Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Class

Champion
    vCash

Class

Thought I'd start a new thread so posters can hijack this one and leave the other ones alone that deserve the respect that they were intended for alone.

It's no secret that I was embarrassed by actions beyond Wests control and believe me it didn't sit well with me.Okay everyone now understands my position on the subject.

I thought Andrew Hill CEO who approached me and was apologetic and has realised that the situation hasn't been handled well displayed a bit of class and by all accounts will ensure this mess is not repeated although I believe powers above Rugby WA should shoulder a bit more of the blame.

On to the game, I thought Joe Savage displayed a lot of class when at one stage the game threatened to erupt he was straight in there and defused the situation[how that man is not playing professional rugby astounds me,must be by choice]classy guy.

Paly's no. seven awesome game classy footballer real thorn in our side. The classiest guy of them all and a man who I have a great deal of respect for is Dave Ball Paly coach,speaking to him after the game and his words quote[ we would have done exactly the same if we had the chance] unquote. He also instructed his players in the changing room afterwards to never use the excuse that Wests loaded up their team and were to never bring it up again.

It's real men like him that make the game unique.

Okay onto those that go to the bottom of the class.The half pissed obese Paly supposed supporters who looked like they had never laced up a pair of boots themselves booing our players as they were warming up are an embarassement to themselves and to their club. Try telling an 12 year old that no that's not what you do as I had to on the way home, I can guarantee that if Wests supporters were ever guilty of that crap they would be banned, end of story.

RM, we had a conversation at Brittania on Sat morning and you understood the situation we were in or seemed to, what changed from sat to sun. Fulvio if you continue to bring Wests name into disrepute with bitchy one liners you will have lost my respect and I don't want that to happen, your choice.

Thanks to Paly and Wests, you gave me great pleasure in watching two teams of real warriors battling it out to the bitter end

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Darren; 19-08-13 at 11:15. Reason: paragraphs make it easier to read
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Veteran
    vCash
    good work Westie.

vCash
    Was a really good game to watch, and an awesome crowd that turned up to support their teams! Force players or no force players, both teams gave it their all and unfortunately there has to be a winner and a loser... For me Palmyra was looking the better team, they just couldn't convert their opportunities in to tries! Was a tight finish that i'm sure would have had a few hearts racing - kind of like the unbelievable finish to the second grade game that was played prior to that clash, what a finish!!! What a comeback from Palmyra in that one, would be one of the best finishes to a game I have witnessed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Good comments Westie. I was on an early shift on Saturday which didn't finish until 2; that's why I couldn't get to Baysie for the afternoon games; wouldn't have got there in time for kickoff. Certainly was nowhere near Britannia.

Anyway we'll see what next week brings.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Where is the game next week?

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    Kingsway and Gibbo got us the new changing rooms Cott have to bring a tent

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Gotta feel sorry for Cott.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Kingsway and Gibbo got us the new changing rooms Cott have to bring a tent
    Saturday?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goony View Post
    ...kind of like the unbelievable finish to the second grade game that was played prior to that clash, what a finish!!! What a comeback from Palmyra in that one, would be one of the best finishes to a game I have witnessed!
    Pearler of a game, hey? Incredible kick from a tough spot with the wind affecting it.

Who'd have we'd get that result at half time?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Where is the game next week?
    Champs and Women are at Curtin Uni and Prem clubs are at Kingsway, I believe.

All Sat 24th.

GFs at McGillivray again.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Pearler of a game, hey? Incredible kick from a tough spot with the wind affecting it.

Who'd have we'd get that result at half time?
    Elaborate more for those of us who weren't there!

Any idea where we can see all the results from the weekend. Rugbywa seems a bit slow putting it up on their website.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    There was a significant breeze from right to left from the clubhouse/commentator box side.

Soaks had first use of the breeze and had a big lead at half time. Paly didn't really look in it at that time.

Paly caught up to Soaks by full time and we had a draw. Extra time of 10 minutes each way ensued.

Soaks again took the lead with Paly playing catch up again. A Paly try in the right side corner right on full time (the second time around) still had Wests up by one point. Conversion kick to win. The right-footed kicker had the kick from the RHS touch line, with the breeze pushing the ball across the goal posts.

He kicks.....he SCORES!

Paly by a point, 40 to 39.

Last edited by Ecky; 19-08-13 at 20:58. Reason: Correct teams :)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston View Post
    Any idea where we can see all the results from the weekend. Rugbywa seems a bit slow putting it up on their website.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    They seem to be here. You'll have to select each grade and scroll to the bottom of each.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Ecky,
    Sorry that was soaks not Wests

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    They seem to be here. You'll have to select each grade and scroll to the bottom of each.
    Thanks for that! Sounds like it was another O'Brien classic!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast