Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Senior Competition Ladder after round 3

vCash

The Senior Competition Ladder after round 3

Round 3 has come and gone, the ladder is showing a leader that might be a surprise to some but also shows who's currently doing the hard yards. Can Nedlands sustain this or have they just been lucky with the early draw. The top 3 teams have not lost a game yet with Nedlands getting 3 bonus points in 3 matches.

Looking at the form of Associates who is to face Nedlands in round four, then it might just be possible for Nedlands to go four out of four. With a Reserve grade that have also won all ther games it looks like Nedlands have the capability to actually be competitive for the whole season. Kalamunda and Cottesloe have similar strenths in their respective Reserve teams so it looks like we are in for a massively entertaining season. Well and then we have West and Perth at the bottom fighting not to be the wooden spooners.

rest here

Maybe Fulvio can give us a bit of an insight on what Pally is up to!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Palmyra is struggling, and while it has numbers in all grades, the talent is thin on the ground.

I expect we will beat Rockingham but it will not be convincing. We have a number of injuries, and so do Soaks, mostly as a result of incompetent refereeing, and that includes a pathetic display by a certain touch Judge.

We have temporarily lost our five eight and inside centre, and will struggle if the game is played through the backs. On the other hand, we have a couple of very powerful forward packs, and if we have a referee worthy of the name I can't see Rockingham taking control of the game.

I don't rate Nedlands or their legion of imports that highly, apart from one super player, and Kalamunda won't face any real opposition 'till they play Palmyra next Friday when they meet us at hopefully at least half strength. I think that will be sufficient to put them in their deserved place in the pecking order.

Cottesloe will romp it in against propless and hopeless University this week, Western Suburbs will have a convincing win against lowly cellar dwellers Perth, Kalamunda will dispose of Wanneroo, Sugar Daddy or not, and Nedlands will just scrape home against Soaks, provided Soaks recover from their Referee induced injuries, and if not, Nedland will win by a reasonable though unconvincing margin.

Last edited by fulvio sammut; 30-04-10 at 06:38.

vCash
    I think you will find Kala will remain in the top 3 year, we're back

GRAB YOUR MATE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KalaFan View Post
    I think you will find Kala will remain in the top 3 year, we're back
    and now with 25% more lats, FREE!!

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

Champion
    vCash
    Fulvio - please identify all the Neddies imports? Most of Premier side are in Mid Ninety club games and one about to get 150 Premier grade games. The super player you refer to is into his second season.....

vCash
    Send me a copy of your last first and second grade team sheets and the registration form for each player on them, and I'll be happy to oblige, Hansie.

Unlike Nedlands, we don't have automatic access to such information.

Rookie
    vCash
    .................and Paly do not have any/many imports!!

Champion
    vCash
    I don't have that with me but can fill you in as follows; In first 4 rounds of 2010 comp. One import from last season still with club as prop and captain. Hooker about to get 150 premier grade games this season, other front rower been with club 4 seasons. Second row in first 4 rounds of 2010 been with club since colts, both in mid nineties for club games, 3 of 4 back rowers in same position, one flanker into 3rd season, halfback, PG hampshire winner 3 years ago, No. 10 played 12 last year, No 12 in round 1 came from SOAKS, suspended in first game for 3 weeks, No 13 - absolute revelation - played a couple games Premier grade last year, dropped to reserve, got injured was out for second half of last season. Both wingers into 90 plus games for club, fullback is new, not an import but family came from NZ. On bench young James Dougall came up from Rocky, all other players on bench in past 3 rounds have more than 2 seasons with Neddies. Happy to confirm only import brought in at beginning of season is playing Reserve grade - we had shrinkage factor occur in the air with him. Can confirm 1 other from another club has not taken the field, due to injury but history suggests he should be in Premier grade sometime later in season. There you have it...I guess my definition of import is based on a newie for season 2010, corect me if I am wrong.

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

Reserve grade have the one shorter import, the rest of the team have all been in either Reserve, Under 20 or Third Grade last year.

vCash
    Mr Reds, who has suggested Palmyra has no imports? It's just the number thereof that has been exaggerated by others.

Personally I don't care where a player is from, imported or local, as long as he is better than the player he replaces.

With well over 300 juniors, and a huge investment of capital and time in them, it can hardly be suggested that Palmyra does less for local player development than any other club.

vCash
    Calm yOselves

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash
    I'm calm, Action man, I'm calm.

See you at the game next Friday night.

Rookie
    vCash
    Hansie, a couple of points of clarification:

Nedlands 2010 prop and captain is identical in looks to last years Wanneroo prop / captain. Is he not regarded as an import? Certainly not home grown. Or is poaching not counted?

James Dougall for the records is a talented but typically mercenary player who was touting himself to four clubs pre-season. He wanted a different job to his current one and certain "expenses". Presumably Nedlands won the bidding war. He also was offering one of the Tyrell boys from Rockingham as part of the "Dougal Package".

By no means am I saying that Nedlands are wholesale importers but there are two sides to many of these situations.

Rookie
    vCash
    Fulvio

Not unlike you dear fellow who makes many statements about clubs out there, many which lack substance and are based on rumour.

However, I am glad to see Paly doing their bit at the junior level- can only be good for rugby development here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    I'm calm, Action man, I'm calm.

See you at the game next Friday night.
    yeah boy, be a cold night down them ways hey?

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

Apprentice
    vCash
    "Nedlands 2010 prop and captain is identical in looks to last years Wanneroo prop / captain. Is he not regarded as an import? Certainly not home grown. Or is poaching not counted?"

No the Oracle you are misguided. While he may look like the Wanneroo captain of last year he is not that person. He came over from NZ last year and has not played for anyone but Neddies in Perth. Oh - he was not bought - he came over with his good mate a certain NZ prop at the Force.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast