Thread: England out of Euro 2008

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

England out of Euro 2008

10:09 AEST Thu Nov 22 2007
    AAA

England's Euro 2008 hopes finally disappeared at Wembley on Wednesday when they lost 3-2 to already-qualified Croatia having fought their way back from 2-0 down to briefly taste the draw they needed to go through.

The home crowd was stunned after eight minutes when Scott Carson, controversially chosen in goal after making his debut in a friendly only last week, allowed a speculative long-range shot by Niko Kranjcar to skid off past him and into the net, and it looked all over when Ivica Olic doubled the lead six minutes later.

England got level with a 56th-minute Frank Lampard penalty followed by a great goal by striker Peter Crouch, who expertly controlled a David Beckham cross before volleying the goal that had the home fans dreaming.

Croatia, though, continued to look dangerous and won it in the 77th-minute when substitute Mladen Petric lashed in a shot from the edge of the box - allowing Russia to climb above England and take second place in Group E.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    well they are well use to losing (again)

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I watched that game and the way English football fans are makes me sick. They are down two nil and they go on and on about how they've already lost it and how rubbish the English side is and how its disgraceful blah blah this country is going to the dogs blah blah bloody foreigners blah blah. And you say to them have a little faith you'll see and they say no we're terrible blah blah McClaren should be fired blah blah. They make the two goals up and they are still moaning. Yes they did lose but if positive thinking was as powerful as they say it is it isn't half lacking from England supporters.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Here's one for LTP

Q. What is the difference between Lewis Hamilton and the English Soccer Team?

A. Lewis will still have his McLaren in the morning!!!!

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    yeah but those same poms who whinge when England is loosing will probably be cheering for all the foreigners come the weekends premier league action. All the top sides have foreign players, foreign coaches (managers), funnily enough i read an article on the web just before the last world cup some former england player (dont remember which one) saying that because of all the foreigners in the top levels of english football (soccer) that their national side would start to suffer in the future

vCash
    Some thoughts from a mate of mine stuck in the wintery depths of Pomlandia;

Quote Originally Posted by MJ
    Hey dude,

Things are well, how's your things? Larging it up here at the moment, what with England not making the Euro 2008 finals. Two years of teeth gnashing, finger pointing, scapegoating, moaning and general self flagellation of a people to follow. Too bad they don't do a world cup of that, england would have won 5 on the trot. They pretend they know they haven't got a god-given right to make tournaments but when they don't the true colours shine through in a blaze of lager-induced rage. At least they took their medicine and accepted that their rugby team was lucky to be in the final. God, I would have died if they'd won that. Can just about handle the saffers winning it, at least it was the right hemisphere, but too be honest didn't care as long as it wasn't new zealand.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    too many distractions for the poms in the lead up to this big game!!....
    http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/2511_sex_shame.shtml

vCash
    apparently some one from the English FA (football association) before the game said that no Croatian would start in the English side (it was in yesterdays paper, Sunday
    25th)