Make a tackle +1000
    Break a tackle +100
    Miss a tackle that leads to a try -4000
    Score a try +5000
    Miss 3 tackles that costs a game -10000
    Aimless kick -500
    Good kick +250

He could prove to be quite a bargain.

Players should be paid what they are worth and not what they think they are worth.

If he signs for the force the pressure will be on to perform to the best of his abilities.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Mitchell announces new contract

Drum roll please…

vCash
    If I was running the show at The Force I'd give him a "take it or leave it" offer which is less than he would be expecting. It's been said many times here but the money is needed to fill much more important holes in our list for 2010. Maybe to upgrade some of the lesser lights who are performing too. I'm having trouble understanding why there is so much focus on this bloke. His reputation far exceeds his performance.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I guess because he is a Wallaby and is a part of the Force Firepower asset sale...

But Rabbit is next and the media will go crazy writing up his stories before the end of the season... The Kid is getting better every match...

I thought the same thing about Ron Casey, His reputation far exceeds his performance...

Last edited by mudskipper; 19-04-09 at 19:01.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    Josh and Drew are very good mates. Sheps is also in the clique. ...
    hmmm how mis-informed can we be ? Anyone else here talked to the individulas and got the same impression ?

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    ...His reputation far exceeds his performance.
    So he's like Lote then?

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    So he's like Lote then?
    like Lote and Dell...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post
    hmmm how mis-informed can we be ? Anyone else here talked to the individulas and got the same impression ?
    What do you mean? I don't get it... The impression that they are friends?

Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    So he's like Lote then?
    Ewwww!!! He has underperformed this season but he's still a long way off Lote!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post

I thought the same thing about Ron Casey, His reputation far exceeds his performance...
    Rex thinks so too. Frankly I agree with him. I seem to be doing that a bit letely which might be a worry.

Normie Rowe is not so sure.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    nothing like a good punch up

Apprentice
    vCash
    wats with force fans and all of a sudden disliking their best players

force need guys like mitchell, brown and pocock to stay or they wont be able to recruit anymore Queenslanders... i mean players lol nah jks

he has played poor in some games but he is still a very good player they should try hard to keep him

plus they have already lost giteau, if they lose mitchell they may lose their best lookin team status... ok random but really how good looking are some of their players?? force selectors seem to pick on looks lol

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

NO but seriously give the force players a break

force fans are harsh

mitchell is good and heaps better then the useless waste of money tuqiri

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rugbygirl92 View Post
    mitchell is good and heaps better then the useless waste of money tuqiri
    Well I agree with the first statement at least. M<itchell is a good player. They should make him an offer accordingly. Then they can use the money saved to keep some great players.

vCash

Force should try hard to keep Mitchell.

Drew Mitchell is an inconsistent player some days he misses crucial tackles and then other days he makes crucial linebreaks, scores those crucial tries or making those crucial tackles, but his been like that from the beginning, with reds and the wallabies.

He is an asset the force should try to keep but they probably won't (keep him). He is a queenslander and could look to go home, plus he is close with Gits (they had the whole Barber shop thing together) and may want to play with him...even just for the advantage of playing with the worlds best fly-half (not the friend thing), and then there are rumours the Tahs have offered him the most money so far plus Sam Norton-Knight is going to wales next year. So we'll just have to wait and see what he choses.

P.S. He is not as overrated as Lote Tuqiri, that guy should have stopped making the Wallabies side years ago, he is just getting in on reputation.

The guy isn't a bad player and the Force don't have anyone better to take his spot, Force fans should want him to stay, some people I think are just angered over some of their better players leaving.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy91 View Post
    The guy isn't a bad player and the Force don't have anyone better to take his spot, Force fans should want him to stay, some people I think are just angered over some of their better players leaving.
    We don't want players who don't want to be here. We have been patient with Mitchell but if he really wanted to be here he would have made a decision by now rather than drawing it out to see what other teams do etc like a soldier of fortune. We probably wanted him to stay a month or two ago but now its justified indifference.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash

Players perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    We don't want players who don't want to be here. We have been patient with Mitchell but if he really wanted to be here he would have made a decision by now rather than drawing it out to see what other teams do etc like a soldier of fortune. We probably wanted him to stay a month or two ago but now its justified indifference.
    I can understand where you are coming from but from a person who knows a few players I can tell you it's not easy for players to make these kind of decisions. They have alot of things to consider; their families, their future, making their selves happy, making the national team, playing were they can play their best, playing were they can gain the most experience and yes obviously money plays into it as well.

People think players make a heap of money and they shouldn't need to worry about it, but truthfully a good player may play till his 35 (if his lucky-forwards are generally older than backs, but backs start younger) so he'll maybe get 10yrs of good (well payed) professional footy. That's only up to 35, that's not even half a players life. They have to use this money to support themselves and family for another what? Hopefully 50+ years. In that perspective it's not that much money.

I'm sure Mitchell does quite like perth but he has to weigh other things in his decision and he needs to know the facts before rushing into a contract.

Trust me I know what it's like to loose players, god I was angry for months when Latham left the Reds (more angry at the ARU though) but you have to look at it from the players perspective.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast