Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brumbies circle Giteau and Mitchell as Force run out of firepower

vCash

Brumbies circle Giteau and Mitchell as Force run out of firepower

Pieman's in full flight again...

THE Western Force yesterday confirmed several key players were owed money, with the ACT Brumbies the prime option if Matt Giteau seeks a release from his multimillion-dollar contract with the Perth-based club.

This comes after the Herald revealed yesterday that many Force players, including Giteau, were reconsidering their contracts with the franchise after they were not paid by the team's sponsor, Firepower, this year. Giteau may be owed more than $500,000 and other leading players Drew Mitchell, Ryan Cross and Cameron Shepherd are owed more than $100,000 each. The Force are also owed hundreds of thousands of dollars from their Firepower jersey sponsorship.

Read More...

Love the caption on the pic of Gits: NOT PAID

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    Pieman's in full flight again...

THE Western Force yesterday confirmed several key players were owed money, with the ACT Brumbies the prime option if Matt Giteau seeks a release from his multimillion-dollar contract with the Perth-based club.

This comes after the Herald revealed yesterday that many Force players, including Giteau, were reconsidering their contracts with the franchise after they were not paid by the team's sponsor, Firepower, this year. Giteau may be owed more than $500,000 and other leading players Drew Mitchell, Ryan Cross and Cameron Shepherd are owed more than $100,000 each. The Force are also owed hundreds of thousands of dollars from their Firepower jersey sponsorship.

Read More...

Love the caption on the pic of Gits: NOT PAID
    Yeah, blame pieman for direct quotes from Brumbies officials. Don't get me wrong - I don't like him either, but this persecution complex grows tired quickly.

vCash
    Same old rehashed crap, Grumbles trying to cover his ass for a false claim he made last year, SMH's little quarrel with Firepower and the Force going on, inability to believe that maybe the players actually like Perth for what it is and not th emoney they get, general quotes from the Brumbies CEO saying he wouldn't mind having Giteau (obviously) they haven't even bloody spoken to Giteau and they are writing like they are already signing him.

Same old shite from the SMH with thier inability to believe that perhaps players actually want to stay in Perth, of which the players this year who have re-signed have shown. Think about it, Perth has everything a sportsman would want, it has basically anything active you'd want to do you can do in perfect weather....what does Canberra have? You can take a jog in dreary weather, fun fun. I don't see Giteau crying every night for his mummy....can we start up a TWF newpaper already?

vCash
    Moses, it's more lines like:

Quote Originally Posted by Pieman
    Last August, the Herald revealed Giteau was contemplating seeking a release and returning to the Brumbies, which prompted immediate denials despite the player seeking advice from influential rugby officials about his legal rights. Nine months on, the Brumbies remain hopeful their former star will return to Canberra - officially in 2010, but possibly next season.
    thats attract the eye-rolling "here we go again" response.

That's not quoting Brumbies officials- that's rehashing the same crap from the ubitqitous 'Unnammed Sauces" we've been listening to for nine months now. You don't see the same attention paid to the imminent (actual) departure of several Tahs players- or is that not news because he'd have to pay out on the ARU for letting them go, not Rugby WA?

Last edited by Swee_82; 29-05-08 at 11:06.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Yeah, blame pieman for direct quotes from Brumbies officials. Don't get me wrong - I don't like him either, but this persecution complex grows tired quickly.
    Well don't come onto our forum, problem solved.

vCash
    You can pretend Growden is making this up all you like, it wont be such a conspiracy if it comes true.

Denial is a river in Egypt.

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    Hehehe, short and sweet BLT, you must have learned from a master.

Swee pointed out this one ''Last August, the Herald revealed Giteau was contemplating seeking a release and returning to the Brumbies''

I can just see Pie writing some beat up 7 years from now '' 8 years ago the SMH revealed Gits was contemplating eating some dhal in Canberra and returning to to munch on John Brumby'' or some weird shit like that.

This is soooooo 9 months ago.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Well don't come onto our forum, problem solved.
    I can assure you I don't come here to read this persecution crap you seem to persist with. The world's not out to get you, the Force are not omnipotent and Perth isn't the centre of the universe. Once you can comprehend that and join the real world you'll be a better person for it. Fortunately you're not representative of twf as a whole and it's for the more astute readers on here who do add to conversations that I come here. I dare say they'd be embarrassed at times by your childish antics.

Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    That's not quoting Brumbies officials- that's rehashing the same crap from the ubitqitous 'Unnammed Sauces" we've been listening to for nine months now. You don't see the same attention paid to the imminent (actual) departure of several Tahs players- or is that not news because he'd have to pay out on the ARU for letting them go, not Rugby WA?
    You've gotta hand it to pieman really - he's been persistant in going at Firepower since crikey.com.au broke the story last year, it never added up and now that the house of magic fuel pills is tumbling down he can take some credit for having vocally opposed their buying into the Australian sporting landscape.
    Quote Greg says ...
    force bad tahs good, blah blah blah

vCash
    I can assure you I don't come here to read this persecution crap you seem to persist with. The world's not out to get you, the Force are not omnipotent and Perth isn't the centre of the universe. Once you can comprehend that and join the real world you'll be a better person for it. Fortunately you're not representative of twf as a whole and it's for the more astute readers on here who do add to conversations that I come here. I dare say they'd be embarrassed at times by your childish antics.
    And once the papers (I don't know about the people) realise that perhaps Perth isn't a rubbish place that players can't wait to get out of then they will be much better because of it. I'm persecuting am I? Wow, okay then...I'm sorry Mr Growden for pointing out the holes in your stories that aren't backed up with proof and pointing out that you are unable to concede a point when you are unequivocally proven wrong.

Now, as for the use of direct quotes, Fagan simply said that he wouldn't mind speaking to Giteau, I mean, who wouldn't. This is the only statement either party has said yet artistic license is used to assume that Giteau wants to leave for sure. The problem I have with Growden is not as much the attacks against the Force, that is to be expected by now, it is taking a set of facts like Fagan wouldn't mind having Giteau and Firepower have defaulted on payments to mean that Giteau has just about packed his bags already.

Growden is a hack journalist and the snidey little articles and the constant re-hash of old material sort of builds a siege mentality, I suggest you look back at the few months when the quokka/left bank issues were going one, I read most of the articles and saw that every single day they would release a new article basically re-writing the same thing they wrote the day before with a slight spin...if that isn't obsessive I don't know what is.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    the Force are not omnipotent and Perth isn't the centre of the universe. Once you can comprehend that and join the real world you'll be a better person for it.
    That's 100% correct, don't you know the Waratahs and Sydney take those titles FOOL!!!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Since when is Sydney omnipotent? That doesn't even make sense, even if I turn it upside down

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    The Force is the centre of MY universe (opps, along with the missus, kids and furry one ofcourse).

vCash
    TWF supporters note - Growden doesn't just hate and disrespect the Force. He hates and disrespects the Reds even more .

He has a gruding respect for the Brumbies (because Canberra is close to Sydney) and of course, we all know, he has wet dreams about the Tahs.

However, trying to put some perspective into this, the Firepower issue could be shaping as a bit of a problem. Any ideas as to what other sponsors may step in to make it alright again?

vCash
    Quote Greg says ...
    The Growden eats eggs for breakfast and horse for lunch. Oh, you said Reds and Force? The Growden eats those as well although they make the Growden dyspeptic

Gigsa made me do it

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    Any ideas as to what other sponsors may step in to make it alright again?
    You've probably already seen this one: ET Mining and TS Marine to cover missing payments? - Western Force Rugby Supporters Site

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast