Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What does JOC think now that Barnes has dain bramage?

vCash

What does JOC think now that Barnes has dain bramage?

Trying to keep it force related, but looks like Barnsey might have some dramas, poor kid.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...524-1f2jl.html

Its not in my nature to laugh at unfortunate injury, but I will admit this bit made me crack up...

"Waratahs team doctor Sharron Flahive said that Barnes sustained a minor knock to the back of the head while playing against the Lions, suffered a delayed reaction of dizziness, and then had such a heavy loss of memory that he could not remember what year it was, which week of the season he was in, or if he had played for the Waratahs last year."

Hahaha, thats because he didn't! (well he showed up at training and games kind of)

Get better soon son.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    It's now linked to dementia and motor neuron disease.
    Ask Mohammed Ali about his Parkinsons.

Footballers need plenty of coin. Live fast, die young and have a good looking corpse

Has anybody bumped into Elton Flatley lately. He could hardly put a sentence together when he was 20. How is he travelling 15 years later?

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post

Footballers need plenty of coin. Live fast, die young and have a good looking corpse

Poor lad at least he can now blame the Transient Global Amnesia for forgetting what to do with the ball.

PS, How would you treat that, say, I don't know, in a Horse?

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    Equine medicine is easy. I got a high distinction.

You shoot it

Controversy corner

Champion
    vCash
    In view of the diagnosis of Joost V W. with motor neuron disease it's not really a laughing matter for Barnes!

vCash
    Equine medicine is easy. I got a high distinction.

You shoot it
    Gee, I didn't see that coming...

Probably charge $600 for the bullet too I'd imagine.

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash

Has anybody bumped into Elton Flatley lately. He could hardly put a sentence together when he was 20. How is he travelling 15 years later?
    Saw the program about that link (4 Corners if anyone's interested - http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/conte...1/s3221310.htm). Serial unfortunates like Barnes have a lot to ponder.

The most serious matter it raised was the postmortem examination of the unfortunate college athlete who had suicided. He had advanced symptoms despite never having been seriously concussed. Continuous lesser "hits" seem to be cumulative and may also lead to depression and suicide.

The first thing the Yanks should do is outlaw rigid helmets. They are more a weapon than a defense these days. With appropriate rule changes they would be no more needed than in Rugby.

Sadly Rugby and RL may need to rethink a part of both games that we all love - the collision.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    In view of the diagnosis of Joost V W. with motor neuron disease it's not really a laughing matter for Barnes!
    Nah, he'll be fine. I'm sure his team mates will be giving him a good natured ribbing about it.

It would be funny though to confuse him if they all didnt show up for training one day to make him think he'd forgotten it had been cancelled or something, lol.

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    The reality is that playing a contact sport is better for you than :

i) smoking
    ii) drinking
    iii) sitting around on your sorry @ss getting fat, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes
    iv) eating take away food.

Men in their teens and twenties want to rut like stags. That's just the way it is. If you aren't an alpha male go and play sooker or gAyFL.

As you were

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Saw the program about that link (4 Corners if anyone's interested - http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/conte...1/s3221310.htm). Serial unfortunates like Barnes have a lot to ponder.

The most serious matter it raised was the postmortem examination of the unfortunate college athlete who had suicided. He had advanced symptoms despite never having been seriously concussed. Continuous lesser "hits" seem to be cumulative and may also lead to depression and suicide.

The first thing the Yanks should do is outlaw rigid helmets. They are more a weapon than a defense these days. With appropriate rule changes they would be no more needed than in Rugby.

Sadly Rugby and RL may need to rethink a part of both games that we all love - the collision.

Good one! Then all the soccer mums in their Range Rovers would let Jonny play Rugby after all, because it wouldnt have any 'nasty and mean contact' in it...

FFS, I'm sure soccer has their fare share of suicides and thats mostly from the fans who top themselves because thats way more exciting than watching their team play.

Nah, make the collisions harder, put more forwards in the backline to sort these sooks out. Oh, and bring back rucking!

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    As you were
    Predictable. Everything was 'arder back in the day.

But you're not running those sports, fellow old man. The modern day duty of care concept has legal implications for the controlling bodies. The NRL is already on the front foot, having engaged a neurosurgeon to conduct a review.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronski Beat View Post
    [/B]

Good one! Then all the soccer mums in their Range Rovers would let Jonny play Rugby after all, because it wouldnt have any 'nasty and mean contact' in it...
    F@ck. What a tough guy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    F@ck. What a tough guy!
    Well it almost seems that you are advocating sooker as a sport, so I just juxtaposed your sentiments.

Pretty soon with sooks like you sitting in your X5's on a rainy day watching the game, there will be no scrum, there will be no contact, and the ref will just a counsillor.

'Cmon boys, be nice to each other'....

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    there are things I'd prefer to forget... But seriouslty its bad news about Barnes...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronski Beat View Post
    Well it almost seems that you are advocating sooker as a sport, so I just juxtaposed your sentiments.
    Looks like you may have sustained some of that damage yourself. I'm not advocating anything of the sort. But I saw the program and I'm simply saying that the controlling bodies will have to consider the evidence.

I've been a Rugby/RL tragic for over 50 years and played for 23 of them. I love the collision as much as anyone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast