Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Force close in on Grant

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Maybe something that happened to a team mate has something to do with leaving.

http://www.mg.co.za/article/2008-05-...ut-rape-at-uwc

All I know is that all the South Africans who I know love this place because of the freedoms we take for granted.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    Like I said before you know nothing
    well thats why i actually asked you, but before you go accusing me of "knowing nothing", it would be wise to consider that other people in other parts of the world have witnessed significantly worse.

After 12months working in the middle east, i can say wholeheartedly that the fact you are able to post articles on those atrocities, is already a step above some of the incidents i have had to deal with, which were so common in occurence that reporting them in the nearly non-exisistant media was not even possible.

All i am saying, is that potentially people need to learn the true meaning of some of the words they are throwing around, things like 'chaos' and 'anarchy' are quite powerful words in there meaning, and IMO based on my experiences its not nearly the case in south africa.

vCash
    I understand that TOCC It is just hard for us when you hear people say there is nothing wrong with South Africa but in the meantime people is getting murdered left right and center, and the goverment is not doing anything about it

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    i doubt Grant would move to Perth if he doesnt get a contract with the Force, on top of that i find it ironic that you mention his 'passion and commitment to a place', the fact that he is moving from his home country would indicate to me that he definetly doesnt have those qualities to start with.
    You still haven't got over me calling you a coprophage have you??

As others have mentioned, to claim that someone leaving South Africa necessarily lacks passion and commitment to that country is misguided at best. I think you should restrict your comments to uncomplicated issues TOCC...

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    All i am saying, is that potentially people need to learn the true meaning of some of the words they are throwing around, things like 'chaos' and 'anarchy' are quite powerful words in there meaning, and IMO based on my experiences its not nearly the case in south africa.
    There is a quote from a book called The Forgotten Soldier, a story of one young German soldiers experiences fighting on the Russian front. It is a gruelling story and required reading at WestPoint for officers in training, to get an understanding of how bad combat experiences can be.
    When retrospectively thinking about the first time someone beside him was killed he made the comment that you should be very careful about using extremes of language, what words are you going to use when something worse happens?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    Like I said before you know nothing

Interesting article

In 1994 when SA still exported agricultural products on a massive scale, it had 85,000 farmers using less than 7% of the total land surface. At the moment, less than 10,000 commercial farmers remain, raising crops on less than 0.75% of the total land surface. The country is now facing serious food shortages for the first time in its entire recorded agricultural history since the mid-1600's.

Murder rates in South Africa now 88 a day.

The latest police statistics - this is from 2006 it is much worse now
    show that the actual deaths (murder and manslaughter (culpable homicide) through violence in South Africa are almost 87 a day, or 32 000 a year. Compared with say the USA's total of 16 000 a year, with a population of six times that of South Africa, the statistic takes on a whole new meaning. Basically it means that you are twelve times as likely to die a violent death in South Africa than you are in the USA.

Here is some news articles from one newspaper today

University 'like Gaza Strip'

01/04/2009 10:37
    Nine students have been hospitalised after politically motivated violence at the University of Zululand, which has been compared to a warzone.

Crime intel cops shot dead

Two members of the police's crime intelligence unit have been shot dead in Gauteng while looking for a wanted man while two other officers were injured.

Ex-boxer 'beat man to death'

A former boxer of Aloe Ridge near Johannesburg has appeared in the Vereeniging Magistrate's court after allegedly beating a man to death with his fists and a brick.

Blue light bully spat at woman

A KwaZulu-Natal woman is on ARV medication after the Msunduzi mayor's blue light bodyguard allegedly spat in her face during a confrontation on the N3.

Mom finds daughter's body

A woman has been found bludgeoned to death at a house in Tsakane. The woman is believed to have been killed with a claw hammer.

Guard guilty of dancer's murder

Security guard Aaron Mashishi has been found guilty of the murder of Pretoria ballerina Estée van Rensburg in a house he was paid to protect.

Woman gang-raped in house

A woman has been raped and another throttled by four armed men at the women's house in Mpumalanga. The men then stole milk and left.
    TOCC has foot in mouth disease

---------- Post added at 18:31 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    There is a quote from a book called The Forgotten Soldier, a story of one young German soldiers experiences fighting on the Russian front. It is a gruelling story and required reading at WestPoint for officers in training, to get an understanding of how bad combat experiences can be.
    When retrospectively thinking about the first time someone beside him was killed he made the comment that you should be very careful about using extremes of language, what words are you going to use when something worse happens?
    More adjectives

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    TOCC needs to go fishing.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ethicist View Post
    TOCC has foot in mouth disease
    but at least i dont need to use more then one account, hey chisel!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    yes im quite familar with The Forgotten Soldier, im also familiar with the questions of the authenticity about the author. None the less, its a interesting read but should potentially be treated as a novel rather then a autiobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyM View Post
    You still haven't got over me calling you a coprophage have you??

As others have mentioned, to claim that someone leaving South Africa necessarily lacks passion and commitment to that country is misguided at best. I think you should restrict your comments to uncomplicated issues TOCC...
    no, fortunately i dont cling onto such petty stuff, the point of my comment was to draw attention to the fact that although he is leaving his homeland South Africa, he is apparently flush with passion and commitment for a new place he hasnt even lived in yet.... why perth i ask?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Coz Perth rocks.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    thats probably it

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    And he probably has a hundred mates from SA here too...
    Instant community, just add hairy back.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Veteran
    vCash
    yeah, hundreds of saffers and poms. And he can find em all in or around joondalup .

Also, totally unrelated to this thread, i think it would be good to get an experienced 10 in. JOC hasnt seemed too interested in playing there yet, so why not. Really, if we can sign him, why not?

vCash
    yepp joondalup and clarkson and merriwa!

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

No Force for me: Peter Grant

The Stormers star wanted by the Force to replace Matt Giteau had a double dose of bad news for Australian teams - he's happy in Cape Town and his side is set to "click" against the New South Wales.

Springbok five-eighth Peter Grant is being chased by the Force as a marquee overseas star for 2010 in a bid to stop young talent like James O'Connor from following Giteau in moving back east.

Grant's parents live in Perth but the former Springbok playmaker said he has no immediate plans to join them.

"If I do consider a move, Perth would be a better option than anywhere else to be near my family. But I haven't planned on moving to Perth, no," Grant said in Sydney. "I am off contract next year but I am very happy at this point. I'm looking to extend at the Stormers."

There may be a touch of brinkmanship in Grant's comments, however, with Force insiders saying they're still confident of snaring the 24-year-old.

Of more pressing concern to Grant this week is the Stormers' clash with the Waratahs at the SFS on Saturday night. Or - if Grant's confidence is any indication - the concern could well be NSW's.

The star-studded Stormers are placed ninth in a season of inconsistency and close losses but Grant believes the Africans are "on the edge" of blowing a team away.

"We have created a lot of opportunities. The ball just hasn't been bouncing for us and passes not sticking," he said.

"But we have that feeling it is due to click sometime, it is just a matter of when. We feel like we are on the edge, it's a matter of one or two things coming right."

The Stormers lost to the Crusaders 11-7 last round. It was their fourth defeat by fewer than six points in 2009, including against front-runners the Sharks and the Bulls.

But in one of two wins, the Cape Towners thrashed the Lions 56-18 three weeks ago.

"If you look at our game against the Lions, when things started working out for us, that's the potential of what we can do," Grant said.

Coach Rassie Erasmus has named his strongest team to meet the Waratahs, with 257 Test caps experience. Test star Conrad Jantjes returns to full-back, while Jean De Villiers and Gcobani Bobo reunite in the centres.

Grant hasn't seen much of rival No.10 Daniel Halangahu, but rates him as "stable" and a provider of structure for the Waratahs.

But the Stormers still hold Kurtley Beale in high regard after he kicked a sideline goal for a draw at Newlands last year.

"Beale is very unpredictable," Grant said. "If they bring him on, those little kicks of his, he is capable of turning the game."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...002381,00.html

vCash
    Great news
    Lets chase a good tghthead

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast