Thread: big thumbs up for pek from horwill

vCash

big thumbs up for pek from horwill

James Horwill talks exclusively to foxsports.com.au about Wallabies' win

Do you think it was good to give some of the more inexperienced players a chance to play, and in turn give players like Stirling Mortlock and Matt Giteau a rest?
    Yeah, definitely. I think some of the younger guys that played, especially some of the young front rowers that had a crack, played fantastic and I think we will be in better stead for it as a squad moving forward. The fact that they have had a good run under their belt and had a taste of a full Test match will be great for us.

In your mind was there a standout among the young guns who got the chance to step up?
    I think Pek Cowan in his first Test was outstanding. He was the bolter for this year’s squad and he got his opportunity and he really grabbed it with both hands so I am sure we will be seeing more of him in the future.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...016959,00.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Who would have thought a 2m Lock would have big thumbs...

Pek was up against a very good and experienced campaigner in the Scrums and held his own on most. Gave away a couple but won a couple back too.
    However, around the park he really came into his own and will have raised the pressure on Bench selection in coming weeks.
    Alexander was the standout for mine, not only excellent go forward and speed but an awarness of when not to blindly commit too with some great passing and soft hands.
    Stick with him Robbie, Trestle to the Bench, only as he is unfortunately the only other Prop in the Squad to be able to play on both sides of the Scrum.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    But we do hold the secret weapon who plays both sides of the scrum and can kick as well (Dunning)

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Eastwood were playing Manly on ABCHD this weekend. Dunning was really good for Eastwood. Tackled well and did a few great pick and goes in very sloppy conditions. He doesn't seem at all affected by his injury.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Good to hear.....hope he's working on his mobility in general play as well, It's the way of the future, and it's the game

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    For the last 20, Longbottom was on the other side of the scrum. Had Damien Fitzpatrick not been on U20 duty it could have been a sneak preview of the Force scrum next year (provided we recruit Fitzy that is)

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The Force bench anyway

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Player
    vCash
    Cowan was impressive in his genral play and ball carrying. But he had a torrid time at the scrum. Didn't dominate once. Whilst robinson who is a good ball runner but not quite as good as Cowan, he still has it easily over Cowan in the scrum in terms of the ability to dominate his opposite. however I didn't expect him to do well in his first test and that doesn't mean he won't become an international Prop of note. As it is with every step up you have to learn your lessons early. If you don't disaster strikes sooner or later.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Probably a little unfair to fully judge him in the scrum until he's packed down with Moore though, Robinson has had that advantage.
    He did actually get a few wins in though, about three including one very dominant one late in the match as I recall.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.