Thread: Springboks dismiss Jake's possible return

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash

Springboks dismiss Jake's possible return

Springboks dismiss Jake's possible return
    Thursday, 28 August 2008
    Springboks dismiss Jake's possible return - Rugby news & coverage - Stuff.co.nz

The South African Rugby Union (SARU) poured cold water on suggestions that Jake White, who coached the Springboks to the 2007 World Cup title, could return as a director of rugby.

White told yesterday's edition of Die Burger, a Cape Town-based Afrikaans newspaper, that he wanted "to be director of rugby in South Africa".

However, SARU president Oregan Hoskins said last night that the post did not exist and there had been no discussions with White.

"We have had no discussions with Jake White on the subject and, in fact, the principle of a director of rugby post will only be reviewed by the president's council on Friday," Hoskins said.

White's successor as Springbok coach, Peter de Villiers, is under fire as his team have lost four of their five Tri-nations matches, including unprecedented successive home losses to New Zealand and Australia.

White told Die Burger that he was not interested in becoming the head coach again but that he would like to help in the background.

"I want to become director of rugby," White said.

"I don't want to be in the limelight and I'm also not looking for the pressures that go with it. I've had my turn. All that I would like to do is help. That's what I have always wanted to do."

De Villiers can take heart from Hoskins' statement on Monday that "De Villiers, his management team and playing squad have my unequivocal backing and that of the South African Rugby Union president's council and of the board of SA Rugby."

After South Africa's 27-15 loss to Australia in Durban last weekend, De Villiers, captain Victor Matfield and the players were booed by the crowd.

De Villiers took over from White, who was not reappointed after he did not reapply for his position following the World Cup triumph, in January and has a four-year contract as head coach.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    why would Jake White want to go back to that political nonsense anyway
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    This is the jersey that some yarpies hope is actually Pieter De Villiers (this was sent to me by a yarpie, btw).

Name:  ATT00013.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  21.3 KB

vCash
    This is the jersey that some yarpies hope is actually Pieter De Villiers (this was sent to me by a yarpie, btw).

Click image for larger version Name: ATT00013.jpg Views: 7 Size: 21.3 KB ID: 653
    ahaha
    same here
    i wish jake came back and took over the bok coaching again

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Ox that's gold. It's a tad funny their newspaper is named 'Die Burger'!!
    Do the Saffa's have any other options for coach?

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    dick mier
    there assistant coach

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    "We don't want no World Cup winning Coach around here, we are doing just fine!"

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    We don't want no World Cup winning Coach around here, we are doing just fine
    bull shite

BOKKE

vCash
    im enjoying the wallabies not being the worst side in the comp!
    long live the reign of devilliers!