Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fears of player exodus at Force

vCash
    i dont disagree. at the end of the day you have to do what is going to best benifit you in the long term. and if you can play rugby somewhere else for a year or two. and then pay off a house, or set yourself up for a career after the game. then go for it.

doesnt mean i like to see it happen though.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Seems everyone has turned on their own team. I dont think its actually as bad as everyone is making out. Players come and go but we still have season 2009. People seem to have lost sight of that.

I think the players just want to be left alone to play and make their own decisions. Who is to say that a 30 second snippet of an interview with the players is portraying the context of what they said? Its not. The only way you will know their true intentions is when they sign the dotted line whether it be for the Force or another team. At the end of the day its their choice and they have to live with it. At least they have been honest enough to admit Gits departure will play some role in their decision and not flat out deny it.

Thank goodness for going to Canberra this weekend, at least they'll be supporting Giteau while everyone else slags him off.
    Laura, i do not think we are turning on our team, iu for one is feeling very heart sore at the moment, but after a tumultous first three years, we looked like we were getting somewhere, then all of a sudden evry thing seemed to go belly up, with the rumours of Matt that come to fruition, the whisperings about Jm that come to fruition, there is just so much bad news one can take.

I hope and pray we steady the ship and come right, but something in my head tells me to start facing reality

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Seems everyone has turned on their own team. I dont think its actually as bad as everyone is making out. Players come and go but we still have season 2009. People seem to have lost sight of that.
    Actually, I'd say most people are sticking with their 'team' i.e. the - the individuals that are happy to see it die are the object of most people's derision. It's the way everything's come about, and all the knobends suddenly writing the franchises eulogy that is pissing everyone off.

I think the players just want to be left alone to play and make their own decisions. Who is to say that a 30 second snippet of an interview with the players is portraying the context of what they said? Its not. The only way you will know their true intentions is when they sign the dotted line whether it be for the Force or another team.
    That's true, but in recent times unfortunately it is equally due to the 'quotee' employing communication techniques straight from the Johnny Howard school of weasel words as it is from being taken out of context.

And for the record, you can add me to the list of people that don't consider seeing out a contract you've signed of your own volition, that wasn't reneged on by the other party to the contract is something to be 'proud of', especially when the only reason one didn't is because your lawyer couldn't get you out of it.

Last edited by Swee_82; 23-02-09 at 18:44.

vCash
    I think we're all possibly jumping the gun a bit here. Of course Gits leaving was going to give journos the best opportunity they've had for a long while to have a field day with speculation. I'm surprised it isn't worse. But a few things I think are worth noting:
    • The world doesn't revolve around Giteau. We've managed to successfully field three and more recently four super 14 teams. Giteau doesn't play for all of them simultaneously, so the Force will survive post Giteau
    • We've always know that a fair few people came to the Force because of the opportunity to play with Gits. Of course. He is a great player. So some will follow if that is their priority and i'm not going to begrudge them that because they have to look after their own development as players first.
    • Whether Gits had annouced his decision to leave three days ago, three months ago, or at the end of the season, people would always be speculating about his move. I'm quite certain, as Drew himself has said, that the players talk amongst themselves and any players intending to follow Gits and making their career decisions based on his would have done so regardless of when he made that announcement.
    So I plan to wait and see. I hope we can retain some of the talent we currently have but if not, we will survive. We may have a few more crappy seasons to put up with whilst we develop our young'uns but I will continue to support the Force regardless, and even still if we never make it to the finals.

Last edited by Jehna; 23-02-09 at 20:11.
    "Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash

Thank goodness for going to Canberra this weekend, at least they'll be supporting Giteau while everyone else slags him off.
    The "everyone else" you are speaking of are actually supporting the Western Force and not one player in particular "everyone else" will still shout for him when he runs on and "everyone else" will still be sad when he finally goes. But that doesn't change the fact that his announcement came at the wrong time and that if he cared for the Force he would have handled the whole thing more diplomatic The season is half ruined with of the field bull S... just like last year we are in the papers for the wrong reasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RuckNMaul View Post
    No Drew and JOC should stay with the , they should man up and show that they can be away from gits and still play rugby, come on you guys i know you have never had a real job but your not in high school anymore either. this is supposed to be PROFFESSIONAL Rugby. they are acting like kids who just found out ther best mate from last year has changed schools and want to follow. i just seen them on tv saying the only reason they came here is because of gits, to "learn". look fellas you already got the job!!!
    If you're professionally minded you'll want to play for the best team...

vCash
    The 'everyone else' I refer to are the journos, almost every newspaper article has been negative about the situation, it seems only the Canberra papers are happy about it and showing any inkling of something positive. Obviously Canberra people are going to gain from Giteau's departure but we aren't losing as much as they all make it. Sure its Matt Giteau but having him here has helped raise the profile of rugby in WA, he has imparted his knowledge on younger rugby players and for crying out loud he's not dead or gone yet, we still have a season to use his talent and skill and help us get a championship trophy in our cabinet.

My point is, its not the end of the world and its not the end of the Force, the world goes on and the team will keep playing and the players won't always be the same. So long as we keep supporting them and we still have rugby in WA it doesn't matter so much.

vCash
    Force should have sign Ben Cousins when they had the chance........ come on guys an girls chin up it will be OK.... plenty of time to sign the 2010 squad...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    If you're professionally minded you'll want to play for the best team...
    surely that wasnt that rubbish side that scraped past a deplete crusaders team

vCash
    When was the last time the Reds beat the Crusaders? TOCC

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Force should have sign Ben Cousins when they had the chance........ ..
    Smote, neg rep or post "DIAF"? hmmm....

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Smote, neg rep or post "DIAF"? hmmm....
    Thats not a sentence, please use English....

Champion
    vCash
    Gee we are all getting upset aye. Most of us are diehard supporters and we are gutted that we are losing a gun player.......... if they can win a few games away in the next 3 weeks we will be fired up
    PB u are right.whay in the middle of the season Drew is about to pull the pin too mid season how does that make Sharpie feel..........

vCash
    TOCC here you go… the Reds vs. Crusaders track record....

It appears the Reds haven't beaten them in ten years... Now there is a distinct trend here...

I guess that would put the Reds in the participator box and not the contender box…

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    I agree with a few comments here.

The time is actually right for the Force ( and preferably their coach - not an administrator who wishes he was coach) to ask the squad, individually, "are you with us or not"

The Force can then hold a squad of 25-30 committed players and finally spend some time and money developing local talent.

They can then finally develop a squad that grows together, rather than one that turns its players over every 2-3 years.

A good example of this is the Brisbane Lions.

They did it tough for many years, but then develop local champions and turned in to a talented team with local talent - 3 premierships later proves it can be done!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast