vCash
    yep, played awesome!

he's really quick to get over the ball.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Pocock puts forward his claim for starters

Greg Growden | November 17, 2009

DUBLIN: David Pocock came of age as an international Test open-side breakaway against Ireland. Now the Wallabies selectors must decide whether to continue rotating him with George Smith, or make the Western Force back-rower the permanent No.7.

Amid the despair of the Wallabies falling away in the final minute to draw with Ireland on Sunday (yesterday morning, Sydney time), there were still reasons for high praise in the corridor outside the Australian dressing room, due to Pocock's outstanding performance, and the continuing improvement of the Australian scrum.

Before the match, the Irish media focused on the 21-year-old Pocock, writing article after article about his Zimbabwean background, focusing on his teenage years when he slept with a shotgun under his bed, and his involvement in providing aid to his troubled country of birth.

But after his man-of-the-match display against the Irish the focus will be on his football, as his outstanding work at the breakdown and in open play, where he made a number of effective tackles and proved that after some early stutters in his career, he is firmly established as a quality Test back-rower.

The selectors have rotated Pocock and Smith in the starting positions, but it is pretty obvious the pecking order has been determined. Smith is now No.2, as shown by Pocock being still on the field at full-time, with Australia's most-capped forward coming on for only a few minutes when Pocock had to go to the blood bin midway through the game.

While Smith may well start against Scotland at Murrayfield on Saturday (Sunday morning, Sydney time), it seems that for the big internationals Pocock will be the man running out for the kick-off.

Wallabies coach Robbie Deans singled him out for special praise, saying: ''My view is consistent with the person who picked the man of the match. David had an outstanding game. We had no need to make a change in that area.''

But Pocock was still unhappy with the afternoon, saying: ''The grand slam was the carrot coming over here, and the thing we were after. To miss out like this is disappointing.''

■ The Wallabies have called for Reds utility back Luke Morahan to take the tour spot left vacant by the unavailability of Stirling Mortlock.

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/n...219799790.html

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I vote for the latter (Pocock permanent number 7)

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Veteran
    vCash
    I still cant rule out smithy (thoguh i really do rate Pocock), Smitrh was right in it when he came on for the blood bin. Pity that our two best players both want the same position.

I say best in the fact they are both exceptional players AND consistantly good!

vCash
    yep!bam bam was a menace.best 4 ireland probably ogara or any of the locks. another 2nd half fadeout by the wallabies makes baby jesus cry!irish were great in the last 30 minutes or so.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Forwards really stepped up this game......they needed to when they knew where the pressure was going to be applied (at the lineout) they also knew they weren't going to compete this time, so they had to step it up in every other area.

MOM Bam
    2nd Fat Cat
    3rd Rocky
    4th ummmmmmm possibly Moore (even with the lineout underperforming, it took TPN a while to ram home the impact he was making in the scrums)
    5th Palu or maybe a back.

C'mon the

vCash
    I still reckon the best move is to play horses for courses. Bam is devastating at the breakdown and capable in attack. George is good at the breakdown, but runs like an extra back (but with an extra 10-15 kilos of power)

Perhaps if Bam is selected at 7 and George at 13 we might do OK.

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Haji View Post
    yep!bam bam was a menace.best 4 ireland probably ogara or any of the locks. another 2nd half fadeout by the wallabies makes baby jesus cry!irish were great in the last 30 minutes or so.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I thought Rob Kearney was pretty good for Ireland and despite poor scrummaging Cian Healy was pretty decent too.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.