Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again - SMH 'Mitchell faces player revolt"

vCash

Here we go again - SMH 'Mitchell faces player revolt"

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I didn't think the SMH Sauce has even met Matt Gitteau - and probably couldn't pick him out of a line-up.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    this is already posted here

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Oops, I've always been a bit slow.

Rookie
    vCash
    Gits said in his Sunday Times column that he hadn't made up his mind on anything yet but it sounds like he's happy to stay. Like the bit about Drew and his hair too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paul View Post
    Gits said in his Sunday Times column that he hadn't made up his mind on anything yet but it sounds like he's happy to stay. Like the bit about Drew and his hair too
    If Gits gets a real offer from another club, he is goneski. Black and white.

Hasta la vista Pam

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Is that right, BB? He'll tell Bianca to say goodbye to her folks, chuck in her contract and get her butt on the plane or he'll just go by himself - I take it you are single...?

vCash
    disagree bronski...
    he has already said hes settled here and is happy to keep playing for the Force.

he's bought a house here, his girlfriend plays netball here... he has been given the vice captaincy and is playing the best footy of his life... why move? hes already making a killing even without firepowers contribution so it wont be for the money...

Unless hes a little more shallow than i though and greed gets the better of him..

vCash
    I guess we will see.

People have quit jobs and moved states before.

Hasta la vista Pam

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Of course they have, most of our list for starters. But what you were saying was that it will only take one glance at the bottom line to make the decision - he may well elect to leave after 2009, but it won't simply be a financial decision.

vCash
    Gits isn't that shallow and I think he deserves more credit than for someone to assume he would up and go purely because of the money.
    At the momenty his life is here, his girlfriend is here, his mates are here, he is vice-captain here....He has a good life here.
    It doesn't show much of our support if we assume that he would just up & go and I'm sure that its "support" like that, that isn't going to keep him around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    At the momenty his life is here, his girlfriend is here, his mates are here, he is vice-captain here....He has a good life here.
    I have a feeling he may be promoted next season, with Sharpie seemingly coming to the end of his International career a change of the guards may be seeked by Mitchell either this year or as a sweetener for Giteau to stay on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I have a feeling he may be promoted next season, with Sharpie seemingly coming to the end of his International career a change of the guards may be seeked by Mitchell either this year or as a sweetener for Giteau to stay on.
    i cant see sharpie being dropped as captain becuase he isnt in favour as a wallaby. his leadership role doesnt make him a wallaby, and him being a wallaby doesnt make his leadership role. i think he is the best captain the force could wish for to be honest. he is a great guy.

and i cant see gits leaving to be honest. he is happy in perth, thats what he tells everyone. he likes perth. and i dont think he needs to be made captain to stay...

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    i cant see sharpie being dropped as captain becuase he isnt in favour as a wallaby. his leadership role doesnt make him a wallaby, and him being a wallaby doesnt make his leadership role. i think he is the best captain the force could wish for to be honest. he is a great guy.

and i cant see gits leaving to be honest. he is happy in perth, thats what he tells everyone. he likes perth. and i dont think he needs to be made captain to stay...
    The Force are known for promising certain things to get a player eg. Henjack would start most of season 1 despite his dismal form, Mitchell would play fullback season 2 despite his dismal form, why would Giteau be any different? It's a carrot to dangle....don't think Giteau would be any more loyal then he was to the Brumbies, that was his home and he left to come to the Force, this is professional sports, despite what he says it means shite until he signs on the dotted line.

vCash
    pretty much on the money there. Gits keeps hosing down this speculation that he is going back to Canberra, but on the other hand does he confirm he will be staying in Perth?

All this speculation is meaningless untill he signs on the dotted line whether it be a Force contract or Brumbies contract
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast