Thread: Wallabies can still top their pool

vCash

Wallabies can still top their pool

The Italians looked good last night, I know it was only Russia, but this isn't a bad Italian side and they've played the Irish more than the Wallabies have. They beat the Scots last year in the 6N and in this years 6N beat the French and only lost to the Irish by 2 points. The press are jumping up and down declaring this Irish side to be awesome and what an amazing performance, even saying it's not beyond them to win the World Cup They lost their 4 WC warm up games and I reckon they'll go into the Italian match over-confident. The Italians have got nothing to lose. Viva la Surrender Monkeys!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by zed; 21-09-11 at 10:44.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    And Ireland v Italy is the very last pool game of the RWC, glad I bought tickets to both quarters in Wellington

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I thought that myself after watching the game last night. But you can never tell with the Azzuri who is going to turn up (just like the Wallabies) or how long their passion is going to carry them. I think the lose will be good for the Wallabies i hope they are hurting a lot and that hurt will bring them closer together and drive them harder into the next phase of the comp. Beware the wounded Marsupial.

vCash
    If we do not get bonus point victories against USA and Russia, and Italy beat Ireland with both getting bonus points in that match, high scoring and small margin, by my calcs we may even not make the next round?

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    If we do not get bonus point victories against USA and Russia, and Italy beat Ireland with both getting bonus points in that match, high scoring and small margin, by my calcs we may even not make the next round?
    Yeah true, but if we can't score 4 tries against the Russkies then something is seriously wrong! If we do beat the USA & Russia with bonus points and the surrender monkeys beat Ireland, then it will be the Irish going home early.

vCash
    Yeah, and if France beat NZ (possible) Canada beat the Japs (likely) and Canada then beat NZ, then the All Blacks will be knocked out. Ain't gonna happen, though.

I'll be very surprised if Italy beat Ireland. The fact that Italy have played Ireland more often than Australia have also means that the Irish have played the Italians more often. They know just what Italy can do, but I don't expect Ireland to do what Scotland did in 2007 and gift Italy 3 tries in the opening 6 minutes (http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/matchcentre/7094.php)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    PUHLEEEESE! Don't even think that.....!!! I am there for the semi's....so PUHLEEEEESE! keep the faith....!!!

vCash
    Ireland will beat Italy

sorry

At least we'll dodge England. Those farkers would have beaten us based on the "old man" game plan mastered by Ireland.............go down at every scrum, go down at every lineout, kick it out, walk everywhere. Frustrate them by stopping momentum etc.

The allblicks will have sweaty palms for the semi. The choke is on. We've got them a week early and they are already sh1tting like a beg blick alsatian

We have to beat the bokke though. If it rains, we're cactus

Controversy corner

vCash
    I concur with Rex

Italy will not beat Ireland

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I concur with Rex

Italy will not beat Ireland
    Based on what logic? Ireland are a better team, but not a 20 point better team. Which means anything can happen on the day. A lot of upsets happen because the team favoured to win is under immense pressure, their opponents are generally under very little pressure and have nothing to lose. Hence the reason the ABs have lost so often in these types of situations. Ireland will be playing even more defensively and conservatively, very aware that if they lose, they could be out or playing the Saffas. The Irish probably will win, but I think it will be very close.

vCash
    And I don't think the Irish press are helping either with headlines like this!

Monumental result clears path for run all the way to World Cup final

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugb...l-2880495.html