Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It Sure Hit The Fan At The Judiciary This Week!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

It Sure Hit The Fan At The Judiciary This Week!

I've been told a total 74 weeks of suspensions were handed out earlier this week by the RugbyWA judiciary.

Offences and incidents included attempting to attack a referee, and two seperate melees at different venues involving players, spectators and officials.

RugbyWA is going apeshit about it.

Does anyone have any information? Feel free to name names, but only if you know what you are talking about, and aren't afraid to be sued if you get it wrong

What the hell is going on?

I saw Palmyra play Nedlands in first and second grades last week and heard no referee or player abuse, and even though my club lost both games, I thought the games epitomised all the very best aspects of club rugby at a very high and very fair level. It ain't us!

Let's cut the nonsense out of our sport, or we'll end up being classed in the same league of low lifes as some in AFL and ARL.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Kalamunda vs soaks last week, 4 yellows ansd one red

wait for it

To soaks, filthy pricks.

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

Veteran
    vCash
    holy crap, thats pretty rubbish... more info would be nice... anyone? wheres Mr Oracle, he seeems to know whats going on with local rugby...

Champion
    vCash
    Fulvio you missed the Nedlands vs Midland game on field 2. Disgraceful conduct, your Pres. was the ref. He'll fill in details, suffice to say he got full support from Nedlands. No ref. needs that kinda intimidation, especially in 4th grade blue matches which are usually more social than skillfull ( oohhhh I can hear the gnashing of teeth...).

Rugby WA gets our full support to throw any player, supporter or official out of the game in our state that has to resort to neanderthal actions. The game is bigger than any nation - just ask South Africa - bigger than club, team or individual. It is truly a spectacle encompassing, speed, strength, agility, fitness and intelligence. It is both complex in it's detail and simple in it's execution, it is a world game that bridges cultures, languages and religions - just look at the Ireland team during the "troubles". We have to protect this game and preserve it for our kids and grand kids.

How many AFL clubs can offer their younger members opportunities to play anywhere in the world and become eductaed through interaction and travel?

Unlike Soccer - how many Rugby stadia have to seperate fans and encircle the stadia with high security fencing?

Rookie
    vCash
    Nice of you to make contact Mr Palitu. I'm in Europe at present so didn't see the games but I understand that there were at least two melees (modern term for "all ins") at various grounds.

The Southern Lions vs PB U18's match involved in an all in brawl with the bench emptying and spectators all joining in. PB U18's is coached by the PB President isn't it? Apparently a very unsavoury affair that led to a number of suspensions and fines for the clubs.

The Midland Club are in disgrace at present and need to consider whether Rugby Union is their future. Three Midland players (including their Vice President) were suspended for various periods with the worst being for 2 years.

Rugby WA must be pulling their hair out that despite their best endeavours there are still idiots (quite often repeat offenders) running around using violence to get their kicks and using rugby as the vehicle. It is up to the management of each club to proactively rid themselves of these nutters. With the heirachy of some clubs being some of the perpetrators it is difficult.

Last edited by The Oracle; 25-06-10 at 10:51.

vCash
    Was Shorty the ref involved? I didn't know that, I thought he had retired. I only read the letter from RugbyWA that was posted on our club website, and heard a comment or two at training last night.

These issues are too serious to joke about, but I'd love to take the piss out of him. Something like, how bad was his reffing to drive someone over the edge?

Anyhow, I'm glad to see that the clubs are getting their acts together to stamp these things out.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    dont you sleep over there Oracle?

vCash
    Are people seriously telling me that you don't get a lifetime ban for assaulting a ref?

brawls have always been a part of rugby (both codes) but touch a ref and there is no way you should be allowed to play again.

Rookie
    vCash
    When you have as many guys chasing you as I have BDG, No I don't sleep much irrespective of where I am!

Still keeping half an eye out for Mr Palitu coming at me!

Last edited by The Oracle; 25-06-10 at 16:58.

vCash
    Yep, issues at Rocky last week with opposition players entering the field from the bench during a player disagreement. RugbyWA was approached but shyed off, and said they didn't think there was a case to answer. Hmmm, video? strong stance all that crap.

Veteran
    vCash
    I agree with ya Oracle, i tihnk the clubs have a responsibility to talk to their players which infringe soo badly, and if the case is there, kick them out of the club.

i personally dont like playing with players like that. There are players that give a rev up, and there are always stray punches, but people running onto the field is an absolute no no, and touching the ref... depending on what they did, 2 years is a definate, if they are struck then perhaps a lifetime ban.

I was runnign the line and was abused by a player whilst waiting for my team to take the kick. and they wondered why they were getting carded for mouthing off...

Btw Oracle, i was genuinly asking for your input, as you seem to be in the know about RWA...

Champion
    vCash
    Fulvio - yup was Shorty.

Even Trefor told Shorty he would have stepped in to help him out...now that has to be a first...Trefor backing up a ref???? Not sure if Tref and Shorty are best mates yet...

Being of legal mind...is there a precedent of a tresspass threat to a supporter or non-playing person entering a field of play??? eg if you went on to our field uninvited during a game, could the club inform you that you are or were trespassing?

vCash
    In the usual arrangement between a sporting club and the council which owns the sporting field, the club has a licence or lease to use the field at specified times and days.
    The club pays a fee or rent for that licence or lease, and has exclusive use of the designated area during those times.

The club therefore has the right to exclude whoever it wishes from the designated area, for whatever reason, during those times.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    how about publishing the names & sentences from the judicary hearings?
    has anyone got the info?

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    how about publishing the names & sentences from the judicary hearings?
    has anyone got the info?
    i second that

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast