Thread: NEW TERM - JUNGLE RUGBY!

vCash

Thumbs up NEW TERM - JUNGLE RUGBY!

Hi Rugby Community ,

If you have not heard of Jungle Rugby before then here is some info for you. It is going great guns at both our venues at the moment and the new term is just around the corner, starting on Feb 7. Last year was great with the Force players coming down with children and parents having a blast.

Jungle Rugby is a fun rugby program for 3-7yr old children and their parents. There is currently no such program for early years rugby players in the world of Jungle Rugby’s professionalism and quality. Participating members and their parents will experience essential Rugby skills, be educated on good physical habits and will therefore be better prepared for moving into Walla Rugby and club rugby.

The program will focus on fun for children and their parents in a structured, unique and innovative environment;

• Jungle Rugby provides each individual child an experience in Rugby that will not only improve his or her confidence and gross motor skills, social skills but also develop an increased passion for sport and an active lifestyle.
    • Jungle Rugby will improve the knowledge for parents on how to enhance the sporting ability of their child.
    • Jungle rugby provides the opportunity for children to undertake sporting activity throughout the year in a safe indoor environment.
    • Emirate Western Force players in attendance at sessions.

Jungle Rugby program will comprise of the following format:

• 9 week seasons
    • Each weekly session will last 50 minutes
    • Parental involvement and interaction provides quality time on a Saturday morning having fun with your child.
    • Sessions held at ECU Mount Lawley Sports and Fitness Centre on Sunday mornings and ECU Joondalup on Saturday mornings.
    • Fun Rugby Skills with emphasis on enjoyment and development of co-ordination, handling, movement, following instructions and working with other children and their parents.

For further information and to register contact Jungle HQ on 9471 8444, email andrew@junglesports.com.au or visit www.junglesports.com.au
    Attached Images Attached Images      

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Is there a new venue in the Subiaco area too?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Hi Coach, at the moment we are running with the 2 venues for the Rugby program but have others at Subi (Shenton College), Melville, Rocky and Guildford for the soccer and multi-sports.
    Once we are established in ML and Joon we will hopefully open the rugby at our other venues.
    RugbyWA are fully behind us as the first step on the coaching pathway, so it just a case of getting the message out there and getting parents on board. The children that have done the past couple of terms have really made a noticable improvement in their handling, movement and understanding which stands them in very good stead for when they move into club rugby.
    Being the off season, it is also an excellent time for young club rugby players to sharpen their skills before the season proper.
    Cheers, Andy.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Andy, my middle name is Nanook. Can you sell me a refrigerator?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Andy, my middle name is Nanook. Can you sell me a refrigerator?
    Abdul got his sandpit ok too!

I'll have to touch base soon Fulvio as I am MC-ing your son's wedding! He was a little angel wasn't he??

vCash
    Hi Andy
    Congrats on a great idea & contribution to our sport. My boy loves coming down there every sunday and his dad burns a few calories too which can't be bad.
    I have one request though for you to consider... please get someone that knows a little about the game to run the rugby sessions. The "soccer" coach is great and energetic but he misses so many of the little things that you and the previous coaches did with the boys that made it more than just an excercise session.
    PLEASE COME BACK!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    Hi Andy
    Congrats on a great idea & contribution to our sport. My boy loves coming down there every sunday and his dad burns a few calories too which can't be bad.
    I have one request though for you to consider... please get someone that knows a little about the game to run the rugby sessions. The "soccer" coach is great and energetic but he misses so many of the little things that you and the previous coaches did with the boys that made it more than just an excercise session.
    PLEASE COME BACK!!

Cheers and taken on board. Matt is one of our senior coaches and used to play for Wesley Rugby, but plays more football these days.
    I have been on the look out for enthusiastic rugby coaches for a while with articles on RugbyWA website and emails to clubs. So far I have had little response, which is a little disappointing as it is great fun for the coaches to earn money and really rewarding.
    I will hopefully be doing the rugby sessions at both ML and Joon this term. Unfortunately I cant be everywhere and needed to start up our Guildford venue last term.
    If anyone is interested in joining the coaching team, then send me a PM. Saturday Mornings @ Joondalup 9am-11am and Sunday Mornings @ Mt Lawley 9am-11am.
    Andy.