Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: O'Connor refuses to quash Tahs rumours

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

O'Connor refuses to quash Tahs rumours

O'Connor refuses to quash Tahs rumours
    • Tim Clarke
    • March 4, 2009 - 11:18AM

Western Force sensation James O'Connor has denied he has been in contact with NSW Waratahs coach Chris Hickey about a possible move east.

With the 18-year-old priority number one for the Force recruiters after the defection of Matt Giteau to Canberra, reports of the Waratahs' interest in the second youngest Wallaby in history came as no surprise.

And neither did the questions as the Force trained in Sydney ahead of the trip to New Zealand tomorrow to take on the Chiefs and the Crusaders - with O'Connor evading the queries while also failing to raise Force hopes either.

"Obviously I will be weighing up all my options but for the time being my focus is on the rugby, and I want to take all my opportunities at the Force week in week out," O'Connor said.

"I have not been in contact personally, I am just leaving that to management and my parents.

"It is tough missing your friends and family but I am having fun in Perth. We have got a good team and a good group of guys and that is where I am at the moment."
    With the Chiefs yet to win a game this Super 14 season, and the Force coming off successive victories, last week's three-try hero Cameron Shepherd said being on the road had galvanised the Force as it had done in previous seasons.

"Ever since we have left Perth - it is no secret we have had some issues going on, and it has been a really refreshing trip, it has brought us really tight," Shepherd said.

"It is a really short competition, a really tough competition, and when you are losing games you get into a bit of a rut, and when you are winning games everything builds."

And the physical test of playing in New Zealand would again be a focus, with Shepherd saying if that challenge could be conquered, the Force's backline firepower could prove decisive.

"They have been pretty unlucky in their three games, the teams they have played are all on the top of the table and we know it is going to be a physical encounter, it always is when we are over there," Shepherd said.

"If we match them physically we know we have got the skill to give them a good run - if we can't that is when we will be in trouble."

http://www.watoday.com.au:80/wa-news...0303-8n98.html
    .adSpot-textBox {clear:both;background:#fff;margin:0;padding:0;bor der:none;width:420px;float:right;} .adSpot-textBox h5 {background-color:#ffff;border:1px solid #ffff;color:#A1A1A1;font-size:9px;margin:0;padding:0}

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    you would be stupid to say "no i wont be going" why close doors on your self... you can see he is young:

I am just leaving that to management and my parents.

vCash
    There's a fair bit in the sponsorship kitty at The Force and about 15 off-contract players all wanting a slice. His manager and his Dad are just trying to get him as big a slice as a 19yo rookie can. Just like Mitchell and Valentine's. Wonder if Mitch Hardy is on tour. He's got a lot of talking to do.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Half of me says that its just a ploy for more cash when he re-signs and what possible reason would there be for going to the Waratahs except maybe being closer to home. The other half says these kinds of speculation have the annoying habit of being right.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    From the article:

"And the physical test of playing in New Zealand would again be a focus, with Shepherd saying if that challenge could be conquered, the Force's backline firepower could prove decisive."

They just can't help mentioning Firepower, can they?

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    well...
    while we're on the pun bandwagon...

may the be with them!!
    they will be a to be reckoned with and will present a ful case for the finals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    you would be stupid to say "no i wont be going" why close doors on your self... you can see he is young:
    Good Point.

It is the smart thing to do, even if it's just to find out where you stand in the "Free Market". I'm sure WF will offer him the best package they can to keep him.

Go The Force!

vCash
    "I have not been in contact personally, I am just leaving that to management and my parents.

Wise words James O’Connor… focus on the Force and your rugby…

The talented James O'Connor is just 19 in June... He has undoubtedly a big future head... What is best for Australian Rugby and James O'Connor is he needs to be where he can learn and develop the most over the next couple of years.

The Apprentice needs to learn from the Master/s... If JOC makes the right choice he will certainly make the next RWC 2011 squad and shine…

I don't think wheelbarrows of cash will come into it. He will be paid well where ever he goes and then topped up by the ARU.

If the Force want to have JOC re-sign they need to sign a senior world class Flyhalf ASAP and encourage JOC to stay and play on…

vCash
    Could you repeat the please?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    In plain English as well
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I think he's saying he should leave the Force unless the Force sign another player to play in his position?

I don't understand how that works, but that's what he said!

C'mon the

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    O'Conner has said he wants to play 12 not 10.

Mudskipper is on the right track with this post.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    It's a shame Gits didn't have the same respect for his team mates and the management.

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophies Horatio

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post

Wise words James O’Connor… focus on the Force and your rugby…

The talented James O'Connor is just 19 in June... He has undoubtedly a big future head... What is best for Australian Rugby and James O'Connor is he needs to be where he can learn and develop the most over the next couple of years.

The Apprentice needs to learn from the Master/s... If JOC makes the right choice he will certainly make the next RWC 2011 squad and shine…

I don't think wheelbarrows of cash will come into it. He will be paid well where ever he goes and then topped up by the ARU.

If the Force want to have JOC re-sign they need to sign a senior world class Flyhalf ASAP and encourage JOC to stay and play on…
    I can't stand all this namby pamby BS
    Throw the kid in the deep end. He'll swim for sure
    You don't learn much getting splinters in your @rse on the bench.
    You play, you learn. Getting spoon fed is for gimps.
    If the bloke has massive ones, he'll take the starting spot at the Force. If he's a weaner missing his mum, he'll go running off for his daily dose of curds and wey at another franchise and play second fiddle for a few years.
    Has he got the bottle for it?

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophies Horatio

vCash
    Don't his parents live in QLD?

If so that's where he'll go.

He needs another 10 kegs put on him to play inside centre anyway. The Blues half back is 95 kegs.

85 kegs at the moment, that's a half backs weight or a winger like Super Shane and when his dancing feet don't work he gets smashed.

A mate of mine (no names) struggles to maintain a flanker spot at 100 kegs cause he's considered to light.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast