Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How bad is ARU site??

vCash
    Which one?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    reckon I should start an Australian rugby site? or perhaps one with an entire Southern Hemisphere focus?
    As well as you'd do it coach, I don't think I want to share your skills.

The need as much help as they can get at the moment, everyone else in Australia is bleating the party line....this is the only place I can find SUPPORTERS! I don't want that watered down!

C'mon the

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    reckon I should start an Australian rugby site? or perhaps one with an entire Southern Hemisphere focus?
    YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!

Should concentrate at first on anything involving Australian teams. Anything would be better then the ARU site. But here is a sample of what I'd like to see.

1) Lots of statistics. They never have any on the ARU site. Information on tackles, line breaks, penalties etc..etc...this information should be available within a day or two of each game. You should be able to sort it by each team, or league wide. Also when you go to a players bio screen it should have all his career statistics. Right now on the ARU site you are lucky if they give you the number of caps and points.

2) Information on lineups and injuries. Find me on the ARU website where it says that Pelessasa and Hilgendorf are injured, it doesn't. When you click on a team it should list all the injuries and estimated return time. I know teams aren't always up front about their minor injuries, but we all know when a guy is going to miss two or three weeks.

3) Game previews. We are just over 5 hours from kickoff of the first game and the ARU site still doesn't have a single mention of there even being games this weekend. All they have is the list of games on the right hand side of the screen with kickoff times. The main article is about the Adelaide 7's.

vCash
    Can we exclude the Tahs? It can be called 'No Tahs Allowed' with a big cross against a picture of Lote....

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    http://www.NotTheTahs.com ? Nah - gotta include the 'tahs, who else we gonna laugh at?

That's a lot of work there Gustafsl I'd need to get some dedicated folk to help!

SARugby.com leave us to shame in regards to stats - have a look at :http://www.sarugby.com/news/Stats_Centre/tid=39.html for detail Western Force stats

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash

That's a lot of work there Gustafsl I'd need to get some dedicated folk to help!
    That was basically a list of what I think should be on the ARU site. Obviously someone running their own site probably wouldn't have the time or resources to be able to have all of that information up to date all the time. But I would have thought a multi-million dollar organisation in charge of running the sport in this country would have a better website then they do.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    So you're sure I should do this?

vCash
    What sorta dedication (and what skills would be involved)?

vCash
    ARU Appoints Singleton Ogilvy & Mather Group Sydney

Australian Rugby Union today appointed leading advertising agency Singleton Ogilvy & Mather Group Sydney for 2008 and beyond.

The appointment was finalised at ARU Headquarters in Sydney this afternoon and will see Singleton Ogilvy & Mather Group Sydney partner with ARU in developing the strategic and creative direction of the sport.

ARU Head of Marketing & Corporate Partnerships Matt Brand said ARU had undertaken an extensive selection process and was looking forward to working with Singleton Ogilvy & Mather Group Sydney in reconnecting with the rugby fans around the country.

“Re-engaging the hearts and minds, particularly with our passionate fans, and reinforcing our position in rugby heartland is critical for the future success of rugby union,” Mr Brand said.

“We undertook an agency pitch process whereby we briefed five of the top agencies in Australia and are delighted that Singleton Ogilvy & Mather Group Sydney will be our agency for 2008 and beyond.

“The positioning they presented will provide a platform for rugby union to operate under, from the jewel in the rugby crown - the Qantas Wallabies - right through to the very important grassroots of the game.”

Singleton Ogilvy & Mather Group Sydney Managing Director Andrew Varasdi said his organisation was excited to be working with one of Australia’s most recognisable brands.

“We are absolutely thrilled at the opportunity to partner with ARU and work on what is undoubtedly the nation’s most iconic sporting brand and code,“ Mr Varasdi said.

“To win this opportunity through a hotly contested strategic and creative pitch process gives us great confidence and momentum for 2008.”

rugby.com.au | ARU Appoints Singleton Ogilvy & Mather Group Sydney

maybe this will help change it, not sure if a advertising group would also take care of the website though.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    ahhh.....jobs for the boys...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    We undertook an agency pitch process whereby we briefed five of the top agencies in Australia and are delighted that Singleton Ogilvy & Mather Group Sydney will be our agency for 2008 and beyond.
    And just how many of these 5 agencies were based OUTSIDE Sydney?

Last edited by JediKnight; 15-02-08 at 23:53.
    CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    how many are not close personal friends....one of whom was instrumental in you getting the job with soccer australia

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
    And just how many of these 5 agencies were based OUTSIDE Sydney?
    well to be realistic, all of the biggest advertising firms are probably based in Sydney.

vCash
    Sydney is the advertising capital of Oz, but it shouldn't matter where the company is based.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    well to be realistic, all of the biggest advertising firms are probably based in Sydney.
    You're not going to start bringing FACTS into the argument now are you TOCC?

Unfortunately, I'd say you are correct....but the nepotism/jobs for the boys argument still stands!

C'mon the

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2