Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GITS CONFUSED

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    Yeap - John Mitchell said strongly that we need Corners - then rugbyWa went quite and seemed to go for the multipurpose stadium
    the RugbyWA press statement was more bemused than accepting TQ1, it basically said, this is the stadium we're getting so we'll work to make the rectangle as good as we can get it!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Hey Queer

Pretty surprised you and fellow force nuts havent worked out why gits and a few others arent signing on.

Remember who pays all the third party payments for Gits and some of the other players? Yes, its Firepower. Been reading the news in Sydney about Firepower pulling out of all their sponsorships and the Kings owner, Firepower Boss time Johnstone, driving everyone nuts and now wanting out of the Kings?

Pretty obvious isnt it? Firepower look like they're renegging on their third party payments to force players and now the force players aint happy. Thats all the talk in Sydney and it appears right. Hey, cant blame gits. I wouldnt be happy if I was promised $400k a year in third party deals and now there not working out.

Its a theory and lots or people thinking its the same. Perhaps its the reason O'Meara got the boot from the force? he lured all the players to perth with dodgy deals and now they're falling over?

Word in Syd mate is that Pocock is def going back to Brisbane. He's very good mates with Mooney. And Mooney is a very good bloke and coach.

Cheers boys.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tahbar View Post
    Hey Queer

Pretty surprised you and fellow force nuts havent worked out why gits and a few others arent signing on.

Remember who pays all the third party payments for Gits and some of the other players? Yes, its Firepower. Been reading the news in Sydney about Firepower pulling out of all their sponsorships and the Kings owner, Firepower Boss time Johnstone, driving everyone nuts and now wanting out of the Kings?
    thats pretty much what i read somewhere

vCash
    Hey Queer

Pretty obvious isnt it? Firepower look like they're renegging on their third party payments to force players and now the force players aint happy. Thats all the talk in Sydney and it appears right. Hey, cant blame gits. I wouldnt be happy if I was promised $400k a year in third party deals and now there not working out.

Its a theory and lots or people thinking its the same. Perhaps its the reason O'Meara got the boot from the force? he lured all the players to perth with dodgy deals and now they're falling over?

Word in Syd mate is that Pocock is def going back to Brisbane. He's very good mates with Mooney. And Mooney is a very good bloke and coach.

Cheers boys.

Maybe an ex financial controller stuffed up their payments in the first place.

vCash
    Firstly, I don't want Pocock to go East! Western Force helped developed him into such a good player and I think he somewhat owes it to the Force to stay a bit longer, but I can understand if he chooses to go to the Reds and he will be missed.

Next, I had forgotten about Firepower giving RugbyWA the flick in terms of sponsorship. That's going to leave a gap on the jerseys!! I can understand that this would cause issues for the players and is reason enough, in my mind, for them to hold off signing. Obviously they don't want to be dealt a crap offer after they were on such a good initial offer. Hopefully a big WA company will step up to the plate now and offer sponsorship. That way they get the benefit of sponsoring a WA side & RugbyWA gets the benefit of keeping players. I would love for a mining company to put an offer on the table, obviously ET Mining are already on board but there are plenty of other big companies in the state.

Apprentice
    vCash
    mate, who knows. Just an innocent post. Would be a shame for gits to leave perth and return to the Brums. He's wasting his talent there.

My guess is gits will stay but not sure about shep and pocock. Can cover shep i reckon though.

vCash
    $400,000 a year? Even my sauces cant find that.

Do you know any more tahbar? Got any copies of contracts you want to share?

Apprentice
    vCash
    mate, you musnt read papers. Take it easy. No drama

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    mate, you musnt read papers. Take it easy. No drama
    we dont get newspapers over here. we get overbloated advertising catalogues with some scraps of non-advertising in them.

vCash
    Yes we do check out really good pieces from Gerard Ryle....

He is our hero.

vCash
    But his Sauces are a bit dodgy.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Yeah, I've heard that Stokes wants to buy the West. That is a crap paper I must admit. At least you dont have to read growdy every day. He loves the tahs one day, then bags us the next. herald seem to write too much about britney these days and more interesting stuff like that.

Daily tel is ok for news. Check that rag out. Bit of a tabloid but their rugby news is pretty good.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash

Cheers boys.
    I must have missed the part where it was established that if it was the 'word in Sydney' it must be true.

There is so much conjecture that you really can't ensure that any of what you're saying is whats happening. Even if Gits doesn't get all of the $400k its still more than what the Brumbies can offer him. Yeah you'd be pissed off but with the sponsor not the club. Chances are the Force can still table the best offer the Giteau both financially and with incentives like captaincy, security of the coach (Mitchell is signed until 2011 while McKenzie is gone and Fisher is probably going the same way) and playing for a team that probably has the brightest future in the competition thus far.

As for Pocock 'def going back to Brisbane' thats a strong possibility but so is the possibility that he stays. John Mitchell is a good bloke and coach and it wouldn't surprise me if Mitchell and Pocock are also very good mates or as much so as Pocock and Mooney. But in Mitchell, Pocock has a back-row mentor and world class coach who will give him that edge in winning a Wallaby jersey that Mooney probably can't.

Each one of them has got to be at least a 50/50 or better chance of staying with the Force.

vCash
    My thing has always been as a supporter to wait and see what happens. If a player is keen to do one thing or another then its not up to me, its up to them. I dont know why you show up trying to be the prophet of doom. Whether or not Gits, Pocock etc etc resign with the Force is up to them. They could be apart of a winning stable club or the could head to the capital of negative rugby at moore park in the tahs. The Reds if they keep playing the kids will be a good side in a few years likewise with the Brumbies. The Force have done the hard yards with a young side, and there will probably be more of such hard yards, hard work.

You must get ROUND alot to know this stuff mate. Im sick of doom and gloom predictions comming out of the Eastern states, specificly Sydney.

Rant over. Did any of that make any sense?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Plenty of sense. This is a bad time for any club to be focusing on any problems but their own. I like that Queensland, not that they had a lot of choice, were brave enough to say to Phil Mooney that you've got a couple of years just to get us back on track and that as long as the team was showing signs of improvement and the leg work was being done then they weren't going to apply the blowtorch to him. Saying that it does worry me slightly that the force that repelled all of Queenslands young talent over the last three or four years will draw them all back once the team starts getting strong again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast