Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Here come the Force!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Here come the Force!

Finally a win at home, some combinations forming in the Backs, Bam and Brownie back, Shep reportedly back next week, the Highlanders our last win before tonight, a history of no fear for the Crusaders, success in the Republic and five of our last six matches against the bottom teams, the Force are on their way to realising potential so as to set up an awesome 2011.

Ladder pre today:

Bulls Played 28
    Stormers Win tonight 23
    Crusaders To Play 23
    Waratahs Played 23
    Brumbies Played 21
    Reds Played 19
    Chiefs Played 17
    Hurricanes Played 16
    Blues To Play 16
    Sharks To Play 12
    H'landers To Play 10
    Cheetahs To Play 9
    Lions To Play 3
    Force 0 1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    some combinations forming in the Backs, Bam and Brownie back, Shep reportedly back next week,
    I thought that Bart's game was above average as well tonight He had a couple of good runs and good offloads.

Overall well I think it might be an awesome second half of the 2010 season as well.

Champion
    vCash
    a few upsets and we will soon start to climb the ladder.... every game is a season decider from now on in

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    I thought that Bart's game was above average as well tonight He had a couple of good runs and good offloads.

Overall well I think it might be an awesome second half of the 2010 season as well.
    Hills positional kicking was crap i thought crossy and Inman held there own and manged to straighten the line up in periods
    JM will want to keep that combination now I would say?
    MOM Hodsie
    Inpressed with Justin Turner

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Hills positional kicking was crap i thought crossy and Inman held there own and manged to straighten the line up in periods
    JM will want to keep that combination now I would say?
    MOM Hodsie
    Inpressed with Justin Turner

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Our turnovers were a real worry.I will study the replay to find the culprits!

Champion
    vCash

Question

Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    Our turnovers were a real worry.I will study the replay to find the culprits!
    Ball retention when attacking can u look into this as well....!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Waiting for someone to bag Cross as he didn't actually have that great an impact however, I think he made the best of what came his way and had a pretty good defensive match.
    I'm someone will have laid the boots in by morning though.
    That said, I would still prefer to see #12 Stanners, #13 Inman for a match.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I must agree he was average in attack but his defence was good

The whole back line is standing to flat Not once did they receive the ball running. The day they stand deep is the day we will beat most teams in the comp with 4+ tries

Champion
    vCash
    I must agree he was average in attack but his defence was good

The whole back line is standing to flat Not once did they receive the ball running. The day they stand deep is the day we will beat most teams in the comp with 4+ tries
    yeh... the ball is not going infront of them I think Hill is the issue his distribution is suss as our number 9's are delivering good ball. I would like to see cropssy take it up with Inman on the inside league style

but hey what a match.... had a yarpie family behind us didnt know anything abiut the force but new everything about rugby!!!! bagged the ref the force and boy did i hold my breathe for 80 minutes but only to give them a mouth full after the drop goal poetry....!!!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    A Welsh guy behind me kissed my girlfriend in the excitement. Cheeky sod.

Now I am not normally a big player bagger (not Force ones anyway) and I actually did think he played ok but Crossy did let through Andries Bekker on that big run of his. If he wasn't so unco that one would definitely have ended in a try. I can understand a broken tackle but to not even tackle a big fat lumbing 120kg 208cm guy like that is just funny.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Rookie
    vCash
    Well done to the Force. I've just had time to watch my recording and it was a very good win. That droppie by Hill looked like a wounded duck when it left his boot but you don't get points for style and it made me jump out of my chair, which wasn't a great idea because I had a glass of wine in my hand at the time.

The boys from Capetown weren't at their best but whereas the Bulls last week were allowed to get back into the game in the 2nd half, the Force wouldn't let the Stormers get into any rhythm after oranges.

The Force will know it was a close run thing and that their opponents were off their feed, yet could have won. There was a lot of inexperience shown during the match and a few naive decisions were made. You cant do a lot about that but you can have a plan to whereby the attacking line doesn't run into the defensive line all the time like blowflies at a window pane.

The Force lack a few class backs but JOC was the genesis of the Force try and what he did should be copied. You have to make opponents hesitate to create a bit of space for your team mate running at a good angle. You also need more incursions around the rucks and have the faster guys feeding off the raiders.

The likes of McCalman have done well subbing in the absence of Brown and Pocock, but now the 3 Horsemen are back in the saddle I expect more runs up the guts and as defenders scramble over to them, more party time for the support players.

vCash
    Been a few weeks coming but the boys played the full 80 and knocked off the complacent Stormers - they looked like they thought beating us was a formality

Match Stats attached - we blitzed them all over the park. Especially pleasing were the Possession/Kicks/Rucks&Mauls stats. Whole team were committed (even Crossy mostly) Usual stars shone but additional mention to O'Young, Bart, Inman - welcome back BamBam and Brownie.

You've done us proud Team - look out the Highlanders!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Player
    vCash
    Return of Pocock definitley lifted the team. Confidence was up, nice combinations on the Force try. Is it just me or would you like to see the Force chip through and chase when in attack. Amazing Habana didn't get a try, only when they are delivered to him on a plate.

vCash
    Great to see JOC get one over Habana - he prides himself on defence and JOC showed him up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Grant View Post
    The Force lack a few class backs but JOC was the genesis of the Force try and what he did should be copied. You have to make opponents hesitate to create a bit of space for your team mate running at a good angle. You also need more incursions around the rucks and have the faster guys feeding off the raiders.
    That try was a great team effort but if any individual praise should go to anyone id give it to Inman who accelerated into the slight gap drawing 3 defenders and then bart switching his line and opening up another gap.

Sharpie and hodgson were the standouts in my mind, but couldnt really fault anybody's game too much. Happy Days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    Return of Pocock definitley lifted the team. Confidence was up, nice combinations on the Force try. Is it just me or would you like to see the Force chip through and chase when in attack. Amazing Habana didn't get a try, only when they are delivered to him on a plate.
    I agree about the chip through. Often hhere are big gaps behind a flat defence. When joc finally did chip it nearly put Inman in. Also keeps the defence guessing
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast