Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: tahs 48 brumbies 19

vCash

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Mm maybe they are right, the Tahs are back?

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    everyone has a fluke once in a while...

vCash
    "Down 19-10 at halftime against a Brumbies outfit with only one of its Rugby World Cup stars, the Waratahs turned the screws in the second 40 minutes, and they did it without star recruit Timana Tahu"

Hmmm...biased much? Last time i checked Tahu is not the be all and end all to the Tahs success this year and the fact that they were playing a "depleted" Brumbies side is not really too much to gloat about, i feel. Granted, if a lot of tier one players get injured this year it could, but i don't think it will happen.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Skiz ya on the money, preseason is for playing with combinations. Suss out Feb 15 then we will know. Tahs will be better............9th

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    I find the fact that most of the second half tries were scored by forwards to be a concern for the Tahs, although not neccessarily a terrible thing, it sort of shows that the backline wasn't as effective as it maybe could have been...Time will tell though, season is closing in fast...
    As for the Brumbies, credit to them for an outstanding first half, maybe just need a bit more match fitness, but considering the inexperience and youth, all credit to them...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Isn't it only the half time score that has some relevance in a trial match? There's a slightly different take on this game HERE

vCash
    In the other report (seemingly written by the Brumbies) it sounds a lot more like the Tahs backs really didn't turn up until the last ten minutes of the match and then didn't produce much other than passes to forwards who finished the move off. Up until then all the scoring was either Set Piece or while there was a significant period of forwards off the park.

Laurie Fisher isn't going to be tearing his (scant) hair out over this...apart from the fact that the two forwards sent should have known better than that!

I haven't changed my opinions of the Tahs just yet, they also put some nice results on the board last year. They just won't string many together and the won't overcome any adversity at all.....that's what they do!

C'mon the

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    I think too much can be read into trial matches. The only people that know how well they did are the coaches and we will never get their real opinion on that.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    The Brumbies hardly ever win trial matches.... It'd feel weird if they did!

Adore this life
    There is no guarantee
    Could end by tomorrow

vCash
    I went to the Tahs v Brumbies trial game in Wollongong last year and the tahs won that but then went on to lose to the Brumbies 36 - 10 during the super 14 season.

I wouldn't be getting too excited about the win in terms of future success if I were a Tahs fan (which I'm not!). Enjoy it, because a win is a win afterall, but as previously said, pre season success can be misleading.

In saying that I'm sure the Force will whip the pants off the Crusaders in both games.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Good one Jess, you can't fool us. Everyone knows you have a sky blue heart.

The Report.

First off, damn you all for not coming.

Facing the long slog up the goat track that is the F3 I fortified myself with a fantasy involving me, an island and Scarlett J and a subscription to Health & Fitness magazine. Found the stadium easily enough, the Gosfordians had convienently placed it alongside the main road and next to the Leagues club. Nice.

I went to collect my ticket and was told by the friendly English lady that the Country Cockatoos match versus the Tahs Academy had been cancelled due to excessive rain. I toyed with the idea of returning home as I really only wanted to see the Cockatoos. The fair damsel sensed my distress and told me that the bar and pie shop was open already.
    Problem solved.

I wandered down to the sidelines while the Tahs were warming up and lo and behold, Lachie Turner was practising some punts. I called out '' have a good one Lachlan'' but he must not of heard me cos he gave me a dirty look and didn't acknowledge the salutation.
    Then I spotted Julian Huxley trying to appear low key in the incoming crowds by wearing KMart 'Now' label clothes but the disguise didn't fool me.

David Lyons fans will enjoy hearing that the big fella was at the game sitting in the Tah player/staff box up in the grandstand chomping on a supreme pizza with anchovies and extra olives. Yum. Al Kanaar was next to him looking melancholy. I hear he is not an anchovy man. Spotted Rocky doing laps of the sideline and up in the stands like a Tigress that has been verbally abused by American teenagers. Also saw a Lote Tuqiri cardboard cut out in the Tahs box furthermost from the fans and other players.

During the warm ups Kurtly Beale pretty much nailed his practice goal kicks while Turner didn't. Sheehan tried to look busy but was really just avoiding work. Turner is still as quick as he was last week during his sprint sessions at Campbelltown. Also, Kurtly must be on the KwooWade Maxi Diet cos he is the size of a large Western Suburbs kid.
    Deep Freier was trotting around too and looked rather militaristic with his body hair and head hair shaved down to a number 1. He was like a fat Teen Wolf.

The atmos was building nicely before the game with The Angels blaring out of the p.a 'Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Gain? ''. The expectant crowd had no time to sing out the standard pub responses to that song though. Don't worry I did mutter them under my breath.

As for the match, Timtam got caught offside again pretty early on in the first quarter, he still is rushing up on defence. Hope he gets over that quick smart. He didn't get a lot of ball action though. His tackling was up to speed and he got caught in a ruck again which i'm sure he enjoyed. He did make an awful read in defence of a Brumby second man play letting their backs get around him which prompted one man behind me to commend '' Thats a freakin' League play, how did he miss that??!!''. I can hardly wait for the Crusaders attack to have a go at TimTam....

Lots of kicking and dropped ball during the match. I spose that was due to the wet conditions. Turner did a lot of long roosts, he has a big boot on him but he can't convert tries to well yet. I think he had 3 from the sideline and he missed all 3. Beale had a go to and he could kick conversions from the side and I noticed that Sheehan put his hand up to take the kicks when they were in front of the sticks. Nice to see he takes the hard ones.
    Met a nice young bloke named Chris, a rugby player who plays in the forwards and doing year 12 this year. Told him about GTT et al and told him about the Tah Patrol. He spotted Beale slotting the conversions at the warm up and was confident of his abilities.

First half attack was pretty ordinary, with the Tahs trying to be a bit fancy and only really made ground through the forwards. Spinning the ball wide didn't come to much. The Brumbies young blokes did ok and made a few breaks and seemed to be able to crack the Tahs defensive line and make good distance down the field. Gandalf will be pleased.

All in all an entertaining match. When the Tahs decided to push it through the forwards they made ground although handling skills are still down. Kurtley got a chipkick in too which I was stoked to see. Nothing came of it but its still a beautiful thing and will win the Tahs the S14 in 2008. No team can defend against it. Ben Jacobs and Tom Carter were on fire and look really keen to impress. Chris tipped the Tom Carter try after the final bell too. Well done young cobber.

5000+ crowd go home happy. Brumbies can just go home.

Bluetounge Stadium

Weird sky at Bluetongue

Warmup, Sheehan slacking off

Waratah Haka

Fuzzy Big Will. Sheehan slacking off again

Burgess injured

Forwards working hard

Everyone watch the ball. Tahs backline ready to roll.

Passing to Nobody. Eales plays for the Brumbies now.

Tahs scrum was solid. Albeit against the reserve Brumby forwards.

''All I ask for is friggin' lasers attached to my boots''

Somebody scored...lets saaay..........Deep Freier

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Some good photos there Chook.

vCash
    Cybershot was on the wrong settings. Damn this clumsy brain! Bluetongue Lager is quite tasty though so that may have had something to do with the blurriness.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    The evil lager is your weakness chook, alas it is mine too...Great report mate, i read your other one from last week on gtt, glad to see you made it out of campbelltown alive...Great shot of you and timtam...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast