Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: He's back.....

vCash
    Grumbles trying to protect his ass over the whole, 'Giteau moving back to Canberra' fiasco....haha, 'feeble denials' apparently....he is basically saying Giteau won't stay coz the Force is apparently really average and the forwards are amongst the worst in the Super 14. Plus our back row is rubbish apparently...

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/n...760495620.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by BLR; 14-02-08 at 21:57.

vCash
    I really can't wait for the rugby to start this year....I was planning to post after watching Inside Rugby tonight about the crap that they threw around on there.....Force won't be better than mid table...Henjak's gone, he'll not play rugby again, Sharks will make mincemeat of Force, the packs shit, Waratahs for Semi finals, Reds to improve to 6th or so.....It seems they have one source here and that source is the tea leaves in the bottom of Greg Growden's morning coffee!

Giteau will stay at the Force because he's a leader in the team...that's what he wants, He'll be playing behind a pack which will give him more room than the vaunted Queensland pack which we embarrassed in the trial and with a classy backline outside him which is likely to ensure we're (if not the best performed Aussie side) top two at the business end of the season.

I can't see a team in Australia that is stronger, more balanced or better prepared for this season! let's start with the Sharks and use the Eastern States press for motivation!

Imagine the stories once we've beaten both the 'Tahs and the Reds......it'll either be steroids or match fixing!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah, I don't think the boys will have to search too hard for motivation before Australian fixtures this year!

With our record in the Republic I think I would just about prefer our first three matches than the other three have too!

Waratahs: Hurricanes H, Chiefs A, Highlanders A (Unlucky to get the second two in NZ, 1/3)
    Reds: Highlanders H, Hurricanes A, Brumbies H (If Round 1 on emotion maybe 1/3)
    Brumbies: Crusaders A, Highlanders H, Reds H (Fairly good, probably 2/3)

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    It seems they have one source here and that source is the tea leaves in the bottom of Greg Growden's morning coffee!
    Well if Grumbles has tea leaves in his coffee I think that's what needs some investigating right there

Defamation according to dictionary.com:' the act of defaming; false or unjustified injury of the good reputation of another, as by slander or libel; calumny.' Wikipedia goes on the state that the excessive stating of something to harm the reputation of an entity is defamation. I mean, this is slowly building up to a point where SMH can be sued for libel. Keep the stupid unresearched statements Grumbles, we're coming to get ya!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    It would appear Campo still has his head inserted fair up his own clacker too...

Western justice rules at Force

By David Campese
    February 15, 2008

THE Western Force have made one thing clear with their handling of the Matt Henjak case -- they obviously don't care about the image of the game.

The image coming out of Henjak belting a teammate and breaking his jaw is that rugby union is getting like rugby league.

And we don't want that.

That sort of thing used to happen in rugby league all the time, fighting among each other. That didn't happen in rugby union. The game has definitely changed.

What's very clear is that Henjak shouldn't be playing in the Forces' opening game.

Firstly, the Force shouldn't have even let him go on tour.

But after one of their own players has been belted and had his jaw wired shut by another player, for Force coach John Mitchell to say "it punishes the team to suspend him" -- that's absolute crap.

What the Force should have done is deal with it immediately.

They should have made Henjak apologise straight off the bat.

And if they don't end up tearing up his contract, then they must think about a long suspension and a heavy fine. Not $1500 -- whack him with $10,000 or $20,000 and it's actually going to hurt him in the back pocket and finally make him think about his actions.

The Force appear to be ignoring the ARU's wishes, but they have got to realise that if it wasn't for the ARU these guys wouldn't be playing rugby.

The joint is only two years old but they seem to have a player in the press every second week for all the wrong reasons.

The ARU went missing for a couple of years, but John O'Neill's back and that's a good step. I have never really seen eye to eye with O'Neill but I must say it's fantastic to see him being rock solid on discipline.

The image off the field is more important than on the field. No individual is bigger than the game.

In the old days, when we went on tour for Australia, you were an ambassador for your country. Off the field people judge you and who you represent.

But one of the biggest problems I find is a lot of these young guys have no life, they're only rugby players. They get so bored and get themselves into situations where this sort of thing happens.

Henjak has been in trouble before, obviously. There was the fact he was sent home from a Wallabies tour and there are other alleged incidents that have been hushed up.

It's amazing that he came out and said: "I've been to see special people about my problems and I'm happy now." Then he goes and breaks a teammate's jaw.

Unfortunately, he's come from Canberra where, over the years, they've had a less than golden off-field reputation. It began when a bunch of them ran amok in a taxi in South Africa. (Isn't Campo from the Canberra region???)

I don't know if it's a culture bred down in Canberra, but it's very frustrating to see a guy like Henjak behave the way he does.

In the end, it's no surprise he's not playing for Australia. He is obviously not good enough, he has a high opinion of himself and the Force aren't helping with their soft stance on his behaviour.

By letting Henjak play, they're allowing a guy to break someone's jaw and get away with it.

But With or without him, the Force will struggle to beat the Sharks at home.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bread View Post
    Well if Grumbles has tea leaves in his coffee I think that's what needs some investigating right there

Glad you noticed that Bread...it was deliberate!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Unfortunately, he's come from Canberra where, over the years, they've had a less than golden off-field reputation.(Isn't Campo from the Canberra region???)
    Full name David Ian Campese
    Date of birth October 21, 1962 (1962-10-21) (age 45)
    Place of birth Queanbeyan, New South Wales, Australia

Full name Matt Henjak
    Date of birth November 25, 1981 (1981-11-25) (age 26)
    Place of birth Queanbeyan, New South Wales, Australia

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Great work Burgs......anyone got Campo's email address so we can send that little gem of information to him?!

Obviously Henjak got his thick ear AFTER he broke Haig's jaw......quite some guy that Haig....he could've still traveled to SA with the squad if he's up to that sort of stuff with a bust jaw.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Too bad nobody's managed to wire Campo's jaw shut.

There would be a very long list of those who have wanted to over the years.

vCash
    I can send an associate around to break his fingers as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2