Thread: Nathan Sharpe: It's time to turn it around

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Nathan Sharpe: It's time to turn it around

Nathan Sharpe: It's time to turn it around

NICK TAYLOR, The West Australian March 17, 2010, 8:28 am

Getty Images / Jonathan Wood ©

Absolutely gutted.
    These are the most fitting words to describe Sunday's loss to the Queensland Reds.
    Standing in the dressing room after the game felt like it could have been a nightmare, like it had never occurred, but it has and we will deal with it the best way we can and that's to get back up on the front foot and throw ourselves into the week ahead.

We went into the match prepared for an intense battle but could not have imagined we would produce a display of rugby that offered far too many mistakes, gifting the Reds a huge lead in the first 30 minutes.

The disruption to our campaign this year has seriously affected our ability to form a cohesive unit and once again it showed on the weekend. Although we have managed to rebuild to a competitive unit of players through short-term contracts, what we have lacked is the ability to unify and perfect our game plan.

Granted, the Reds are definitely the in-form Australian team and their performance on Sunday was worthy of victory, but had we played simple mistake-free football, the result could have been much different.

That is how competitive this competition is - a few per cent off your best and you get punished.

When you are on the back foot for a big percentage of the game the biggest challenge is maintaining intensity.

Our young group has learnt that lesson the hard way, the opportunity now lies in our hands to turn it around. We must get on the front foot and dictate terms.

This Saturday is our chance to step up in another all-Australian derby against the Waratahs. I am certain we can turn this week around. A short week of six days before the next game has never sounded so sweet.

It is also a special day for the club. Each year we honour the women in our rugby community with Ladies Day. This year it is again in support of the Breast Cancer Foundation of WA (BCFWA). Emirates Western Force members and supporters can support the BCFWA by purchasing a special edition cap with all proceeds going to assist the foundation.

From my own experience of my auntie going through this trauma, I know it is certainly a fantastic cause and one which RugbyWA is happy to promote.
    I'm looking forward to seeing all the ladies (and gents) get into the spirit of the game and having a great night out. It's time we put on a show for all our fans and we're determined to do so starting on Saturday.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...urn-it-around/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I hope he doesn't have to make another "Losing Captain's Interview" this week...

C'ARN THE FORCE!!! DO IT FOR YOUR CAPTAIN, YOUR FANS, AND YOURSELVES

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!