Thread: Our back 3

vCash

Our back 3

Well I'm wondering.

What are we going to do with this Cameron Shepard bloke? It's maybe a little obvious Drew is my favourite player, but even I know Cameron had a FANTASTIC game tonight and deserves to be in that jumper again! WOW he was simply amazing.

So what do we think should happen with our back 3 for next weeks game?

Will Muliana be back to take FB for the chiefs? Cam might be needed back there...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Champion
    vCash
    Dont change a winning formula........change Drew and Sheps v stioll be the same oucome..........

MOM Browny....... and Browny

vCash
    Brown dog was mighty tonight! I'm with "Bill' stick with the winning formula- for a while anyway.

vCash
    I think Shep probably took 11 to keep the pressure off his kicking leg, but it sure heaped the pressure on his stepping leg!

I don't like Drew at 15, his boot is just too unpredictable, but on tonights results I'd be prepared to give it another shot. Cam will need to help out a lot with the boot.

I think the Chiefs willl kick a lot less high ball to Nick Cummins' wing next week as well.......wasn't he faultless under those bombs?

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I think Shep probably took 11 to keep the pressure off his kicking leg, but it sure heaped the pressure on his stepping leg!

I don't like Drew at 15, his boot is just too unpredictable, but on tonights results I'd be prepared to give it another shot. Cam will need to help out a lot with the boot.

I think the Chiefs willl kick a lot less high ball to Nick Cummins' wing next week as well.......wasn't he faultless under those bombs?
    He takes high balls like an AFL player. I know comparing someone to an AFL player isn't usually a complement but in this case.......

I say keep Shepherd on the wing. He's doing pretty great there- much better than at 15 against the Blues. But Drew at 15 probably isn't working either. Give O'Connor a run at 15.

9. Valentine 10. Giteau 11. Shepherd 12. Pelesasa 13. Cross 14. Mitchell 15. O'Connor
    with Cummins and either Daruda or Staniforth on the bench.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    He takes high balls like an AFL player. I know comparing someone to an AFL player isn't usually a complement but in this case.......

I say keep Shepherd on the wing. He's doing pretty great there- much better than at 15 against the Blues. But Drew at 15 probably isn't working either. Give O'Connor a run at 15.

9. Valentine 10. Giteau 11. Shepherd 12. Pelesasa 13. Cross 14. Mitchell 15. O'Connor
    with Cummins and either Daruda or Staniforth on the bench.
    That's what I was thinking, but then Nick Cummins had a fantastic game and shouldn't be dropped after that... But then, Drew's been fantastic too. But... I'm running out of options! Drew at 15 is clearly not doing too well and if Muliania is back next week then we do need a strong boot at 15.

BDAVEY, that doesn't make sense. You said don't change anything and then in the next sentence you said change. The simple minds don't comprehend yet...

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    No way you could drop Nick after tonights effort, he had an (almost) faultless match.
    As for Drew, can someone please teach him to kick, or at to at least know his limitations

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    As for Drew, can someone please teach him to kick, or at to at least know his limitations
    You just contradicted yourself Burgs, I heard you say something like
    Teach drew to kick or teach him not to kick!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Oh no, he can still kick, he just might not get as disappointed as the rest of us when he kicks it out on the full each time...but preferably yes, keep it in hand or pass it.

He had some great long passes tonight, far more effective than any of his kicks.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Hey team,

Yep, the Brown Dawg was awesome, Shep finished sweetly but I really think Joshy V was the business. He played like a fourth loosey. The bloke was everywhere and always going forward. MOM Funny Valentine