Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Why people join to stir?

vCash
    Is there a problem being a guest now?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophies Horatio

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SleazyWineBaas View Post
    Nice mule
    It must be a filly?
    No, sleazyWineBaas, as I've suggested before, just well hung.

vCash
    not saying that just saying that if you were a guest it doesn't fit in with the fact that you are very opinionated! and for some one with that sort of opinionated personality, you would have piped up along time ago! ... thats all I'm saying ...

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Fulv, I think you are being unfair using such big words at this time of the night (first sentence )

The trouble is Fulv that I regularly get feedback from people I know or meet who either haven't joined or have withdrawn and the overwhelming reason from those who have informed me relates directly to periods of time when trolls have been in full flight.

It is not generally the content or opinions within a post that will see it gain the attention of any of the Mods, it is the abusive language or tone that it is set at.

The standard I have set for myself and to moderate others to is if you are not prepared to say it to someone's face down at the local then don't say it here.

I have no problem with banter and pulling the piss, but we all know that is not what is always going on at times here, especially when there is overwhelming evidence from other sources on the net of them bragging about their putting us in our place and extreme bad mouthing of individuals here, while keeping up a facade of fun and games banter to our faces.

There is this theme of just ignoring it in threads but the problem is when it is at it's worst you would never find a thread more than three posts long to read before it got taken over.

It's very rare that I have challenged anyone's post content as a moderator in terms of "guarding our ideas" etc but I feel I have the right as with anyone else here to put my opinion out there. And if I start a debate/argument as an ordinary Member I have never in my memory reverted to big brother Moderator to get the upper hand.

At the end of the day I am proud of this site and being a part of the management of it and as a Mod I will do what I feel is fair and reasonable in protecting its reputation so I may remain proud to be associated with it.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Also in regards to peer moderation, I think it would be a good idea so long as it is thought out. Idealy I would think that the power someone had would be equivalent to the status. ie (number of posts x months as a member)/1000)/number of smotes)x1% of the number of praises if it is greater then 1) would equal the percentage of the yellow card

so my percentage would be 44.88%
    fulvio would be 64.30%
    Flame thrower would be 77.10%

or something along those lines where the number of posts and time as a member are taken into account as well as the number of smotes and praises from fellow TWFers or something. just my 2 bobs worth

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    Burgs I love you

using my formula you would have a percentage of 788.61% ... but your a moderator so I guess that explains it!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    You may need a little lay down now Lonz
    I agree if it is of the peer style then a certain weighting would be required.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    my head hurts :s

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm not surprised Lonzy. This is the first time I haven't understood one of your posts because your making sense!

vCash
    shhhh! don't tell my parents ... they will want me to make sense more often!!! eep:s

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Nice work Lonz

Just happy to be here

vCash
    An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

case in point anyone?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Changed my mind, status quo lives.

Don't feed the trolls.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Dunno, might prefer the trolls than put up with Status Quo all over again

Good work Boss