Thread: Australians become the second nation to whitewash Kiwi sides in 2013

vCash

Australians become the second nation to whitewash Kiwi sides in 2013

Some interesting stats coming out of New Zealand....

James Mortimer - (15/04/2013) - http://www.superrugby.co.nz/s14news/22039/

Earlier in the Investec Super Rugby season, South Africa celebrated their best overall round against New Zealand sides in over a decade, and now the Australian teams have equalled a mark set twelve years ago, curiously the same time the Wallabies hosted and defeated the touring British and Irish Lions.

Fans in Australia will hope that this is setting a precedent, with New Zealand sides having won just one match in seven against their great rivals across the Tasman in Super Rugby competition.

Not only does this bode well for the Wallabies, with history pointing towards Super Rugby performance matching Test results, but there is another simple historical fact – the country that has hosted the famous tourists since 2001 has won either the Tri-Nations or The Investec Rugby Championship.

Coincidence and early results are no guarantee, but the Brumbies beat the Highlanders 30-19, the Reds knocked over the defending champions at home 31-23 win, while the Force continued their fine record over the seven time champions with a 16-14 win in Perth.

The only New Zealand team to be successful was the Blues, defeating the Hurricanes, while the only Australian team to be defeated was the Rebels, who suffered a final stage loss against the Kings, losing 30-27 after failing to hold their ten point lead.

Twelve years ago, the last time Australian franchises boasted such a round, was when the Wallabies whitewashed international rugby, winning the Lions series before winning both that season’s Tri-Nations and Bledisloe Cup.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Here's hoping history repeats itself

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    The all bliks are the pinnacle of rugby and will continue to be so untill someone comes along and bursts their confidence bubble. 7 good games against kiwi provincial teams does nothing to weaken the all bliks confidence and aura of invincibility, id say this is just kiwi media being kiwi media....

vCash
    The all bleks hev nivver lost bru, ut's food poisonuhng!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    These accusations have gone on for years and I'm sure they aren't all laid by the Blicks. I seem to remember something in the late 70's in the UK ( it may have been cricket ) but there was also something in SA again in the 70's and I'm pretty sure that was the ABs.
    There also may have been streakers and when there were they got tacked bya player not security and I doubt they ever did it again.
    I also seem to remember one in the UK in the late 90s or 00s who got really hammered. I'm sure on of you computer guys will find that hit!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    The all bleks hev nivver lost bru, ut's food poisonuhng!
    Or the rif

or the ball wasn't right

no Kiwi team has ever been outplayed on a level playing field in the history of rugby!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    These accusations have gone on for years and I'm sure they aren't all laid by the Blicks. I seem to remember something in the late 70's in the UK ( it may have been cricket ) but there was also something in SA again in the 70's and I'm pretty sure that was the ABs.
    There also may have been streakers and when there were they got tacked bya player not security and I doubt they ever did it again.
    I also seem to remember one in the UK in the late 90s or 00s who got really hammered. I'm sure on of you computer guys will find that hit!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Or the rif
    or the ball wasn't right
    no Kiwi team has ever been outplayed on a level playing field in the history of rugby
    !
    Speaking of which, I posted this in another thread. (As you guys already know)

I'm taken aback by the whingeing of Laurie Mains in this video (a coach I used to respect) and the sooking of Stu Wilson (actually he's always been a dick) and more worryingly, what may actually be delusion on the part of Murray Mexted, considering the same story was used for the 1995 RWC Final loss. I have to wonder if food-poisoning was happening to the All Blacks so often, why didn't the NZRFU make it public and take action after so many recurring incidents? After all, John Eales threatened to take the Wallabies off the field in the 1999 RWC Final after recurring eye-gougeing incidents!

Last edited by chibi; 17-04-13 at 15:26.

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    I wonder why they didn't make some substitutions in the warmup?

If 12 of the playing 15 had been throwing up for six hours on the night before the game, I'm sure the Ref would have allowed it!

Why is Mains bitching about the timing of the match, they agreed to play at that time. If they didn't like the timing so much why did they even turn up.

As for Wanker Wilson......he's just bitter that he wasn't smart enough to run a victory lap with a cup in his hands.

The whole country has a complex when it comes to the rugger and they have the IRB intimidated into allowing them to cheat, but nobody else!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote of the century I think:

"Both of us spint about sex hours n the toilet, et the same time."

CLASSIC

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Olly Barkley a couple of years back maybe?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash

Champion
    vCash
    Methinks the mighty Blacks winning record speaks for itself

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Methinks the mighty Blacks whingeing record speaks for itself
    Fixed it for ya westie

C'mon the