Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: wallabies jumpers from last night

vCash
    We'll soon be finding out won't we...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Brother Gallagher I hear you

vCash
    Call me a cynic, but I'd give James O'Connor sufficient minutes off the bench in the Ireland Test to ensure he is disqualified from playing for New Zealand or South Africa.

Tai's playing for the Force again next year, the big fella confirmed it himself on Friday night. (Good work Stone Cold). Considering he's already played Test match Rugby, he'd have to be in with a pretty good chance for the Wallabies squad.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Call me a cynic, but I'd give James O'Connor sufficient minutes off the bench in the Ireland Test to ensure he is disqualified from playing for New Zealand or South Africa.
    I always thought Australia A was considered enough to disqualify someone to other areas?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Of course. I didn't meant to be pendantic I just wanted an excuse to whinge about the forward pass. Haha.

Word I hear is that O'Connor is a dead cert to get a run with Australia A. Since the Junior World Cup and the Pacific Nations Cup overlap a bit in June it'll probably be a case of players like Toomua and O'Connor who are too young for the JWC getting a run with the bigger boys.
    how the hell does news about the aussie a side reach england before the teams even close to being named?
    that aside .... im pretty sure aussie a representation excludes you from other countries but so too does the 7s games he played a month ago so thats no worries

my moneys on o'connor playing aussie a off the bench. you gotta remember hes not yet 18 or finished growing fully so getting bashed around by islanders with international experience might not be good for him long term just yet. we want him to be around for 2011, 2015 and 2019

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nearthtop View Post
    how the hell does news about the aussie a side reach england before the teams even close to being named?
    that aside .... im pretty sure aussie a representation excludes you from other countries but so too does the 7s games he played a month ago so thats no worries

my moneys on o'connor playing aussie a off the bench. you gotta remember hes not yet 18 or finished growing fully so getting bashed around by islanders with international experience might not be good for him long term just yet. we want him to be around for 2011, 2015 and 2019
    I read it somewhere saying that since he can't play in the JWC he'll definitely be given time for Australia A- I'll see if I can find it again. But yeah probably from the bench. I don't think an islander bashing in any worse than the ones he's seen from Ma'a Nonu, Tyrone Smith and Stirling Mortlock. Don't forget Kurtley Beale played Aus A last year at 19 and while James O'Connor will be almost 18 he seems to handle the pressure better than Beale.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Ok, I've found it. Here is the link: Force and Brumbies fringe players have a chance to impress | The Australian

And the quote:
    But rookie Force inside centre James O'Connor, a future Wallaby, is certain to play for Australia A this year.

I know its only Bret Harris who's written is but I'd take his word on it. I'd happily lay down all my Vcash on it.

vCash
    i just hope he doesn't get overexposed too early as a 12 or 15 year career could end up being cut down to 8 or 10. he got playing time late this season for 3 main reasons : injuries, potential and to help with his re-signing. Even that was only 3 games, he would have been rested shortly im sure the same way bam bam was in his first year.
    having him bashed around by international level players every week concerns me, i just hope hes playing time is managed properly this early into his career.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah too much too soon could be bad. Its a crying shame he wasn't allowed to play for the U20 team. Ahh well theres always next year and the year after.

vCash
    Maybe that is one of the reasons for staying here in Perth with John Mitchell - Bam Bam's career was well managed in his first year with an enforced rotation - suited both Bam Bam and the team.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    i spent the weekend watching both Oz games on Foxtel in detail, and here is my big call for the 22
    1: Robinson
    2: Moore
    3: Henderson
    4: Pusey
    5: Sharpe
    6: Waugh
    7: Smith
    8: Palu
    9: O'Young
    10: Giteau
    11: Mitchell
    12: Staniforth
    13: Mortlock
    14: Tuqiri
    15: Sheps
    16: Cowan
    17: Trestle
    18: Freier
    19: Brown
    20: Barnes
    21: Gerard
    22: Ashley Cooper

Pick it to pieces

vCash
    I reckon since the Force won the entire team should be in the Wallabies.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Basically any Force players would be an asset for the Tahs.

For mine, Pek has added mongrel to our pack and is worthy of a bench spot. It would just like Robbie to bring Rabbit into the squad, Sharpie is a cert as is Shep after that performance, Bam Bam at 6 sounds good and Browny should be in the mix as well, not to mention Gits. Drew id fir should be considered, but I think Spanner has missed the boat this time.

Tatupu should get an A call up, he has been impressive in defence and attack, he'll be joined by Crossy and Hockings (if fit) and perrhaps Wykes who has also instilled a bit of mongrel as well.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Thanks Chook..about time you gave credit where due.

I would like to think what JOC needs is a little more time to mature and prove he's not a one-hit wonder. Two games of S14 rugby have been encouraging however this should not be the basis for an early call-up. A full season of consistent performances is what is needed for a legitimate call-up to the seniors including Australia A, unless they are extremely low on numbers and desperate.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    I reckon since the Force won the entire team should be in the Wallabies.
    That's just crazy talk Chook!

We need a Scrumhalf from somewhere....

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Burgess then. He'd be an asset at the Force.

JO'C will probably have the Lachie Turner syndrome next season unfortunately. Its seems to be unavoidable. As long as his hair stays cool, he will be ok. Turners is a joke.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast