Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rocko no more????

vCash

Rocko no more????

Interesting communication from the Rockingham Club today.

Greeting All,
    First up as the clubs secretary I wish to apologise to any members that I have upset in the release of the AGM details. I should have included within the letter the reason why the AGM is being brought forward away from the traditional times in October and I had believed the letter had been released in early August when in a committee meeting it was first discussed to bring it forward. Having the club secretary at sea for the last three months is not a excuse but it does not help (I also admit I am not the best Secretary).

I hope now to make the reasons why it is being brought forward clearer to all of you.

I am sure you are all aware of the challenges faced by the senior grades this year, in the decision by RugbyWA and the community board to force a split in the grade teams for Rockingham into two differing divisions on the basis that Rockingham was not meeting its requirement to remain in Premier Grade.

The current committee argued hard on the basis that club had improved in so many areas financially, its juniors and its on field senior team performance that RugbyWA needed to be supportive not destructive to our endeavours. Unfortunately we were not given that opportunity and noting the hard work, personal time and their own financial contributions committee members had put in they have taken the lack of support from RugbyWA as a personal insult.

I personally admire the stance that many of the members of the committee are taking in the disrespect that was shown to the club by no longer wishing to continue their association with RugbyWA and hence no longer being capable of being a committee member. They have however agreed to not walk out of the club until the final siren is called on a Rocky playing team for 2013, which is this weekend when three of our junior sides play off in 4 of the Gold finals.

The end result is without several members of the committee no longer wishing to serve after Saturday and with myself having to return to sea again shortly, there will be no one effectively in charge. Hence this AGM was brought forward to elect a new committee and hopefully gain the necessary momentum required for 2014.

Notwithstanding the treatment of Rockingham by RugbyWA, the club itself did achieve so much this year, and I personally believe with the right support from everyone we can continue building on 2013 outcomes.

We do know that RugbyWA has a draft formatted change to the competition for seniors that includes Rockingham in Premiership, and a change for all clubs in the lower grades. The decisions required for Rockingham need to start being made now and we need to be at the table with RugbyWA and currently we are not. We have had groups outside of the committee working on the issues for the club next year and for that plan to be put in place it needs a committee to give it the scrutiny and authority to be implemented. It is also important for the retention of players and coaches that we provide some confidence that we have a strong administration as early as possible.

I do ask that we don’t take a negative approach to this. It’s a challenge that does not need to be made harder if we turn on ourselves. Please come down and support our junior teams in their Grand Finals on Saturday (Curtin Uni commencing 0900 with the mighty U13s), and come down and AGM next Saturday.

Yours in Rugby

-------------------

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Did'nt take them long

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    didn't

vCash
    Few players looking for petrol money next year?

Player
    vCash
    Fuck off broken dickhead

vCash
    charming as usual,chertubler

vCash
    BDG, just to try to show I am not a complete prick, regarding earlier claims in another thread, after checking all the information I have regarding Nedlands Colts inclusion.
    I cannot find anywhere where Nedlands did not field a Clots team unless I go back to 1993.
    Therefore, I accept that my claim was incorrect, retract it, and I offer my unreserved apology to you, Hansie and the Nedlands Club.
    Occasionally I do f--k up but I am happy to wear it and all the crap i am about to receive.

Hope you didn't get too pissed on that wine waiting for my reply.

Cheers.

Player
    vCash
    You really are a knob can't help yourself can you

vCash
    You callin' me a knob Tubbles????? lol

Player
    vCash
    No bunter would never say that to a member of the pygmy front row.
    Think a few committee members have just found out how much hard work is involved in running a club, I just hope there is enough true club members to get things back on track

vCash
    no worries bunter,but please realise the Nedlands colts actually won the premiership in 1993!
    just get a little irritated when claims are put out there which are not correct
    I admire your support of your club & can understand if passion sometimes leads to claims that are not quite accurate
    please note that even though i am a supporter of one of the so called "inner circle" clubs,no one I know wants Rocky to lose their premiership club status
    ps,re the wine,I did!

vCash
    Good on ya mate. I stand corrected on that too.
    This pie tastes like shit! lol

Champion
    vCash
    =brokendown gunfighter,no one I know wants Rocky to lose their premiership club status
    !
    Never been a truer word written. hang in there Rocky. Perth rugby needs you

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 07-09-13 at 08:55. Reason: qoutes
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Rocky will fight on like they always do great bunch of supporters great club

vCash
    Notwithstanding the treatment of Rockingham by RugbyWA
    I'm usually the first one to have a go at RugbyWA, but in regards to Rockinghams 2nd & 3rd grade teams being 'demoted' , they did the right thing. They were often non competitive and/or forfeiting games. We traveled down to bum-fück-Idaho a while back to play them, 4th grade & 3rd grade played, then we ran out for the 2nd grade game only to be told they had no players and there was no game... whatever happened to other grades backing up? But then I think RugbyWA are partially culpable for these clüster-fücks by enforcing clubs, irrespective of player strength, to have teams in grades 1, 2 & 3. It's not realistic. There has to be some restructuring to allow clubs to have a team in 1st grade, for instance, but if they don't have a competitive team for 2nd grade, permit them to have only 1st & 3rd grade teams.

Last edited by zed; 07-09-13 at 07:41.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast