Thread: Force's Brown won't be risked against Crusaders

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Force's Brown won't be risked against Crusaders

Force's Brown won't be risked against Crusaders
    • Tim Clarke
    • March 10, 2009 - 7:36AM
    A planned SOS to injured Western Force backrower Richard Brown has been recalled, with team bosses deciding against risking the Wallaby in the critical Super 14 clash with the Crusaders this weekend.

Such was the concern after the Force slumped to a error-riddled defeat to the previously winless Chiefs in round four, coach John Mitchell was considering calling Brown to New Zealand after he suffered a shoulder injury in the upset win over the Brumbies.

But after checking with Brown how the AC injury was progressing it was decided not to risk the popular Wallaby - preferring to ensure his fitness for the three home matches to follow the current New Zealand tour.

That decision was most likely made easier by the news that Crusaders and All Black captain Richie McCaw will miss this week, and possibly up to six matches, after straining a knee ligament.

And more good news was that hooker Tai McIsaac has recovered from the slight concussion suffered in the Chiefs' reverse, and trained with the squad yesterday

.adSpot-textBox {clear:both;background:#fff;margin:0;padding:0;bor der:none;width:420px;float:right;} .adSpot-textBox h5 {background-color:#ffff;border:1px solid #ffff;color:#A1A1A1;font-size:9px;margin:0;padding:0}

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    A good choice. Who would want to rush Brown back to quickly and possibility finish his season early and write off his Wallabies selection.

Last edited by Fullback; 10-03-09 at 21:10.
    Go The Force!

vCash
    I don't think we will need Brown too badly for this match. I'd rather give him another week of rest and give him the rest of the season to shine, then have him play this game still not 100%.

With Richie McCaw out, and the possibility of like other superstars out, our current loosies shld be fine.
    Though I hope we can switch Matt Hogson to 6, keep Pocock at 7 and put Tamaiti Horua at 8. I think Horua will be a great runner at 8 off the scrum, while Matt Hogson would still be as useful at 6.

The way the crusaders played last week, all the force need to do is cut off Slade at 10 and it should be alright. Our forward pack would have to step up and work better at the breakdowns and not turn the ball over so easily. Our backs need to just keep ball in hand and play what's in front of them. The Crusaders are not the same team anymore, especially with McCaw, McDonald, Laulala, Payne out. We still have to keep an eye out for Slade, Brett and Thorn who'd still be a big threat.
    But if we can just keep the ball in hand, have the forwards work a bit harder at the breakdown, and hope our backs have a good day, we shld be looking at our first win over the crusaders...

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Thorn and Brett are supposedly still struggling a bit with injuries themselves.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    IT would be highly irresponsible to rush Brown back just because the Force sees a depleted Crusaders squad in front. A decision like that could put Brown out for sometime at his disadvantage.

Let the team stand up and do it with out him he needs a few weeks recovery and possibly an operation to fix the shoulder….He will be back better than ever…

vCash
    Good call muddy, I'd get that operation done quick smart so he can complete his rehab by next week!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Brownie is back in the gym and doing well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Good call muddy, I'd get that operation done quick smart so he can complete his rehab by next week!
    well if he needs an op it would be a weeee bit longer but no point wrecking the kid for short term again hay Dr GIGS....

vCash
    Any week he's not playing is a loss for us.

He is one of the best pick ups for the Force. A genuine forward, not a posing pretty boy who wants big bucks.

Had a chat with him in Subi a few weeks back just walking down the street. A genuine nice person who hasn't let the game go to his head.

He is without doubt my favourite force player, followed by Bam Bam.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Any week he's not playing is a loss for us.

He is one of the best pick ups for the Force. A genuine forward, not a posing pretty boy who wants big bucks.

Had a chat with him in Subi a few weeks back just walking down the street. A genuine nice person who hasn't let the game go to his head.

He is without doubt my favourite force player, followed by Bam Bam.
    he is one of the most down to earth guys i have ever met.

good choice, he is also my fave. couldnt think of anyone better to represent WA and Australia in rugby.

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force