Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Matt Giteau wants to play Super 14, but not sure where

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yep, you're right, that isn't negotiating...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    not to drag up an old issue, but i believe gits is saying the force used the third party payments to lure him west, those payments fell through and he is pissed off as anyone would be!

im not bringing it up to argue if the force found the money for him or not, but there was a conflict of interest when our board and players are invested in a sponsor that is outlaying millions to help you sign players!

gits is one of only a few people that knows what really happened and maybe he has the leverage to demand because of that!

i just wish he would have come home and worked his crap out so everyone can move on and realise australian rugby doesnt need him if he thinks he is bigger than the teams he plays for!

vCash
    Yeah I think the shit of this issue is not that Gits is thinking of leaving (although I hate the prospect, we'll get over that) it's that he has steadfastly refused to pour water on the rumours that he won't play out his current (I'm pretty sure engraved in stone) playing contract. It only takes one definitive statement to kill all that speculation but I haven't heard the statement......something just came to mind. what if the statement is being made but not reported?

anyhoo the lack of a firm commitment to 2009 is what's getting up my nose!

C'mon the

vCash
    my theory is gits is trying to push everything to far and leave it to late so he can get a six month contract in france and top up his back account alla carter!

im sure the aru would let him have a sabbatical rather than delve into legal action, if gits cared so much about his future he would have sorted it out first then gone on holiday!

vCash
    You would have to think his SEL agent James Erskine has told Gits to not come back to Australia until has negotiated his contract for 2009 or concede he has to honour it a play with the force for 2009. James Erskine entertain agent could probably get a role in madam butterfly but looks like he can’t release him from his flyhalf force commitments. Winds are still blowing west…

It’s all a bit weird. The longer it takes the more likely he will play for the Force in 2009. He must be lost snow boarding Colorado or something….

Whats important is if he returns to the Force for 2009 he does it in a positive frame of mind and puts in a good season for the team…nothing would be more annoying than watching a poor season. It wouldn’t be fair on the team or the supporters…The Force should have a good S14 after such a positive International season from the players. Giteaus contract appears to be written in stone...

vCash
    I reckon if Gits does return for the Force in 2009 he'll try to make sure he plays a blinder and wins the Super 14 player of the year....those things always drive up your market value.

I'm not so sure about the sabbatical thing though, he's contracted to the ARU and I don't reckon they'll allow him to put club ahead of country.....If they crack on this case, they lose all their credibility in a whole bunch of arguments with the northern unions, Bye bye to nay value in the arguments about sanctions, the Mid year test window, international transfers.......and how about Rocky Elsom's inability to play for the Wallabies this tour, that'll be right out the window....I reckon JO'N will play hardball on this one!

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    something just came to mind. what if the statement is being made but not reported?
    By the Force management you mean? In the hopes people will join up as members to see Giteau but not if he isn't there? Possible I suppose.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    my theory is gits is trying to push everything to far and leave it to late so he can get a six month contract in france and top up his back account alla carter!

im sure the aru would let him have a sabbatical rather than delve into legal action, if gits cared so much about his future he would have sorted it out first then gone on holiday!
    John O'Neill has stated quite categorically that Gits has a contract with the Force for the 09 season and that he will NOT be playing rugby anwhere else. All that means is that if he does not want to play for the Force, he will not be playing, the same applies to his contract with the ARU which runs to the end of the 2011 season

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    But the Firepower contract isnt in the Force deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joondalup dave View Post
    however the force have breached his contract which included the firepower deal, they may grant him a release to play elsewhere within australia.
    as TG said there was no breach. If anything his agent scored him a bum deal and he really should be pursuing that from his agent not the force... If his agent is assisted by the force in doing this there will no doubt be all sorts of hoohaa, so the Force have left the issue well alone... or at least played by the rules this time even if it means losing Gits to a higher bidder...

I say bring back Brock james who seems to have found great form recently Or Hilgendorf or someone!! and let Giteau go... this speculation is doing my head in!!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    I say bring back Brock james who seems to have found great form recently Or Hilgendorf or someone!! and let Giteau go... this speculation is doing my head in!!
    Brock has a great kicking game and thats why he is suited to NH rugby but with a backline like the Force's you want a distributor. Give Daruda another year behind Giteau or bring Hilgendorf back.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joondalup dave View Post
    "But the Firepower contract isnt in the Force deal."

it was, when matt first sat down with the force they said we will give you (a), this company will give you (b) and therefore you total package will be a+b, his agent just signed the papers and took the cheques as a sponsorship consultant as well as his percentage.

sweet deal , until firepower fell over , its not that smart to offer money on behalf of a company that does not exist as a profitable excersize.

they took a loophole and made it part of there contractual arrangements , that is why they were find by the aru.
    The agent signs the papers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Brock has a great kicking game and thats why he is suited to NH rugby but with a backline like the Force's you want a distributor. Give Daruda another year behind Giteau or bring Hilgendorf back.
    I don't know i watch his last game and he was as you say pretty handy slotting 5 but he also scored a sweet try - right place right time and that is 90% skill and 10% luck
    his offloads were fine and defense no problem.. he really has come a loooong way in 2 years

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6