finish. But likely to be in the lower mid table now.
    Only a supreme optimist would have penciled in a definite win against the three teams we've played. They have not been towelled up despite the injury toll, though they have faded in the last 10 mins. Depth is the problem there. Steady as she goes.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I'll be happy with a narrow win against the Reds and the Tahs......It doesn't look definite for either ATM, but we've still got players returning from injury and Hill adds a bit of X factor.

I just hope we don't drop our effort against the lesser teams like the Cheetahs and the Lions (maybe even the Highlanders) each one of them has shown an annoying ability to take advantage of a team that's 5% off it's game!

C'mon the

vCash
    PIETER

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Action Hardcore View Post
    PIETER
    that is my name

Player
    vCash
    Bloody hell, Reds just rolled the Chiefs in Hamilton, this could be tough next weekend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by farva View Post
    Bloody hell, Reds just rolled the Chiefs in Hamilton, this could be tough next weekend
    I don't think it's possible that our forwards could play as badly as the chiefs did tonight.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by farva View Post
    Maybe but when was the last time the Reds backed up an awesome performance with an awesome performance? Couldn't beat the Blues at home. Hmmm.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Maybe but when was the last time the Reds backed up an awesome performance with an awesome performance?
    I was toying with the idea of tipping the them. I remember thinking it might be a good result for us - maybe a bit complacent next Sunday. Van Humphries clearly doesn't agree after his outburst in the post game huddle.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Rookie
    vCash
    On paper the Reds will have it over the Force but the game is played on grass.

The Reds players have better form than the Force guys in a majority of positions; so the Force will have to win it in the top few inches.

The Reds clocked off in the last 15 minutes against the Tahs and the first 15 minutes against the Chiefs. They also went missing for about half an hour against the Blues.

If the Force play the concentration, poise and patience game for most of the game they will beat the Reds on the record of those 3 games I mentioned. That includes playing the percentages better too.

However if the Reds play like they did against the Crusaders they will should win well.

Is was not long ago that the Force beat the Reds comfortably. Sure it was only a trial, and sure it was at home, but if the players hark back to what they did then they have a chance.

vCash
    hey Lee,
    I'm missing the essay-like match and player reports. Can you copy your posts at TYS and paste them in here. It's better than "The Australian". We're a bit starved of factual rugby journalism over here. Between Quokka-gate and the Giteau melodrama, there isn't a lot of rugby discussion. (serious request). I'm banned at TYS old boy.

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Grant View Post
    On paper the Reds will have it over the Force but the game is played on grass.

The Reds players have better form than the Force guys in a majority of positions; so the Force will have to win it in the top few inches.

The Reds clocked off in the last 15 minutes against the Tahs and the first 15 minutes against the Chiefs. They also went missing for about half an hour against the Blues.

If the Force play the concentration, poise and patience game for most of the game they will beat the Reds on the record of those 3 games I mentioned. That includes playing the percentages better too.

However if the Reds play like they did against the Crusaders they will should win well.

Is was not long ago that the Force beat the Reds comfortably. Sure it was only a trial, and sure it was at home, but if the players hark back to what they did then they have a chance.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you Lee. The Reds haven't won their games with superior manpower, in fact they've gone in as massive underdogs to every game (OK the last one was because the Chiefs were white hot in the leadup) They have pretty much built their season on heart and luck with a healthy dose of endeavour tipping the balance in their favour.

The Force probably come close to the same potential, with the obvious differences being the FOrce forwards (Even without Brownie and Bam they have the edge on paper) and the Qld backs (nothing current in the Force matches up effectively) we can't cover every back with Rabbit, so there's going to be holes for them to run through if they get much ball.

I expect Qld to be as well coached against us as they were against the Chiefs, they'll play a game diametrically opposed to their last one. They'll feed it wide at every opportunity and look to free the backs from the first touch. Force pigs need to block up the ruck and disrupt everything with an agressive push or counterruck so Genia can't get the ball out.

It'll be down to who plays the game plan for longest and at this point the Reds have the runs on the board there. It'll really depend how five sessions of Mitch beating the game plan into them is played out on Sunday.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Actually, I'd disagree. I think there has been a pretty significant difference between what the Reds did last week (and Cheetahs/Stormers) and what the Force has been doing.

There is no question about the desire and application - the lads have been giving it heaps. But while the game plan remains "play in the other half", there is still a vast difference between a) work like trojans to get the ball, then put the opposition on defense, then work hard some more to try and keep them there (the defensive version, as played by the Force), and b) deny them the ball, drive them back, make them defend, and defend, then defend some more until something gives (the attacking version, as played by the others). One is working, the other isn't. As it stands, every time we build some pressure it is either released by error or by a penalty, which we immediately take and go back on defense. We never build the sustained pressure that causes teams to start to fracture, the way the Chiefs and Hurricanes did last week. We give them all a chance to regather and take a deep breath, and with that time and space the better team on paper will tend to come out on top.

Actually, truth is that we never have - even when we get in front, we have generally let the pressure off and the opposition back in. In a parallel universe somewhere there is a Super 14 where the Force has played every match like they did with an injury mutilated team against the Crusaders in 2006 - I wonder what their record looks like after four years?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast