Thread: Ten set to unveil 24-hour sports channel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    My attempt at humour regarding thie Aussie dollar
    And look what you did, starrted a bunfight

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Now the stadium issue you were more correct in your read of my thoughts. I admire the passion that many on this site have had in their fight. They are doing alot more than I ever would and won't accept "That's just a fact of living here" excuse. On the other hand I laugh at others who believe the excuses that the politicians are telling you why they can't and how they feel it would actually be a win to upgrade MES. From the little I know about the issue I would think an upgrade to MES is not a win and that in years to come the politicians will have many more excuses why they can't build a new stadium but very few why they should.
    I never said upgrading MES was a win....I remember saying several times that upgrading MES is not the best thing for WA rugby (when having it out with Burgs is my most recent memory of it) What I believe is that Upgrading MES is ALL WE'LL EVER GET from this or any other government! and upgrading MES is better than staying at Subi.....that's all.

I still believe that what RugbyWA ACTUALLY need is a 35,000 seat rectangle built from the ground up.......if you know somebody who'd like to provide that, give them my number, I'd like to talk!

Sorry to sound touchy Larry, but I have been pretty plain about that point, and I want to make sure that that point of view is out there and obvious.

Can we get back to topic now?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf1 View Post
    And look what you did, starrted a bunfight
    yeah but I don't care

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    yeah but I don't care

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I never said upgrading MES was a win...
    I never said you did. I would've put you in the first part of my statement. Do you have a guilty conscience? Do you actually believe the politicians?

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Can we get back to topic now?
    Sure, I belive it won't be long before both of our dollars are stronger!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    I do understand that it's your only choice Shasta.
    Staying off topic for a little longer. And this is more a friendly discussion than a bunfight, Elf.

That was anywhere from $1500 to $10,000+ for that you have the right to buy the season tickets every year.

That coupled with long waiting list positions that go into deceased estates is not a desired outcome for us. Some here are upset at the possibility that a few thousand may end up on a waiting list. Little wonder wealthy owners will invest with guarantees like that.

They are doing alot more than I ever would and won't accept "That's just a fact of living here" excuse.
    I'm one who's put a little effort there too. You've used the "fact" part out of context, Larry. It was in reference to economies of scale and corporations investing in infrastructure. Not government investment. But those things point to why government has to step in and provide/subsidise projects here more than seems to be the case in the US.

On the other hand I laugh at others who believe the excuses that the politicians are telling you why they can't and how they feel it would actually be a win to upgrade MES. From the little I know about the issue I would think an upgrade to MES is not a win and that in years to come the politicians will have many more excuses why they can't build a new stadium but very few why they should.
    I'm pretty sure most of us treat our politicians with complete scepticism, that's why we got started. We didn't believe what they were saying about the logistics of the Multi Purpose Option or it's governance. None of us think MES is a win. The politicians don't even want to upgrade MES. So apart from voting them out next time in favour of the alternate government, who don't want to build a stadium either, we can either upgrade 8's riot to a revolution or keep plugging for the best possible outcome.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    we can either upgrade 8's riot to a revolution
    Perhaps it's time to revisit that option

vCash
    And even if we vote them out we only have the option of returning the tossers back into power who had the original idea of the multi purpose joke...Lose lose...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    Staying off topic for a little longer. And this is more a friendly discussion than a bunfight, Elf.

I was thinking otherwise Shasta

Anyway the issue of funding will arise again as the Government Review Group (razor gang) are in full swing at the moment.

I can tell you from personal experience at the moment they are ruthless.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3