Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Foley aware of Super challenge

Champion
    vCash

Foley aware of Super challenge

In the past two Super Rugby seasons, teams needed at least 10 wins to have any chance of making the finals series - and even then there was no guarantee.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...per-challenge/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    3 years for 10 wins I know I have only followed the force from the UK and seen the odd game on Sky sports but tell me how bad where we or how far off the pace are we currently that Foley thinks it will take 3 years for us to be successful!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
    3 years for 10 wins I know I have only followed the force from the UK and seen the odd game on Sky sports but tell me how bad where we or how far off the pace are we currently that Foley thinks it will take 3 years for us to be successful!
    The guys on here will be able to fill you in better than me but suffice to say that the 2011 and 2012 seasons were diabolically bad. Last season so bad in fact that they have had a complete clear out and a total revamp over the off season. We are pretty much starting from scratch again.

The head coach in 2011 and 2012 did a lot of harm to the club. A lot of people are very glad he has gone - none more so than me! He is now assistant coach under Ewan McKenzie at the Reds.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I like what Foley is saying.I think he can get the best out of our squad, and hopefully if we can have a good year on the injury front we will cause 1 or 2 upsets

vCash
    Last year (2012) was as bad as it sounds. Richard Graham couldn't coach a 6 week old puppy to shit on a carpet. Recruitment by Graham and former manager Mitch Hardy was directionless and tunnel visioned. At times we were just horrible to watch. Our attack was inept. We barely played any cohesive attacking rugby except for the win v reds early on. Defensively we were atrocious, continually exposed in midfield and out wide. As always our forwards were respectable but Graham had no idea how to make use of their good work except trying to pick and drive which is U/12s level tactics. Worst of all, it was almost a dirty word to be a Force supporter.
    The change was needed, the change has happened and now we await the results.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Senior Player
    vCash
    Well my heart goes out to the sea of blue who have had to put up with sub par performances and looking over some of the past players for this great club dirty little mercenaries who just wanted a big pay day for various reasons.

Onwards and upwards I truly hope that the new Chairman CEO or what ever he is takes a long term view with Foley and Co and we can build the EWF into a force in australian/southern hemisphere rugby

vCash
    There is defiantly a more up beat feel already this year. Nobody is expecting to much from the guys this year and you never know that might take all the pressure of and we may just get a few results that will surprise my bookie for a change.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    The club is on the way up since the super dribbler Richard Graham left and his diabolically bad assistants were booted.

Some good recruiting

New management

New coach

New attitude

New season

home final

dead set

Controversy corner

Rookie
    vCash
    Well my heart goes out to the sea of blue who have had to put up with sub par performances
    May that sea become a raging torrent in 2013 as the team grows in confidence. We have held out for 7 years and will keep on doing so.

Jambooi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    Last year (2012) was as bad as it sounds.
    Wish I could both praise and emote NTT an eloquent and accurate treatise on the malaise of our team!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    The club is on the way up since the super dribbler Richard Graham left and his diabolically bad assistants were booted.
    Stiles still coaching the forwards Rexy, how do you feel about that!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Pretty sure he can answer for himself. But, Rex said the diabolically bad assts. Nick Stiles did an awesome job and our forwards are top notch. But you already know that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Pretty sure he can answer for himself. But, Rex said the diabolically bad assts. Nick Stiles did an awesome job and our forwards are top notch. But you already know that.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    ishing Shasta, Rexy had nothing but vitriol for Stiles a year or two ago.......

C'mon the

vCash
    ishing Shasta, Rexy had nothing but vitriol for Stiles a year or two ago.......
    Yup. Got that. But jis logic says if a guy was a dud defender/scrummager/kicker then he will be the same as a coach of said skill.
    Good news is; by that logic Michael Foley should be a gun.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Hey Gigs and folks out there
    The Ewf forwards are the best in the comp as they played 80 mins of chasing their tails scrummaging for the ball for some idiot back to boot it away then it all started again ...Made them super fit and conditioned ... Now that the backs can show some running rugby the forwards might get a break and be even better.. than the excellent they were .... Nick stiles did the best job /......

All it will take is for the No10 to get it wide and trust the man out side of him and the game will flow and we will see the 15 man game

The hunger for the wide ball has been shown in the preseason so lets use it

I sat next to a good mate of Sam Christie on Friday night and every time he kicked I cused him till this guy asked why and I said that all we saw last yr forwards working then a kick ... I told him to tell Christie the fans want to see it wide... We are sick of the kick ball...

Then the next time he kicked it Jnr R scored off the kick Oh well I had to eat humble pie a bit...

There is a time and a place and that worked

Last edited by Tonkar; 10-02-13 at 12:26.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast