Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crusaders set for reshuffle

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash

Talking Crusaders set for reshuffle

Crusaders set for reshuffle
    By RICHARD KNOWLER in Cape Town - The Press | Tuesday, 04 March 2008
    Crusaders set for reshuffle - Rugby news & coverage - Stuff.co.nz

The Crusaders are preparing to re-jig their outside backs combinations against the Western Force, with wing Kade Poki ruled out and Casey Laulala an uncertain starter.

Right wing Poki strained a hamstring in the warm-ups before last Saturday's Super 14 match against the Stormers in Cape Town and will be sidelined for around two weeks.

Centre Laulala injured his hamstring during the game and coach Robbie Deans said he may be in doubt for this Sunday night's fixture at Perth's Subiaco Stadium.

"Casey himself is confident but we will wait to see how he pulls up. If doubtful we will not be risking him."

Sean Maitland replaced Poki for the Stormers clash and Deans also has the option of selecting Scott Hamilton on the wing. He will join the squad in Perth today after missing the Cape Town fixture because of personal reasons.

Caleb Ralph, who started on the left wing at Newlands, is an option to start at centre, as is Tim Bateman.

Deans is likely to stick with most of the starting 15 that beat the Stormers 22-0, but will probably rotate his props and bring back Greg Somerville and Ben Franks.

Although they have been far from convincing, the Force will be buoyed by two wins from three matches in South Africa.

One of the challenges for Deans this week will be to keep his men busy off the field.

The squad was to arrive in Perth today and despite staying in Cape Town for almost three full days after the win over the Stormers they still have to kill off most of the week before playing the Force. "That's one of the risks. We will be travelling home so soon after the fixture and that can be a real distraction," Deans said.

"There's no doubt that you do think about home the longer you have been away. We have to be clever about how we use our time and ensure we don't stagnate."

The Crusaders left home for their two-match tour of South Africa on February 16 and will board a flight for home, via Sydney, within hours of the full-time whistle in Perth.

There is no doubt the Crusaders will enjoy the freedom of being able to wander wherever they please in Perth after being somewhat restricted about where they could go and what they could do in South Africa.

The danger, however, is that they will become restless in the Western Australian capital city.

Their accommodation has been booked in the city centre, meaning they will have to travel to get to the beaches or away from the traffic.

"You have to get your balance right in this industry," Deans said.

"If you think rugby all the time it won't work. We try to prepare with that in mind, as if we were at home."

Partners and families were encouraged to stay in touch while the players were away, Deans said.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Lifes tough eh? Ive been to Christchurch and if they are going to be bored in Perth? well ill roll a Aspro to Sydney. Get a grip. HTFU

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Im pretty keen to get a photo and autograph with richie mccaw and dan carter. anyone knows how i can get it? eg public training session? i know they're staying at the holiday inn at hay street for the duration.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    yeah...stake out their rooms....thats the go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotheforce View Post
    Im pretty keen to get a photo and autograph with richie mccaw and dan carter. anyone knows how i can get it? eg public training session? i know they're staying at the holiday inn at hay street for the duration.

yeah, they stayed at the holiday inn last time as well, the bus was parked on the opposite side of hay street and they were more than happy to sign autographs ect... i know of a few kiwi friends that went down.

vCash
    Just hang around the front of the hotel in fishnet stockings and high heels.....Unless you're female......then I'm out of ideas!

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I wouldn't want their autograph. Every time I get near them my skin starts to burn.

vCash
    So the Crusaders reckon that Perth is the Hamilton of Australia. Can someone organise the Weagles to meet them at the airport and take them out for a "exciting" time. Maybe they should visit the left bank....

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    So the Crusaders reckon that Perth is the Hamilton of Australia. Can someone organise the Weagles to meet them at the airport and take them out for a "exciting" time. Maybe they should visit the left bank....
    Its hard to run with Syphillus..... errr I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Its hard to run with Syphillus..... errr I think.
    You're a sick sick man James!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Just hang around the front of the hotel in fishnet stockings and high heels.....Unless you're female......then I'm out of ideas!
    Or......

Try covering yourself in sheepskin

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

vCash
    im gonna pop by the city today to do some shopping (eg sit outside the holiday inn and stalk) and hopefully bump into some of them. haha. fingers crossed.

vCash
    I reckon we should all stake out their hotel. Offer to take them out for pizza and get them to sign the petition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Ewe?

Brother Gallagher I hear you

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I reckon we should all stake out their hotel. Offer to take them out for pizza and get them to sign the petition.
    Nathan Sharpe can recommend a very good pizza shop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast