Thread: Former Wallabies player Justin Harrison walks out on Bath

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Former Wallabies player Justin Harrison walks out on Bath

From correspondents in London, England
    May 20, 2009 Former Australia representative Justin Harrison has quit his English rugby union club Bath, raising doubts over whether he will play in the Barbarians tour of Australia.
    Several British newspapers reported Harrison had left Bath and was on his way back to Australia after asking for an early release from his contract amid an inquiry into claims several of the club's players were involved in a drunken brawl.

Britain's Daily Mail newspaper said Harrison, 35, had also pulled out of the Barbarians' scheduled matches against England at Twickenham and Australia in Sydney.

A Barbarians source told the newspaper: "Harrison withdrew on Sunday saying he had some domestic matters to deal with in Australia."

Harrison joined Bath from Ulster on a one-year contract in 2008 and signed a 12-month extension last December.

Several Bath players are alleged to have been involved in a punch-up at a London nightclub on May 10, the day after the club lost to Leicester in the semi-finals of the English Premiership.

The News of The World tabloid reported at the weekend that several players had refused to provide samples for drug tests after drinking sessions the same weekend.

"Bath Rugby are continuing with their ongoing investigations regarding an alleged incident," Bath's chief executive Bob Calleja said in a statement.

"Until the club is satisfied that it has established and considered all of the relevant facts the club will not be making any further comment."

AAP

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23217,00.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Can Plank play 10?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Australian Justin Harrison retires after alleged bar brawl
    From correspondents in London, England
    May 21, 2009 .Former Australia international Justin Harrison retired from professional rugby on Wednesday after being released early from his contract with Bath in the wake of allegations he was involved in a drunken bar brawl.

The 35-year-old had been due to play for another year at the English Premiership club but has returned home following reports of a fracas at a London pub during Bath's end-of-season party.

Bath are conducting an internal inquiry into the behaviour of their players, which is expected to be concluded in the next few days.

Harrison had been due to play for the Barbarians against England a week on Saturday but he has withdrawn from the squad.

“I would like to thank all of the coaches, players and supporters that have helped me through my rugby career,'' he said in a statement.

“I have welcomed the journey of a truly international sport and have enjoyed meeting the many varied people along the way. I look forward to exploring any opportunities that the future holds.''

Agence France-Presse
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23217,00.html