Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Force vs Reds

vCash
    Calm down people. We all know The Force played shit but let us not get carried away now. Do you think that the Reds would have been able to do what they did today if all their supporters ran away when the going got tough!! What kind of sportsmen(woman) will just abandon ship because of a loss like that
    I know it stinks but we as supporters can't run away now, the force needs us now more than ever before.

Just my 2 cents worth

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    So what do you think the Force will do to overcome these negative tactics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YOTC View Post
    Faith? They killed it with their negative rugby.

I've been a Geelong (AFL) member all my life. I know what it takes to stick it out. But you've got to enjoy watching them. When you start booing penalty decisions your way then you know it's time to give up on a team.
    You should be watching the game for the love of rugby union not just for a team you support. I am sure you enjoyed watching Geelong lose game after game before they finally game good because 1) you enjoy watching AFL and 2) they are your team. The force won't miss your membership because members such as yourself are not welcome.

vCash
    am completely devasted - wanted my first Force Tour to be to the finals - until tonight I thought we would make it to.

Injury Toll was heavy to:
    Drew a bad knock to the head and arm- really closed his game down
    Hocking shoulder- he was in real pain
    Sare Ankle - could be season finisher
    Horua-left leg
    AJ - whatever it was he had to go off
    Brownie don't know didn't come on second half

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    A few glasses tonight - and we will pick ourselves up in the morning - would prefer not to watch a game like that in a hurry again -but I've been married long enough to know that sometimes it needs to get ugly before you really appreciate you have made the right choice in the first place.

Happy Drinking Peps

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I'm pissed off. I travelled the length of the country to see that. I'm not going to chuck my membership. I'm not that soft
    That's okay. Hardly the point.

You obviously enjoy watching the Force play, I never really did. Sure there we exciting heart stoppers but I was usually angry anyway.

I've always been mad at the way we've played rugby, has nothing to do with winning or losing.

All this season I was waiting for this game. This game would tell me if the Force had the capacity to play the kind of rugby that excites me. I was never sure whether we were just holding back or whether it was the style of rugby.

Tonight confirmed it. Yes granted there were plenty of injuries however the Force were just negative from the first minute.

I don't stay in "relationships" I hate.

Gareth Hardy - The All Rounder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big I View Post
    I started a thread

What went wrong - Western Force Rugby Supporters Site

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big I View Post
    I don't know, that's the problem, I don't know if they can turn it around this season...they need thier forwards to harden up if they want a chance.

The last world cup showed, in the case of England, that negative rugby will almost always overcome attractive rugby if implemented correctly. We need some hard bastards who will secure our scrum first off, and will act as hatchet men, get the enemy fearing us...we are still seen as extremely beatable by the Aussie teams at least. Also I think we need to be shown how to finish off our opportunities, the past two games we have had ample opportunities to score but the opposign teams have downgraded our chances by giving away a penalty, we need to learn to finish. We haven't scored in the last two games and our leading try scorer has only four tries....that isn't impressive for the best backline in Australia....

We are well and truely rooted this season but the simple fact is Rome wasn't built in a day and at the moment I think our team could be likened to a little version of Chelsea in the English Premier League. We have great players but I don't know whether we work good enough as a team or have enough passion to do the hard yards. I am hoping once the West Aussies get a run in the team the true pride and passion will come out, the fans feel it, but the players? I suspect it's just another job despite what they say.....no ticker for most of the season....

vCash
    OK I'm not going to do a Chook and ram that loss down your throat, but I really object to this inference that the Reds played English style negative rugby. It was 3 tries to 0 FFS and the Reds were pushing hard for the bonus point try at the death.

Comiserations guys - go have a drink, life goes on - but don't re-write history.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YOTC View Post
    All this season I was waiting for this game. This game would tell me if the Force had the capacity to play the kind of rugby that excites me. I was never sure whether we were just holding back or whether it was the style of rugby.

Tonight confirmed it. Yes granted there were plenty of injuries however the Force were just negative from the first minute.

I don't stay in "relationships" I hate.
    Not a rugby man I suspect, did you read my post?

Camping out in the oppositions 22, not giving up the ball but not really doing anything with it is negative tactics, that's what the Reds did....we didn't get any ball to play negatively. The ball doesn't just magically pop up into our hands because we will it, rugby is a hard game and when you have a superior forward pack up against you the only ball you will most likely get is if they stuff it up or if you get a turnover, they didn't often get it to thier backs so it was a matter or waiting until they coughed it up. Yet that'd lead to a scrum which we were monstered in....now....how is that us playing negatively, because we didn't let them run through us and score so we could get kick the ball off from the midfield?

Did you see the Forces backline plays when they got thier hands on it....where is the negativity there?

vCash
    i get annoyed when people start saying how shit they played and crap about there attitude when you just watched it on the tv and think you know everything. I would listen to nathan sharpe or one of the players say the force played crap because he accually plays rugby and he knows what was going on.

Its very easy to say things like that sitting down eating a pie from your house 1000ks away.

If you have ever played a game of rugby you should know that sometimes when you arnt playing as well as you should or something is not right then the team does stupid things and it doesnt look great.

I think the reds were the better team tonight, the forwards seemed to play better and the reds 9 and 10 outplayed o'young and mckay. Its not their fault they just got outplayed. Berrick barnes had a great game, his kicking kept the force on the back foot and in there own half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    OK I'm not going to do a Chook and ram that loss down your throat, but I really object to this inference that the Reds played English style negative rugby. It was 3 tries to 0 FFS and the Reds were pushing hard for the bonus point try at the death.

Comiserations guys - go have a drink, life goes on - but don't re-write history.
    England score tries too, what I meant by the comment is that you rightly used your forwards to absolutely kill us, I mean, in the second half what were the stats of the Reds in our 22 with the ball in hand?

It was a good tactic, take it as a compliment, you played an effective tactic and showed yet another way to beat the Force.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renae View Post
    You should be watching the game for the love of rugby union not just for a team you support. I am sure you enjoyed watching Geelong lose game after game before they finally game good because 1) you enjoy watching AFL and 2) they are your team.
    Love of Rugby Union. When teams like England and South Africa are successful at rugby, it's hard to love.

The 2nd point. I enjoy watching AFL when the team plays quick moving footy. Flooding in AFL really makes me hate the game but fortunately that is being phased out. Geelong never resorted to that form of footy (thankfully) and my interest in AFL stayed up. Because I wasn't bored or angry, win or lose.

It's like how I enjoy watching cricket when the captain brings his fielders around the bat and gets the fast bowlers on to knock the batsmen's block off. Good positive cricket. Good positive Footy. And good positive Rugby.

It's like the Wallabies. I don't support them because I don't like them, but I would never go for another team.

Gareth Hardy - The All Rounder.

vCash
    If you don't like Rugby Union, the Wallabies or the Force then what are you doing in a pro-Western Force Rugby Union forum.

I have nothing against you personally, so please dont get offended or be insulted, but we love Rugby Union & the Force and that's why we're hear. No half-a$$ed efforts from us, watch til the end and always have faith. If you don't then thats fine but we're all about Western Force Rugby Union here so feel free to leave if you don't want to be a part of that.

Last edited by laura; 18-04-08 at 22:32. Reason: spelling

vCash
    Rugby gets ugly sometimes YOTC and its part of the game.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast