Thread: GREGAN: GENIA BETTER THAN ME

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

GREGAN: GENIA BETTER THAN ME

GREGAN: GENIA BETTER THAN ME

One of Australia's greatest halfbacks, George Gregan, has hailed incumbent Wallabies No 9 Will Genia as a superstar with more skills than him.
    Genia is an 82kg, Papua New Guinea-born 22-year-old who burst onto the international scene last year and after just 11 tests, Gregan is touting him as a future Wallaby leader.
    Pound for pound Genia is the strongest Australian rugby player, benching 172kg.
    "He's got a lot more skills than me," Gregan said of Genia (pictured). "He's bigger, stronger and he can kick a lot further. I'm a dinosaur compared to him. He's got a good head on his shoulders. I like the way he plays. He has time and space to do things, which is a sign of a real quality player. He's only 22 and has heaps of improvement in him. That's what's exciting."
    They are big raps from the Zambian-born Bledisloe Cup-winning captain who also won a World Cup in 1999, played 139 tests for the green and gold, and 136 games for the Brumbies, which included two Super 12 titles in 2001 and 2004.
    You would trust his judgement as far as halfbacks go.
    Gregan was full of praise of Genia, whose potential was also noted by Reds coach Ewen McKenzie who made him captain this year.
    "I think that leadership has really helped him go from strength to strength," Gregan said.
    "He is a very good player who understands the game. He's very skilful and makes good decisions under pressure. He takes care of his forwards, has very good pass and knows how to change his game when the opportunity presents itself."
    Some have gone as far to say Genia is the next Gregan.
    "He's his own man mate, and he's doing a great job. He also picked up the game late which shows how much talent he has," he said.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    172 kegs on the bench for an 82kg bloke is something else.

Gregan could squat twice his own body weight though.

Big wraps from a legend of the game.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!