Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Force fullback Mitchell to announce plans for future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    So he isn't good enough to sit on his arse and talk for 80 minutes? Are Greg Clarke or Rod Kafer any better? Most players have an author help them with their books.

So he is not a good enough player to do any of those, has he no insight into the game? So why do we want to sign him then? So we can keep up with the current trends in hair styles?
    I was talking of players in general i don't no his particular situation. And he is smart enough and good enough to get a job afterwards but their are only so many places for that kind of employment.

As far as his hair goes... I don't care if he shaves it off again just as long as he plays.

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    I doubt they sit on their arses all day long post-rugby, John Welborn sure doesn't! They get normal jobs and live like normal people.
    Fair enough...fair enough...just saying everyone has the right to consider their options and what will be best for them in the long run.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash

Drew and Co

Get sick of these guys playing cat and mouse with each other their members and the loyal sign ons. Deans should tell some of these guys that staying will stengthen their careers they may listen to him. Mitchell u can pi off as far as I am concern as u think u are shit hot but u are most the time pretty ordinary.
    Josh stay u will stength your game another 50% next season who ever is outside u.
    Browny AND pEK will stay as will JOC MARK MY WORDS

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rugbygirl92 View Post
    im sure they dont... but they dont have the experience of other workers and havnt spent time in businesses or at uni soo they cant just go out and get a job which will support their family, players get paid soo they can continue to support themselves and their family after their time in the game
    Thats as far from the truth as things go. A large of rugby players complete degrees while they are playing. For those that don't, if you aren't playing for the Wallabies you have at least 6 months of the year with no games and plenty of time to get some form of work and experience and if they don't thats their own problem.

Al Baxter is an architect, John Roe is a doctor, and our own Chris O'Young spends his spare time working for financial services firm KPMG and is also completing an MBA through the Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM).

If its good enough for them.....

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    For crying out loud. Enough of the speculation and rumours, he was quoted saying he hasn't deciced yet. Clearly he is not going to make an announcement if he hasn't decided. FFS What is the point writing an article about the fact that he hasn't decided, of course he hasn't or the article would have been about his decision!

Was talking to the parents of a few players after Saturday's game...the boys haven't decided yet and don't want to be distracted by it during the season. End of season they will decide and announce, in the mean time they want to play their rugby and get on with it. I think we should do the same and ignore the speculation from journo's who know as much about the contract negotiations as I know about brain surgery.

rant over.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Doctor Laura. To the operating theatre..STAT!

Doctor Laura.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Thats as far from the truth as things go. A large of rugby players complete degrees while they are playing. For those that don't, if you aren't playing for the Wallabies you have at least 6 months of the year with no games and plenty of time to get some form of work and experience and if they don't thats their own problem.

Al Baxter is an architect, John Roe is a doctor, and our own Chris O'Young spends his spare time working for financial services firm KPMG and is also completing an MBA through the Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM).

If its good enough for them.....
    and Larkham is a Barrister
    i am aware that rugby players can go to uni
    and also well aware that alot of rugby players are well educated
    but the most of them are from back in the day lol
    current wallabies however dont really have the time...
    its pre super 14 matches, then super 14, pre tri-nation matches, tri-nations and then the spring tour... thats pretty much why vickerman left the tahs and wallabies so he could go 2 uni

and i kno some people on rookie contracts for the reds... they basically get 16 000 dollars a yr cause "they can get jobs and go to school" but most of the time if their not spending every day training or at the gym they dont make it to the big time, to make it into rugby these days u need to train like a pro and play like 1. Those guys dont really have time to study or work

playin rugby at an elite level is not as easy for the players as people seem to think it is

R.I.P shawn Mackay - Rugby community will miss you

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    There is always spare time. The Academy players certainly don't spend more than 4hours a day training/at the gym. So you've got options like part time uni or correspondence.

And the Wallabies. If they were half sensible they would put aside a small fraction of rather large amount of money they earn so that they have the option of going to university to study as mature age students.

All that though works on the idea that university is the be all and the end all. There are plenty of other non-academic options. Could always go and work in the mines.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try a real job and a young family.
    Totally agree old boy

Can you find some more video of napalm? Great scorched earth cam

I love the players "I miss my friends and family".............HTFU. Try making some new friends. Dead set, what a pack of sooks.

Mitchell will sign with the Force this week because the Tahs would have withdrawn their large offer after having watched him play the other night. He was terrible. He was woeful against the Canes as well.

This "can't make up my mind, I'm blubbering dribble in my cornflakes for months due to the worry" is for losers.

Controversy corner

vCash

Bang on the money

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Mitchell will sign with the Force this week because the Tahs would have withdrawn their large offer after having watched him play the other night. He was terrible. He was woeful against the Canes as well.
    He should go back to the Reds. They deserve each other.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4