Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mitchell faces player revolt

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Mitchell faces player revolt

Mitchell faces player revolt

David Long, Sunday News | September 7, 2008 - 9:14AM

Former All Blacks coach John Mitchell has been hit by a Wallabies player revolt.
    Mitchell - sacked by the NZRU after the 2003 World Cup - is set to lose at least two key Australian internationals from his Western Force Super 14 side.

And for inspirational first-five Matt Giteau, the crisis over his playing future couldn't have come at a worse time.

Giteau should be focusing on Saturday's Tri-Nations showdown against the All Blacks in Brisbane and his battle with opposite number Dan Carter.

But he will now be forced to answer questions about his bust-up with Mitchell and pending return to the Brumbies.

A Force source has confirmed Giteau is one of a number of players at the Perth-based franchise who have become sick of Mitchell's ways.

Dropped Wallaby lock Nathan Sharpe is another set to end his ties with the franchise.

Both are desperate to escape Mitchell, who Sunday News understands has lost the ear and respect of some Force players.

Giteau doesn't agree with Mitchell's coaching style or the way he handles the players.

"Giteau hates Mitchell,'' the source said.

"He wants out of the Force and wants to head back to the Brumbies or go to the Waratahs.

"There's quite an anti-Mitchell sentiment among some of the players, they're sick of him.

"Mitchell talks it up very well and he impresses people when he meets them but then he starts his (mind) games and that tends to put people off.

"The longer he's at an organisation, the more bad sentiments come towards him.
    "It's got to the point now where some players don't even listen to him."

Mitchell missed out on continuing with the All Blacks after his side lost in the semifinals of the 2003 World Cup.

NZRU officials had become concerned with his reluctance to co-operate with team sponsors.

And his former team manager Andrew Martin accused Mitchell of overseeing a drinking culture within the All Blacks on the 2001 tour to Europe and Argentina.

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/s...725819972.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Nathan Sharpe AND Giteau!? this is not good. keep the players, new coach.

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    theres nothing new in this, in regards to mitchells coaching manners towards the players.........

vCash
    Good God !

So this week Greg Harris faces:
    Demolition Plans for RugbyWA
    No new AK reserve
    Player Revolt
    A new Government to deal with - could be either at this stage
    The negotiations for a new Hooker, Prop
    Us lot banging on about a new Stadium
    and...

Player Revolt by the two biggest stars in the team

Jeez here was I looking forward to Thursday's book on the Bledisloe gonna be a busy week

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    There's a utility bench player for Giteau at the Tahs, Sharpe can go back to the Reds..

vCash
    david long's tomato sauce doesnt make an impression on me. hasnt giteau been in articles where he says he loves perth, he wants to stay, he loves the way the force is run, the rugby community and just WESTERN AUSTRALIA!
    this article is a piece of cr*p
    and if nathan sharpe didnt like the force then WHY did he sign a contract during one of the last games of the season saying he will stay until 2011???

quiet week for rugby, but that doesnt mean journalists need to regurgitate the same old dog poo over and over again!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    When your head gets to big for your shoulders then normally you look for someone to blame for your Top heaviness

just my 2 cents worth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by force addict View Post
    Nathan Sharpe AND Giteau!? this is not good. keep the players, new coach.
    Are you kidding me? Jesus Christ, show some loyalty.

This article CLEARLY lost its credibility when it claimed Giteau would move to the Tahs. Why would you possibly degrade yourself to that level? That's like choosing to play for the Springboks instead of New Zealand or Australia, never going to happen.

Simple paper talk, why the hell would a Force source consider talking to the SMH, they've simple gone from unknown source to Force source to try to give it credibility. Once there are quotes then you can listen.

vCash
    I think its utter rubbish.
    My sources tell me otherwise that Gits is loving it here and Sharpe wants to finish his playing career with the force.
    Mitchell is one of THE most respected coaches in the Super 14, and one of the reasons for Gits and so many other players choosing to move West to the force. I know for a fact, that JOC's reason for staying was to play under Mitchell, even tho the red offered him significantly more cash. And same with Bambam, who stayed because of Mitchell as well.
    So i think its a load of bullcrap thats been said here.

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    A confidential source from deep within the Waratahs revealled to me today that the squad is already deeply divided over the appointment of Michael Foley as an assistant coach. They revealled that team members who are not national team members feel thay won't get a fair opportunity because of the depth of the relationship Foley has developed with the Wallabies forwards.

Look at that, my word processor doesn't have a truth edit function either.

vCash
    my sauces told me today that gits has signed with us!!! rumours flying round his office bout matt signing. he could just be winding me up... but even he wouldnt mess with me bout this kinda thing!!!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    My sources tell me its time to get another beer (PS. Happy Father's Day).

vCash
    If they're going to spread rumours, they could have at least come up with a new one!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    If they're going to spread rumours, they could have at least come up with a new one!
    I believe SMH have only just finished using the rumour that the millenium bug was going to create havoc for everyone in 2000.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    and if nathan sharpe didnt like the force then WHY did he sign a contract during one of the last games of the season saying he will stay until 2011???
    Good question. It doesn't really make sense this year we had 100% retention of the players the Force wanted to keep and the only player who has ever really left is Digby and apparently he wants to come back anyway. That spells a happy team/environment. Although sometimes the SMH can get these things right and it would probably be a bad idea to write it off completely.

David Long? David Round? Hmmm? Anybody?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast