Thread: mark

Prospect
    vCash

mark

My son and a number of his Qld mates have come over to Palmyra to play this year.We're interested in reading game reports from anyone who has seen them play.
    The club websites seem to be updated irregularly and we are starved of info.
    We'd appreciate if someone could let us know how the team's going.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Welcome aboard Mark.
    We have a few Palmyra regulars on here so I'm sure they can help you out.
    We try and have the results up by mid-week but you should be able to get much more from the TWF fellas who play or support Palmyra.
    Hope you enjoy our site!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Hi Mark. The pally webmaster won't be pleased to be described as "irregular". He normally has the opposite effect on people! When not on one of his interminable overseas holidays he does a good job.
    I'm not sure which of the lads in particular you want to hear about, and being an older codger I'm not '"in" with all the players but I can tell you the Qld boys are doing very well and have been, together with Jason , the main reason the club has gone from bottom to top or near top in all senior grades.
    There was a bye in the competition for all clubs last weekend due to the Ireland Test so there was nothing to report game-wise.
    As far as their individual performances are concerned here is my assessment:
    Chucky-very hard trainer and totally focussed.Scores and sets up tries in every game..combines very well with Jerry- they seem to feed off each other.He is a very gifted player who directs the backline excellently and has a high effective tackle rate. Kicking for goal not quite as good as his tactical kicking.
    Jerry - only played a cameo role in the last game against Uni as a replacement due to a finger injury and did not play the week before for the same reason. Will probably be rested again this week to ensure a full recovery as we have the luxury of having super 14 flanker Hodgson available for the next game. When playing Jerry is inspirational -usually first to the ball or breakdown and always backing up-a bit like always having an extra centre in the backline.
    Andrew- very much an agile clydesdale -has been playing second row or no.8,more so second row recently as we lost a second row to injury and we have several other competent no 8's in the club, though not as big. Always puts in a solid performance. I saw him yesterday buying a truckload of polo shirts, training shirts etc so family and friends can expect some prezzies shortlly(either that, or he has a very limited fashion sense).
    Nems -what can you say -has a freaky ability to avoid a tackle and you know he will beat two or three men at least when he has clean ball in hand and half a metre of space. Incredible pace-good average tackling ability - only negative is that he sometimes fumbles ball unnecessarily.
    Tom- missed a good part of the first round due to injury but played the last four or five games and was best on ground in two of them. great dogged tackler and aggressive runner with the ball.Has now left for Europe for a few weeks where he is meeting up with Mum and brother and reputedly will go to Spain for the running of the bulls. If he survives that he will be back soon for the business end of the season.
    Jason- extremely professional- no nonsense appoach to his job and has the first team very fit and in many cases has individuals playing above their previously recognised potential.Works very well with other coaches and has spent a lot of time working with the lower grades and the junior section.has lived up to every club expectation.
    Lastly, the English Queenslander (Walker?) I don't know this lad as well but has been putting in a solid effort in the front row. Reliable if not spectacular.Part of a front row that has dominated most other sides in the comp.

You can be proud of your lads-we are-they are great players, good team and club men and thoroughly nice human beings.
    I hope I can keep our club webmaster up to speed in the future for you.
    Cheers