Thread: SWEET REVENGE FOR WANNEROO IN GRAND FINAL REMATCH

vCash

SWEET REVENGE FOR WANNEROO IN GRAND FINAL REMATCH

Wanneroo turned the tables on 2008 premiers Kalamunda with an impressive 34-17 win in the opening round of the 2009 KWIK club competition. The northern club lost all three clashes last year, including the grand final, but this year the Roo-dogs rounded up the Bulls with a big second half, capped off with a sparkling attack led by Cook Islands sevens international Koiatu Koiatu.

More...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The local pundits must have missed something in the preseason. I thought Uni was going to fight it out for the comp according to some people and Paly were destined to forfeit more than they play???????

vCash
    Fulvio accused all and sundry of attempting to buy a premiership to cover up Paly's own little spending spree

C'mon the

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Au contraire, Gigs, I don't think I accused any club of trying to buy a premiership, not this year at least. I merely commented on how well they had recruited, and I was pretty well spot on in that regard.

I just chose not to build up unreasonable expectations by waxing lyrical on any prospects Pally had, that's all.

One swallow does not a summer make, and Palmyra will likely have it's backside kicked this week by a resurgent Nedlands, buoyed by its draw against Perth.

Perth, according to the very well informed Rick Boyd is a very powerful and slick combination with heaps of new Rep. players (see his article last week).

For Nedlands to manage a draw against them means Nedlands must be very strong also. The Palmyra Uni clash was just a battle of the cellar dwellers, after all.

Last edited by fulvio sammut; 20-04-09 at 10:47.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Au contraire, Gigs, I don't think I accused any club of trying to buy a premiership, not this year at least. I merely commented on how well they had recruited, and I was pretty well spot on in that regard.

I just chose not to build up unreasonable expectations by waxing lyrical on any prospects Pally had, that's all.

One swallow does not a summer make, and Palmyra will likely have it's backside kicked this week by a resurgent Nedlands, buoyed by its draw against Perth.

Perth, according to the very well informed Rick Boyd is a very powerful and slick combination with heaps of new Rep. players (see his article last week).

For Nedlands to manage a draw against them means Nedlands must be very strong also. The Palmyra Uni clash was just a battle of the cellar dwellers, after all.
    Actually it's according to the very well informed coaches involved.

I don't do personal opinions. I just relay what I've been told. I'm a journo, not detetctive.

Stop shooting the messenger.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    But Rick, I WAS BEING NICE!

vCash
    Do I detect a little preciousness?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    But Rick, I WAS BEING NICE!