Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Always look on the bright side of life....

vCash
    No, that was funny so no 'lambasting' from me!
    FT probably would say it to their face...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The Force had enough ball and territory to put the Reds to bed in the first half. I was disappointed that they took a shot at goal when Shitofski was binned. They had the reds on the ropes and down to 14 players. No fortitude and fortune favours the brave. That was the last time they scored points in the game.
    The second half was disappointing. The injuries came late in the game after the momentum had swung. The momentum swung because Crofty was putting his melon on the line and destroying us at the breakdown. he pilfered a lot of our ball when we were building momentum. The wheels fell off and we got hit with some injuries. The Queenslanders didn't know how to put us away because they are toilet but we beat ourselves in the end. A total lack of determination at the breakdown lead to the demise. The folding scrum didn't help. AJ hurt a heartilage. As a former redman I can say whatever I like about AJ. He's a big tart. He knows what I'm talking about. Learn to scrummage or go back to the backrow. Why is Australian rugby full of elite level props that can't scrum? It's a disgrace. The girly under 19 laws where you can't push are to blame. A few necks have to be broken in juniors for us to be a world force. If you don't like it don't play it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselhead View Post
    No fortitude and fortune favours the brave.
    On a side note 'fortune favours the bold' is what my surname means, so you earn cred in my books for using that!

A few necks have to be broken in juniors for us to be a world force.
    As for this statement, it is more likely to pur kids off if they think this is what you have to aquire before you can make the big time. That's taking it too far, but the sentiment of them having to learn how to 'go hard or go home', I agree with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post

As for this statement, it is more likely to pur kids off if they think this is what you have to aquire before you can make the big time. That's taking it too far, but the sentiment of them having to learn how to 'go hard or go home', I agree with.
    It's a contact sport. The last thing I want is to see kids getting hurt. Under 19's are men and they are the near future of our elite teams. They have to learn how to play the game. We are falling behind at a crucial stage of our players development. Rugby is a hard, uncompromising, physically intimidating game. Until we start selecting kids that cut the mustard, we will get towelled at junior and national levels. I went to Junior rugby the other day and there was this mouri kid that was going in really hard at the breakdown. He was outstanding. He got sent off for being too rough. His crime was going in hard to get the ball and cleaning out.

vCash
    It's a contact sport. The last thing I want is to see kids getting hurt. Under 19's are men and they are the near future of our elite teams. They have to learn how to play the game. We are falling behind at a crucial stage of our players development. Rugby is a hard, uncompromising, physically intimidating game. Until we start selecting kids that cut the mustard, we will get towelled at junior and national levels. I went to Junior rugby the other day and there was this mouri kid that was going in really hard at the breakdown. He was outstanding. He got sent off for being too rough. His crime was going in hard to get the ball and cleaning out.
    I grew up playing the Tongans, Maori, Samoan and Fijians. I weighed 80kg at 15, and I was far from being the same size as those guys. Didn't hurt me. Well it did. A lot. But it did mean you weren't afraid of tackling, going into the ruck. I never played prop, so I don't feel free to comment, but I think that "dumbing" down rugby can actually cause more injuries, not less. Maybe better administration can prevent the really big mismatches. It happens in AFL, League as well for the record.

vCash
    At the end of the day all we want to see is our team "The Force" nutting it out for the whole 80 minutes win or lose.

The backs are just there to look pretty

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Careful, you'll get a warning fom the mods. No hair jokes please
    Laura will also lambast you for not saying it to their faces.
    I'd say it to their faces, no problem.

Anything I type on this site I'd say face to face.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    I'd say it to their faces, no problem.

Anything I type on this site I'd say face to face.
    Laura will be handing out medals on Monday. I'll see you get a recommendation

vCash
    its pretty grim to watch the match again. But on the bright side, we got to see a star of the future in jame o'connor. He was exciting and really made the most of his debut.

Which brings me to the next point of all the injuries. Horua has been carrying an injury for quite a while and not surprising to see him out. Hockings will come out on top and still play cos he's as hard as nails. And Sare, well, we did well without him at the start, so i think it really doesnt matter. it gives cummins another chance to step up.

I'd love to see a O'Young, Giteau, O'Connor combination. I think that would be really exciting. i'd wet my pants with excitement to watch this. The chiefs are a very exciting, fast paced running side. Very much like the stormers. So i think we need the most mobile and creative backline we can have. I still think the force might have an outside chance of the finals, but not gonna be putting any money on it.

vCash
    ....they have non contested scrums in under 19's?

vCash
    . Why is Australian rugby full of elite level props that can't scrum? It's a disgrace. The girly under 19 laws where you can't push are to blame. A few necks have to be broken in juniors for us to be a world force. If you don't like it don't play it
    I totally agree that Australian rugby has a problem with scrumming. Just look at our Aus 1st XVfront row. There is still a long way to go before we reach england's standards. it's all to do with the grassroots level. If we dont train them well in techniques in the junior levels, then its all going to a waste. But the problem is that a lot of coaches in the juniors tend to be backs and loose forwards, thus no idea whatsoever about scrumming. all they teach their kids is the safety aspect and just push hard. There needs to be a better system in the community level in order to improve our scrums. If we start it young, its gonna be a bright outlook for australian rugby scrums in the future.
    The force do have a weak scrum. But with the new ELVs, it might do them a little good to have trimmer props. Hardy is a very very light prop but he still has time to develop into something big. Takiari is another Al Baxter and AJ is another dunning, but both not as good as their counterparts. Give them all sometime and im sure they will step up.

lastly, im not too sure what u mean, but i think, and Ecky can correct me if im wrong, U19 laws still can have contested scrums where they push. The only difference is the 1.5m rule and 45 degrees wheeling. Other than that, all aspects of the scrum is similar. And i feel your comment on having a few necks being broken is really insensitive. these injuries have ended careers and even caused people to become paralysed. Ben Darwin, scrums collapse in 2003 world cup, which led to his career ending and leading to depression, divorce and his life going down the drain.(read the latest edition of inside rugby) I know a while back, some guy in Cottesloe broke his neck in a scrum and he's now forever paralysed waist down. And also in NSW, a kid injured his neck while scrumming, and has to spend the rest of his life being confined to a wheelchair. I don't know if you're a front row, but scrumming is an artform, and not done safely, could lead to bad injuries.
    I get the gist of what you're saying, how everyone should HTFU. But as a coach, referee and player, i think they should do it safely. thats what RugbyWA is doing now, but having every referee and coach undergo a Smart Rugby course to make sure everyone knows the the importance and dangers of scrumming and be able to safely handle it. Rugby is my life, but i would never want to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair just because i wanted to prove myself in a scrum. If any coach thinks like you, i think he deserves to have his accreditation taken away and not be allowed to coach junior rugby.

vCash
    crispin roberts aka 'the mole within rugbywa' broke his neck playing for cottesloe 2nd grade. is a good friend of mine and former teammate. sucks to see him in a wheelchair, one of the truly good people. if you read this crashpan its me farmboy. you know who

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I think a good part of it is who is becoming the props. I mean in Australia its underrated and anyone with talent ends up playing a different position like hooker so we end up left with the best of the saggy meatloaves to choose from. What we need to do is provide financial incentives for young props coming into union and also get talent scouts to find some tough as nails, agenda of rage young guys who are very, very big and importantly strong.

Andrew Sheridan used to be a lock and you have to wonder what someone of James Horwill's size and aggression, but perhaps 10-15cm shorter, would do as a tight-head. But once again someone like him would rather be a backrower or a lock because there is more for him to do and they will get paid more for it.

vCash
    I blame the Health Department. All this healthy eating crap, where are the fat kids going to come from??

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Laura will be handing out medals on Monday. I'll see you get a recommendation
    Go pluck your eyebrow and stop looking at your cousin like that.

Posted via space

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast