Thread: Wallabies easily account for Barbarians

vCash

Wallabies easily account for Barbarians

Australia opened their international season in ominous fashion with a record 55-7 thumping of the Barbarians at the Sydney Football Stadium on Saturday night.

The Wallabies were never seriously challenged by a strong Barbarians side, who beat England last week, running in eight tries to one in a match that was played in the best traditions of Barbarian rugby.

Although the game was not an official Test, the Australians signalled their intentions to lay down a marker for the season ahead, handing the famed invitational club their heaviest defeat against the major southern hemisphere teams.................

Wallabies easily account for Barbarians

Wallabies: 55 (D Mitchell 2, J Horwill, M Giteau, B Alexander, S Moore; D Pocock, J O'Connor tries; M Giteau 4 conversions, penalty goal, S Mortlock 2 conversions) def

Barbarians: 7 (I Balshaw try; L McAlister conversion)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    And I want to be the first to say well done to SBW.

I thought you did enough to say F*** Y** to your knockers, of which there are many.

vCash
    SBW did well for what came his way... I also enjoyed the Valentine Gits combo in the halves...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    And I want to be the first to say well done to SBW.

I thought you did enough to say F*** Y** to your knockers, of which there are many.
    Butcher a try and get his ribs rattled a few times by Mr Zimmer Frame?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Butcher a try and get his ribs rattled a few times by Mr Zimmer Frame?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    His tackling was one of the best out there. Give the boy time, he'll do well in this game.

vCash
    Yeah sonny bill received a lot of hospital passes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Haji View Post
    Yeah sonny bill received a lot of hospital passes.
    Yep. Still managed some good off-loads. Sterlo was stalking him but the best shot was Burgess' try saver. Don't think Mcallister will have too many AB's losing any sleep just yet either.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    SBW off load in the tackle was outstanding and his tackling was really good, I agree with WRF he did shut people up and in another season or so and he will be the goods. Valentine will push Burgess out for the next game I reckon, his service to Giteau was as it has been all year at the Force excellent. Whilst Burgess through some very way ward passes either at the ground or up high. The new boys in the team accounted for themselves really well and will have some of the older boys a bit worried. Gees I love watching Alexander play what excitement a prop can bring to the game I just hope he can play as well at tighthead against the likes of the AB’s and Boks if so 2011 front row stocks are starting to look really good!!

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Gees I love watching Alexander play
    We see front rowers scoring more in the professional era, even the odd 30 - 40 meter ones. But I think it will be a while before we see a prop run such a great angle and hit the hole quite like Alexander did last night. Unless AJ decides to try one on.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    I'm going to have to watch the game again, but I'm pretty sure that every single scrum afetr Alexander came on at tighhead was hugely dominant... Anyone else notice that? I think we may be looking at the next RWC front row combination there.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    SBW off load in the tackle was outstanding and his tackling was really good, I agree with WRF he did shut people up and in another season or so and he will be the goods. Valentine will push Burgess out for the next game I reckon, his service to Giteau was as it has been all year at the Force excellent. Whilst Burgess through some very way ward passes either at the ground or up high. The new boys in the team accounted for themselves really well and will have some of the older boys a bit worried. Gees I love watching Alexander play what excitement a prop can bring to the game I just hope he can play as well at tighthead against the likes of the AB’s and Boks if so 2011 front row stocks are starting to look really good!!
    I don't know. I definitely was not a Burgess fan last year but last night he did a lot of pretty spectacular stuff. Valentine's service was good but he just doesn't do as much around the field as Burgess.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    What was Justin Marshalls problem trying to rip Browndogs( ?) head off in the second half.

You cant tell me he didn't realise what area of the body he was tackling.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I don't know. I definitely was not a Burgess fan last year but last night he did a lot of pretty spectacular stuff. Valentine's service was good but he just doesn't do as much around the field as Burgess.
    I'd agree with that, Burgess kept popping up everywhere, including smashing SBW with the try line in sight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    What was Justin Marshalls problem trying to rip Browndogs( ?) head off in the second half.

You cant tell me he didn't realise what area of the body he was tackling.
    Haven't you seen Marshall play before? That's standard practice for him. One of the best halfbacks to have played. 10 years in the All Blacks is testiment to this fact.

Biggest loud mouth/sledger/extra referee on the field I have ever seen.

Player
    vCash
    Alexander was great at Tight- head last night. Compliments Robinson perfectly. The Moore - Polota-Nau hooker combination gives us one of the most Dynamic pairing in world rugby. JO'C played well for his limited time. Deans will ease him into the scene. Hodgeson was injured and will lose his spot to Rocky. So he'll be hoping for a bench spot for the rest of the season. Burgess has a great game. The Wallaby game plan suits him a lot better the the Tahs. It's only early days, the fluency wasn't there and it broke down grinding to a halt for about 35mins in the middle. But next week should be another step in standard. Now I'm getting excited about the 3N's it should be a classic.