Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Daniel Halangahu guaranteed Western Force No. 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I don't discount the value of a good 10 either WRF, but I don't think we need our 10 to be our goalkicker

I also think that our 10 simply needs to be able to read the play and direct the traffic......we've had too much of the guy who needs the ball always in his hand. The thing I like about a Carter or a Donald is that they hardly get recognised until you look for them. The centres blast through a gap, and you think it's all them until you see the miracle ball that put them in a nonexistent hole. The pinpoint kicking which the wingers run on to.....these things all come from a great 10, not from a prima donna, but from a guy who knows and utilises the strengths of those around him.
    Once again good points from you.

That's what a good 10 does. I don't rate Gits as a good 10 and we haven't been led around the park by a good 10 yet.

What we do need now IS that good halfback/fly half combination. A good 10 will simply get into position when he decides to do something. Grant Fox was great at it and deserves a mention as well, Larkham is another one.

All that hype about Gits coming here, the whole firepower thing, I just don't think he's delivered and I want a 10 that will.

Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out Gits.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    It is a bit of a shame that it is easier to throw money at problems than time & effort. I can't help but wonder where we would be now if three years ago we had committed to a (say) Hilgendorf, also identified the best couple of local 16/17yr old prospects, and given them and Daruda all possible assistance in identifying and developing whatever skills were lacking...

Apprentice
    vCash
    Just a sneaky little theory that if sheehan comes to the force then O'young will go back home to NSW to link up with hickey once again. (Eastwood days) Will probably see him go overseas after that.
    He just needs more game time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Contracts mean nothing anyway hey SBW.
    yes but SBW was a unique case

He contract was registered with the NRL the IRB did not need to recognise it. But if you try to pinch a player from from another Rugby club in the same way the IRB has to recognise to original Rugby contract with whatever clun had originally signed them

If the player was able tro negotiate a release from the club that would be different.

Nick Evans on $320,000 quid (661,735.96 AUD), he won't be back down here in a hurry

If we need backs coach or a speacilist Flyhalf coach you can pull a few strings and get your mate down here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    yes but SBW was a unique case

He contract was registered with the NRL the IRB did not need to recognise it. But if you try to pinch a player from from another Rugby club in the same way the IRB has to recognise to original Rugby contract with whatever clun had originally signed them

If the player was able tro negotiate a release from the club that would be different.
    Yeah I know shoud have put a smiley face next to it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4